KodiTips Forums

zero cashe

sdw75

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
zero cashe
« on: November 22, 2017, 04:04:12 pm »
 I'm trying to enable zero cashe on one of boxes is there way of doing it ? 

ute

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: zero cashe
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 07:55:07 pm »
If you really want to use zero cache, you just have to do it manually. Find your userdata folder and in that folder create a new file called "advancedsettings.xml" then edit that new file and paste the following into it.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<memorysize>0</memorysize>
</cache>
</advancedsettings>

This for Jarvis

This now is for Krypton ..... Thanks to RLBL for this

<advancedsettings>
<cache>
<memorysize>0</memorysize>
<readfactor>4.0</readfactor>
</cache>
</advancedsettings>

* The read factor above is default... you can increase this if you want your cache/HDD to fill faster. Please be aware that ZERO CACHE is not advised as your drive will wear out faster, and if you have a small drive without much space, trying to play a larger file could hose Kodi.

If you are having buffering issues, you may simply wish to try a reasonable cache size and seriously increase the readfactor. I was testing this setup on my PC and it works fine (the cache fills up quick then I can see the download match what I am reading... kinda like someone filling up your mug of beer really fast, and then topping you up every time you take a sip):

133MB cache size (Kodi will try and use 3x that = 400MB so adjust as required). I have 4-5GB free, but I do not need to use it all... it is overkill.

<advancedsettings>
<cache>
<memorysize>139460608</memorysize>
<readfactor>40.0</readfactor>
</cache>
</advancedsettings>

I am guessing this kind of setup will help, and save your HDD. If you take as an example a 1GB file, you can buffer as much as 400MB (so I assume because that is what Kodi tries to grab in theory) before your stream will stop coming in, but as you watch it you will continually get topped up (I was observing this on my router's bandwidth monitor - my download sped was around 40Mb/s for a while then it completely stopped. I then started to watch and I could see it bounce from 2-8Mb/s as I was playing the stream)

Tuxens
<!-- tuxen -->
<advancedsettings>
    <network>
        <curlclienttimeout>45</curlclienttimeout>
    </network>
    <gui>   
        <algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
        <nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
    </gui>
    <videoscanner>
        <ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
    </videoscanner>
</advancedsettings>

sdw75

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: zero cashe
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 09:43:49 pm »
Thanks I'm actually looking for a maintenance program that will do it I use to ares wizard but there shut down now.