KodiTips Forums

Colossus Repo Down : Now What Possible Solution We Should try ?

kamran

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Colossus Repo Down : Now What Possible Solution We Should try ?
« on: November 16, 2017, 05:07:08 am »
First Exodus and now Colossus Repo with tons of big addons went offline. This is really sad news for kodi user. I have got some useful info for keeping covenant installed.

Check Source Link for all information

Working Kodi Repositories list 2017 Nov 16

First of all, turn off all Auto Updates for your addons because any bad update can break functions of addon. hereís how to do if you donít know :

Setting>System>Addons>Updates>Never

Keep the addons installed on your kodi. Donít worry they will work with same function as before.

flhthemi

• +11/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: Colossus Repo Down : Now What Possible Solution We Should try ?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 12:28:07 pm »
Best thing to do right now is just like the post says turn off auto updates. DO NOT take any updates from anywhere. Just wait for a while and let the dust settle and see how things shake out. One other thing you might want to do is make a direct copy of your kodi folder store it somewhere safe (like a USB stick). This way you can recover exactly what you have at the time you make this copy. If something should slip by you or you just get curious about some new repo you can just delete THE BAD KODI folder and copy your good one back over! ;)

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 12:29:55 pm by flhthemi »

steheh

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 03:24:58 pm »
How do you update your repo, to one of the working repos listed in Kodi 17 (RPi 3)?

Jaded

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 09:58:58 pm »
Best thing to do right now is just like the post says turn off auto updates. DO NOT take any updates from anywhere. Just wait for a while and let the dust settle and see how things shake out. One other thing you might want to do is make a direct copy of your kodi folder store it somewhere safe (like a USB stick). This way you can recover exactly what you have at the time you make this copy. If something should slip by you or you just get curious about some new repo you can just delete THE BAD KODI folder and copy your good one back over! ;)

I don't think you can do that anymore since kodi 17...I tried that before and then again last night.

K4Me

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 08:15:01 am »
I don't think you can do that anymore since kodi 17...I tried that before and then again last night.
What part of the process did not work for you? Copying the folder store is a system function not under control of the app, and restoring it is a similar function. Auto updates can still be turned off globally or per addon.

flhthemi

• +11/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 09:05:04 am »

Well I just copied my Kodi 17.6 folders on 5 Windows machines and one Android tablet. Then I deleted org.xbmc.kodi on the tablet, let Kodi make a new fresh folder, installed a couple of repos to test out and didn't like anything I tried. So I deleted the folder again and copied back my backup and all is working fine..so maybe you did something wrong. I think you need to stop Kodi to make a good copy of the folder. Other than that, should be no problem to copy the entire Kodi folder on any device. You just have to know which one is the right one because different OSs put it in different places. Like if you install Kodi from Windows Store it's different than if you download Kodi and install it from an exe file.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:07:03 am by flhthemi »

DS30

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 01:21:25 pm »
If auto updates are off and the repo is down anyway,  won't new content stop being added?

sarah

• +10/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 02:00:39 pm »
I never liked Kodi and lots of addons which worked for a few days and died!

The best are the .apk's.

broknsymetry

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 02:28:35 pm »
If auto updates are off and the repo is down anyway,  won't new content stop being added?

Aye, but there be dragons lurking.  If an "unfriendly" entity takes possession of the repo then possible malicious or questionable updates could be foisted upon the unwary.

roztom

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 08:43:32 am »
First Exodus and now Colossus Repo with tons of big addons went offline. This is really sad news for kodi user. I have got some useful info for keeping covenant installed.

Check Source Link for all information

Working Kodi Repositories list 2017 Nov 16

First of all, turn off all Auto Updates for your addons because any bad update can break functions of addon. hereís how to do if you donít know :

Setting>System>Addons>Updates>Never

Keep the addons installed on your kodi. Donít worry they will work with same function as before.

Aside from turning off all updates, does update url resolver need to be turned off seperately? Tx

DS30

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 11:37:45 am »
Not just colossus. I can't get any add on to work right now.

flhthemi

• +11/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 02:13:53 pm »
Humm...strange. As of moments ago SALTS, Covenant, Exodus, Genesis Reborn, Golden TV, Specto -...Fork, Strictly HD and Supremacy all worked. Did not try any live sources but TV and Movies played. Supremacy is slow and buggy but did play the items I tried out on it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 02:24:46 pm by flhthemi »

DS30

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 04:06:33 pm »
I haven't tried for a couple hours.  I just rage quit on it. I'll try again

DS30

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 04:14:48 pm »
Sort of working; I get to where I select a stream, but then they don't load. Other times I still can't even get to the links...the season won't load
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 04:19:11 pm by DS30 »

myvictory

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 03:45:50 am »
How can i get fresh covenant on my kodi ?

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2017, 11:24:31 am »
SpinzFlix Kodi Addon:
SpinzFlix is a new Kodi video add-on from Spinz Tv Repository. The main menu includes Movies, TV Shows, Kids, Urban Empire Settings and Search along with many sub sections. It gives the options of using SD or HD links and plays them automatically.

Name: Spinz TV Repo
URL:()http://repo.stvmc.net/
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 11:31:22 am by testertweaking »

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2017, 11:27:30 am »
(here):http://repo.cerebrotv.co.uk

(also here):http://archive.org/download/repository.xvbmc
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 11:30:35 am by testertweaking »

begood

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2017, 08:36:00 am »
(here):http://repo.cerebrotv.co.uk

(also here):http://archive.org/download/repository.xvbmc

Is this repo working ?

flhthemi

• +11/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2017, 08:58:48 am »
It appears to be working. I installed the repo then an addon from it. But...I wouldn't trust it. Only because I've not heard of it and because it's showing an update for Covenant...someone else might know if it's OK.