KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

error couldn't retrieve directory information. Can't add add ons

Becca

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
I have tried to add http:// mediarepos.net/ kodistuff and many other addresses and I get a error message  couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to network not connected. I have rebooted my fire stick, connection is fine, uninstalled and reinstalled kodi several times. The addresses are correctly typed no extra spaces. I had Kodi 17.4 on my tv and it was working fine then I updated and that's when all the problems started. As of now I have put 17.4 back on my tv and it isn't working either. I have watched all the fix this problem videos on you tube and tried them and none have worked. Please help. I have a Amazon Fire stick and added Downloader to add kodi. This worked the first time. Please help I am now at a loss. Thank you

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: error couldn't retrieve directory information. Can't add add ons
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 10:04:51 am »
You must live under a rock! :)

That repo and many others are GONE due to a big crack down on 3rd party Kodi addons. Right now you won't find much out there.

Read this: http://koditips.com/colossus-repo-gone-urlresolver-offline/

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:07:28 am by flhthemi »

Becca

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: error couldn't retrieve directory information. Can't add add ons
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 06:40:49 pm »
I guess I Do live under a rock. Saw the kodi install video on you be and thought I would try it since I can't afford cable. Lol didn't know about all this. Thanks for sharing the link and setting me straight. Didn't know I was stealing anything from anyone. Have a great day.