KodiTips Forums

Where has TVAddons Gone?

Admin

• +29/-0
    • View Profile
    • Kodi Tips
Where has TVAddons Gone?
« on: June 18, 2017, 11:18:30 pm »
KodiTips has information on the site: http://koditips.com/tvaddons-down-not-working-news/

But for those that don't know, the TVA website and forums went offline approximately a week ago. The website was not forced offline or seized from all the information we know, but there is no indication when it may come back online.

Whatever happens in the future, let's respect the privacy of the TVA admins until they decide their course of action.

Thoughts?

zahidi

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Where has TVAddons Gone?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 12:18:58 am »
if TVA admin is reading this, I think it's only fair for them to explain the status... "Never has so many relied on so few i.e TVA Admin".

Use2pay4cable

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 01:58:36 am »
although the sudden departure of TVA was an inconvenience for some, in the long run it could have a positive impact. it could give others a chance to fill the void and maybe some hungry new developer will emerge from the ashes from the now nowhere to be seen, missing in action TVA

Veclinux

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 03:36:16 am »
For the most part tvaddons was 80% dead addons anyways. I'm sure podgod mettlekettle and even exodus will find new homes if needed......hopefully this new site will keep us informed of such progress

Cheers

Wara

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 09:39:51 am »
That will be a pity if they are gone for good(TVA)

hatrix

• +27/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 10:26:01 am »
despite the current turmoil, i think this will be a good thing. The new repo's and developers popping up and helping in the TVA absence are doing a really good job. There is alot more interaction and status updates from the dev's and admins than with tva.

cjwskca

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 03:24:58 pm »
TVA's had the best build.... Hands down. I miss them already.

android1462

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 03:38:58 pm »
speaking of TVA i miss indigo for my backup is there a zip anywhere I can get guys ??

AnarchyMedia

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 11:34:51 pm »
I'm glad they brought us Exodus and Salts back and it's all in one repo. I can't wait for them to have their home for good soon.

crazyxbmc

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 09:31:09 am »
I think it is a good thing in the long run look at what is going on now tva made it really easy for people and now the people are in a panic there is a wealth of information out there if people search.

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 03:25:41 pm »
Its sad that they felt the need to disappear and leave those that have come to see them as an integral to their kodi experience wondering what happened, but the community is bigger than one and will certainly continue to thrive.  Having unfairly been on the receiving end of the bs that probably got their panties in a bunch recently, I can say, I wish them no ill will regarding their choice to lay low. they have to do what's best for them, and only they can know what that is.

kodirule1983

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2017, 07:49:27 pm »
With everything that is going with Kodi and TV ADDONS is it even woth it to get a new android box?

hatrix

• +27/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 07:53:26 pm »
With everything that is going with Kodi and TV ADDONS is it even woth it to get a new android box?
Definitely, if you're willing to take some time to learn

Kruncy

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 08:48:47 am »
speaking of TVA i miss indigo for my backup is there a zip anywhere I can get guys ??

Can't say where to find Indigo, but there is a good backup program inside the official Kodi Repo.
It's pretty much the same as the one found in Indigo.

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 03:22:36 pm »
I'm glad they brought us Exodus and Salts back and it's all in one repo. I can't wait for them to have their home for good soon.

I love TVaddons and miss them badly! They offered awesome support and I hope they return soon!
Meanwhile where can I find Exodus and SALTS that work???

Thanks so much

Citygirl32

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 05:08:32 pm »
I was hoping that TVaddons would return quickly, but given that subpoenas have been issued to "find" them, I don't think that they'll be back soon.  {{sobs}

Greyhound

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 05:13:14 pm »
For the most part tvaddons was 80% dead addons anyways. I'm sure podgod mettlekettle and even exodus will find new homes if needed......hopefully this new site will keep us informed of such progress

Cheers

RealTV

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 11:02:17 pm »
Thank you koditips   your info and li is to help keep the exodus add-on you g has made things great. As for the TVaddons.  Exodus is the only real add on we used the rest we didn't use.   Ares is very good and their Maintance tool is great.   

We don't use builds at all......i teach everyone how to do clean installs on their add-ons and that less is more for performance.  Adding real debrid. Well I can't say enough good about this service.  Talk about turbo charging.

As long as I can keep getting access to the 3.0 repo for exodus  we are all happy campers

1ja7xx

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 05:11:39 pm »
Hey guys-
     Pretty new to Kodi. Had Exodus but was running slow, brother tried to do an update but it ended up taking everything off our Kodi, Exodus and all.

Tried installing it again with "http://HTTP://fusion.tvaddons" thing but it didn't go past the second stage, after typing in that link and naming it "FUSION." Where I was supposed to see some options under "FUSION" there was nothing.

I assume this is to do with tvaddons being down, but do y'all have any tips for me? Can I get exodus again, or is it not possible while the site is down?

Thanks

TonyH

• +39/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 05:31:47 pm »
Not sure about the status of the repo, but have a look here
http://koditips.com/exodus-kodi-addon-lambda-install-guide/amp/

hatrix

• +27/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 06:27:40 pm »
the fusion repo is and has been down since tva went away.
don't waste time trying to install anything from it. most major addons have alternate repos now.

MacPhisto

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 09:04:27 am »

I assume this is to do with tvaddons being down, but do y'all have any tips for me? Can I get exodus again, or is it not possible while the site is down?

Thanks

Try downloading the zip file here and coping it to your system, then install from zip.

https://github.com/kodil/kodil/blob/master/repo/plugin.video.exodus/plugin.video.exodus-3.1.19.zip

Mobboro

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2017, 09:32:59 am »
Gone with the wind. my guess is MPAA has something to do with this.