• +3/-0
    • View Profile

hatrix

• +29/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
Re: This can't be good....
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 02:34:49 pm »
yep sergio said hes gone, echo deleted his twitter, and the colossus repo is gone.
I get the feeling something more is happening than just s simple retirement.

i can't get the ares twitter to load either hmm
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:39:40 pm by hatrix »

K4Me

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 02:47:49 pm »
For now it means no updates and new installs not possible. Keep what you have installed as it still works, and do not uninstall.

hatrix

• +29/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 02:52:58 pm »
jsergio just tweeted "The community needs to support @tvaddonsco legal battle. That's all I'm going to say."

https://twitter.com/jsergio123/status/930884765686919168

can only imagine what this means...

Kodiaddict

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 03:09:40 pm »
interesting. Thanks for sharing...

does it show a list of addons besides Covenant that are affected by this?

flhthemi

• +11/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 03:10:48 pm »
Here we go again...

hatrix

• +29/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 03:14:52 pm »

there most likely wont be an immediate effect.

all the colossus addons: covenant, cartoon crazy, bennu, etc.

Kodiaddict

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 03:37:37 pm »

there most likely wont be an immediate effect.

all the colossus addons: covenant, cartoon crazy, bennu, etc.

I see. Thanks

hatrix

• +29/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 04:46:43 pm »
Well whatever is happening is big. Lots of big devs wiping their Twitter accounts clean or taking down their repos. Hell even smash has gone dark on Twitter and he is always talking.

broknsymetry

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 07:01:31 pm »
Yep, had this sick feeling when they started talking about the EU servers having problems.  Same thing happened when TVADDONS went. :(

dada

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 10:47:42 am »
so do we have a list of addons that won't be affected?

hatrix

• +29/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2017, 11:16:35 am »
so far these are gone:

All Colossus  repo addons: covenant, bennu, cartoon crazy, urresolver metahandler, fear of the dark, sportie, xxx-odus
Ares: ares repo, ares wizard, othet ares addons
Dandy: all dandy addons are offline but apparently they will be back at an unknown time
Smash: his repo is temporarily offline while he sorts which addons to keep up

Deathstreams (SALTS fork )from Colossus repo has moved to a new repo http://repo.lookingglass.rocks/

As of right now still up:
 Nemesis, Supremacy, Sportsdevil, Maverick addons, Noobs and nerds addons, Elysium, Rising tides, Rockcrusher Repo,
Goliath/Picasso.

I've just listed the major and important addons/repos.
There are wayyy more that are still up.

As stated in multiple places your addons will still work fine for now, just be sure to turn off auto updating.

dada

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2017, 11:24:19 am »
so far these are gone:

All Colossus  repo addons: covenant, bennu, cartoon crazy, urresolver metahandler, fear of the dark, sportie, xxx-odus
Ares: ares repo, ares wizard, othet ares addons
Dandy: all dandy addons are offline but apparently they will be back at an unknown time
Smash: his repo is temporarily offline while he sorts which addons to keep up

Deathstreams (SALTS fork )from Colossus repo has moved to a new repo http://repo.lookingglass.rocks/

As of right now still up:
 Nemesis, Supremacy, Sportsdevil, Maverick addons, Noobs and nerds addons, Elysium, Rising tides, Rockcrusher Repo,
Goliath/Picasso.

I've just listed the major and important addons/repos.
There are wayyy more that are still up.

As stated in multiple places your addons will still work fine for now, just be sure to turn off auto updating.
Good Stuff, Thanks. As of now Stream Hub is still working also

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2017, 02:18:54 pm »
Why donít they just leave kodi , addon developers and people like MYSELF whom canít afford to pay 100$ for basic cable or satellite TV! Itís a blame shame that network channels are considered free, but you have to have basic cable to watch! Then thereís the stupid commercials talking about every drug and itís side effects!  IMO there are more important things for these dumb***** to target instead of wasting money on how to stop people from steaming content! IE: Homelessness, mental health issues and the list goes on and on. Yet they would rather use that money to sue sites and people that are trying to help. Greed is the bottom line here! Do they not understand the developers DO NOT GET PAID for what they do! These companies are so hungry for money that they would spend their last dime to stop itÖ..

You at one point could pay $7.99 for HULU now if you want it without adds its $11.99 and it still contains adds at the start of the show just another way of ripping us off..
Netflix always shows content (movies) that are 4 or 5 years old. $8.99 month and is not updated on a regular basis!!
Letís not forget Amazon and Amazon prime what a rip off! $9.99 Ė 14.99 for movies that have been released on DVD for years but were money makers for the studios Dirty Dancing is just one example.  If you join Amazon prime to have access to what they think is best. Amazon Prime is $99 a year and limited to what they consider popular! To watch an episode of a show that may have aired back in the 90s or earlier they want to charge $1.99 per episode.
Now included in this is YouTube they now have a service called YouTube red if you want to watch tv shows.
So sick of this bull crap!!! Wish they would just stop messing with Kodi and the addons!!
Growing up we had 3 network channels which all we needed was a TV and a set of rabbit ears to watch!!! Those were the good old daysÖÖ

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 02:20:33 pm by Sara5dawn »

flhthemi

• +11/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2017, 07:18:04 pm »
I understand your view but...If your new TV has a tuner in it, some don't nowadays, you can attach an antenna and get free TV OTA just like when you were a kid. Channel numbers might be different now and there are sub-channels that carry other networks like METV, TV Land and the like. Those that advertise aren't the TV stations, they are companies promoting their products! Like Ford, or medical insurance companies or Loews or any one of a plethora of others. They pay the TV networks which makes the OTA still available for free. Someone has to pay or there wouldn't be ANY OTA TV, which by the way, is mandated by the government! Big money is being lost by these addons being in existence. So the movie and TV industries are willing to spend big money to keep control of it. Not saying who is right or wrong...just sayin' cause it sure sounds like you think you're entitled. :)

kodidave

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2017, 12:59:38 am »

Man I am depressed, nothing is working even the ever so reliable Exodus is down for the count.
 This is just plain terrible. Such a fantastic tech shot down like a mad dog in the street............

hatrix

• +29/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2017, 01:42:54 am »

Man I am depressed, nothing is working even the ever so reliable Exodus is down for the count.
 This is just plain terrible. Such a fantastic tech shot down like a mad dog in the street............

Really? I've got no issues with any add-ons yet. Just checked most of them. Covenant still works

kodidave

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2017, 02:11:38 am »

Really? I've got no issues with any add-ons yet. Just checked most of them. Covenant still works

Don't try to cheer me up. I have Dr Who season 7 to 11 in my fav all via Covenant none are working and Bennu the update page is empty. I'm just glad I binge watched Stranger Things and finished it about a week ago and Banshee about a month ago.

broknsymetry

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2017, 09:27:44 am »

Don't try to cheer me up. I have Dr Who season 7 to 11 in my fav all via Covenant none are working and Bennu the update page is empty. I'm just glad I binge watched Stranger Things and finished it about a week ago and Banshee about a month ago.

Covenant should continue to work but may deteriorate over time (the "sources" modules require periodic tweaking.)  Bennu, on the hand, had its content dynamically populated via remote xml files and will no longer work since those files are no longer available.

hatrix

• +29/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2017, 09:32:11 am »
ares confirmed gone now and muckyduck. man sad times.

although i will say it really blows my mind how these devs arent a bit more careful with their security.
I mean i've been around a long time and there are tons of torrent, warez, ddl, etc websites that have managed to survive without issue; hell some of them receive daily notices from mpaa. Maybe devs need to start taking pointers from them.

kodidave

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2017, 10:22:08 am »

I blame the youtube idiots bragging about their Kodi and the black box sellers the firestick sideloaders. >:(

broknsymetry

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2017, 11:45:47 am »
Exactly, it's not so much security as it is the popularity of a relatively limited number of apps similar to Covenant.  It wasn't until Napster and Kazaa gained widespread popularity that the RIAA and MPAA went after them and eventually destroyed them.  When their following was very small they drew very little attention; but, since there were just a limited number of these file sharing apps, when they did draw the ire of these corporate behemoths they were easily litigated to death.  The ubiquity of torrent and warez sites make litigation useless -- if you remove one there are a hundred others you must also take down.  Also, it takes talent to produce software so they target the few developers willing to produce these apps.  The fact is that if one takes a very narrow interpretation of the DMCA then these devs do nothing wrong, and, if you take a broad view of it, then even Google and Bing violate the law since Covenant and Google perform essentially the same function.  The difference is, of course, size -- you can't bully Google or Microsoft like you can the devs.

sarah

• +10/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2017, 01:57:38 pm »
The biggest problem is the Url Resolver which was effective in making many addons work.

flhthemi

• +11/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2017, 06:43:38 pm »
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 06:51:16 pm by flhthemi »

TonyH

• +40/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2017, 07:17:37 pm »
The biggest problem is the Url Resolver which was effective in making many addons work.

There are/will be other resolvers out there, not to mention someone forking the original.

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2017, 10:48:08 am »
I understand your view but...If your new TV has a tuner in it, some don't nowadays, you can attach an antenna and get free TV OTA just like when you were a kid. Channel numbers might be different now and there are sub-channels that carry other networks like METV, TV Land and the like. Those that advertise aren't the TV stations, they are companies promoting their products! Like Ford, or medical insurance companies or Loews or any one of a plethora of others. They pay the TV networks which makes the OTA still available for free. Someone has to pay or there wouldn't be ANY OTA TV, which by the way, is mandated by the government! Big money is being lost by these addons being in existence. So the movie and TV industries are willing to spend big money to keep control of it. Not saying who is right or wrong...just sayin' cause it sure sounds like you think you're entitled. :)

Not "entitled" just angry!!! I'm old school and spending a bunch of money for 3 or 4 stations that I may actually watch I don't have a problem with, however paying hundreds of dollars just to get those channels and a bunch I will never watch I do have a problem with. I've always paid my way and will continue to do so! Nothing in life is free but these companies just get greedy and really need to be stopped. Example you sign a 2 year agreement for $89 but after 2 years the price doubles and if you try and cancel you get stuck with all sorts of fees or the companies offering yet another service that you don't need. Been there done that! So screw them!!! just my opinion anything that benefits the people working from check to pay check are always the ones that get screwed!!!

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2017, 11:15:23 am »
One thing I failed to mention if you live in a big city the OTA works just fine. If you live in the country not so well and the only options are cable, satilite or no tv at all. I know several people who have chose to not have tv because of this. FYI these are retried people that live on a fixed income! So before you become so judgemental you should gather facts. ☺️☺️

hatrix

• +29/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2017, 12:39:46 pm »
One thing I failed to mention if you live in a big city the OTA works just fine. If you live in the country not so well and the only options are cable, satilite or no tv at all. I know several people who have chose to not have tv because of this. FYI these are retried people that live on a fixed income! So before you become so judgemental you should gather facts. ☺️☺️
if you need any help or recommendations to still watch everything you need always feel free to shoot me a pm

DS30

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2017, 01:06:26 pm »
Genesis reborn, flixnet, Bob unleashed, nemesis, pyramid, rebirth all not working

egd27

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2017, 01:19:27 pm »
Why donít they just leave kodi , addon developers and people like MYSELF whom canít afford to pay 100$ for basic cable or satellite TV! Itís a blame shame that network channels are considered free, but you have to have basic cable to watch! Then thereís the stupid commercials talking about every drug and itís side effects!  IMO there are more important things for these dumb***** to target instead of wasting money on how to stop people from steaming content! IE: Homelessness, mental health issues and the list goes on and on. Yet they would rather use that money to sue sites and people that are trying to help. Greed is the bottom line here! Do they not understand the developers DO NOT GET PAID for what they do! These companies are so hungry for money that they would spend their last dime to stop itÖ..

You at one point could pay $7.99 for HULU now if you want it without adds its $11.99 and it still contains adds at the start of the show just another way of ripping us off..
Netflix always shows content (movies) that are 4 or 5 years old. $8.99 month and is not updated on a regular basis!!
Letís not forget Amazon and Amazon prime what a rip off! $9.99 Ė 14.99 for movies that have been released on DVD for years but were money makers for the studios Dirty Dancing is just one example.  If you join Amazon prime to have access to what they think is best. Amazon Prime is $99 a year and limited to what they consider popular! To watch an episode of a show that may have aired back in the 90s or earlier they want to charge $1.99 per episode.
Now included in this is YouTube they now have a service called YouTube red if you want to watch tv shows.
So sick of this bull crap!!! Wish they would just stop messing with Kodi and the addons!!
Growing up we had 3 network channels which all we needed was a TV and a set of rabbit ears to watch!!! Those were the good old daysÖÖ

So the people that produce content don't have a right to get paid?
Actors shouldn't be paid?
Camera people, etc. ?

You want the content, you just want it for free?

Awful rant.