KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

This can't be good....

flhthemi

• +22/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: This can't be good....
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2017, 01:36:20 pm »
One thing I failed to mention if you live in a big city the OTA works just fine. If you live in the country not so well and the only options are cable, satilite or no tv at all. I know several people who have chose to not have tv because of this. FYI these are retried people that live on a fixed income! So before you become so judgemental you should gather facts. ☺️☺️

I myself am retired and on a fixed income (I'm 67). I was not being "judgmental". I also live more than 50 miles from MOST TV stations. I still have an old fashioned deep fringe TV antenna on my roof that has been there from the 1980's and it's on a rotor motor. Works for me on my new TVs! Free TV from Winston-Salem and Charlotte.

kodidave

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2017, 01:41:08 pm »
Genesis reborn, flixnet, Bob unleashed, nemesis, pyramid, rebirth all not working

All those have not been working on my rig for several weeks if not months, pyramid, Bob unleashed for months.
I've just used Exoudus and Covenent for quite a while now after the great Bennu died and cCloud was allways off/on for live channels.

DS30

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2017, 01:49:17 pm »
Genesis reborn has been working up until now for me. According to the internets it's supposed to still be up.  So I dunno

DS30

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2017, 01:50:12 pm »
All I know is that as of now my box is bricked unless something starts working

kodidave

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2017, 01:51:27 pm »

You want the content, you just want it for free?

Awful rant.
[/quote]

Excuse me sir, it's called ŗ La Carte that's what people want and are more than willing to pay for it. ::)

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2017, 03:34:37 pm »
Why donít they just leave kodi , addon developers and people like MYSELF whom canít afford to pay 100$ for basic cable or satellite TV! Itís a blame shame that network channels are considered free, but you have to have basic cable to watch! Then thereís the stupid commercials talking about every drug and itís side effects!  IMO there are more important things for these dumb***** to target instead of wasting money on how to stop people from steaming content! IE: Homelessness, mental health issues and the list goes on and on. Yet they would rather use that money to sue sites and people that are trying to help. Greed is the bottom line here! Do they not understand the developers DO NOT GET PAID for what they do! These companies are so hungry for money that they would spend their last dime to stop itÖ..

You at one point could pay $7.99 for HULU now if you want it without adds its $11.99 and it still contains adds at the start of the show just another way of ripping us off..
Netflix always shows content (movies) that are 4 or 5 years old. $8.99 month and is not updated on a regular basis!!
Letís not forget Amazon and Amazon prime what a rip off! $9.99 Ė 14.99 for movies that have been released on DVD for years but were money makers for the studios Dirty Dancing is just one example.  If you join Amazon prime to have access to what they think is best. Amazon Prime is $99 a year and limited to what they consider popular! To watch an episode of a show that may have aired back in the 90s or earlier they want to charge $1.99 per episode.
Now included in this is YouTube they now have a service called YouTube red if you want to watch tv shows.
So sick of this bull crap!!! Wish they would just stop messing with Kodi and the addons!!
Growing up we had 3 network channels which all we needed was a TV and a set of rabbit ears to watch!!! Those were the good old daysÖÖ

So the people that produce content don't have a right to get paid?
Actors shouldn't be paid?
Camera people, etc. ?

Awful rant.

Excuse me, but who the hell are you to judge me? APPARENTLY you are looking for free otherwise you would not be so quick to comment on this post! BTW why the hell are you even in this forum if your are so anti KODI and so much for the big companies winning???

May be an awful rant however I made my point and it seemed to get your attention!

You commented on it!!! Hahahahaha ;D ;D

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2017, 03:36:51 pm »
One thing I failed to mention if you live in a big city the OTA works just fine. If you live in the country not so well and the only options are cable, satilite or no tv at all. I know several people who have chose to not have tv because of this. FYI these are retried people that live on a fixed income! So before you become so judgemental you should gather facts. ☺️☺️
if you need any help or recommendations to still watch everything you need always feel free to shoot me a pm

Thanks hatrix!!!

egd27

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2017, 05:48:39 pm »

Awful rant.

Excuse me sir, it's called ŗ La Carte that's what people want and are more than willing to pay for it. ::)

Movies are "ŗ La Carte", can I therefore assume that you never use a Kodi addon and always use a pay service to watch them?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 05:50:56 pm by egd27 »

itekweni

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2017, 11:59:43 am »
Doom and Gloom using Kodi at the minute I use mainly documentary addons and hope they do not get taken down like all the other good stuff

broknsymetry

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2017, 12:17:12 pm »
If they are official Kodi addons you needn't worry, only "unofficial" addons, and then only those that are under threat of DMCA actions, that are in danger of disappearing.

kodidave

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2017, 04:02:02 pm »
If they are official Kodi addons you needn't worry, only "unofficial" addons, and then only those that are under threat of DMCA actions, that are in danger of disappearing.

I'm down to Exodus & Covenent still running Kodi 16.1 on old dell 1310 laptop w SSD on Linux 14.
What's odd is the original Phoenix was still working utill a few months ago.
Samurai TV Japan is still working and it's from the Bennu International live channels
that were around 1,600 and Samurai TV was close to the bottom of that list.
I only found it as I had the patience to scroll down that long list and it was not in the Japanese TV section.
I'm going to have start binge watching The Expanse.
The Orville is great!
BTW, don't waste time on Star Trek: Discovery, it's HORRIBLE........... :(

broknsymetry

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2017, 01:23:11 pm »
The Orville is great!
BTW, don't waste time on Star Trek: Discovery, it's HORRIBLE........... :(

I agree to both, but I have started STD (funny how that abrev. worked out!) and intend to finish no matter how painful, Star Trek forever!

If you like a lot of foreign iptv try Fluxus.tv links.  I have recently begun watching tv in Danish, Austrian, Japanese, Chinese and many others.  I've added the link into my "Simple Streams" win 10 app,works great. :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 01:25:46 pm by broknsymetry »

kodidave

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2017, 09:54:27 am »

The glut of IMDB 1 star reviews are a fun read.
You must have the consitution of a billy goat..........
I'm watching Dr Who seasons with Jon Pertwee.
His arch enemy "I Am The Master" is such a likable bad guy "you will obey me".