KodiTips Forums

Are some Covenant TV show providers intentionally substituting bogus episodes

PeterPan

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
We were using Covenent to keep up with a few TV shows, namely the latest season of One Upon a Time" and the new Star Trek Discovery. About a month ago we noticed that despite finding latest episodes within  a week of being televised, the latest episodes from ANY provider with 720p or higher content were actually sending us the first episode of the season. This continued week after week. At the same time, just about any providers "SD" episodes were indeed current. I have a feeling the providers, who normally make their money from people going directly to their websites, are intentionally substituting these less desirable (past) episodes from users. perhaps they remember our IP addresses, which though dynamic actually seldom change. Usually I can go to any of the "openload" SD providers, go to their website to "pair" (which means I'll see some of their ads), and all will work find. And for most TV shows, SD isn't really so terrible. But it is a recent occurrence... no truly LATEST episodes of anything 720p or better. Anyone else finding this?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 06:07:10 pm by PeterPan »

broknsymetry

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
I'm watching "The Shannara Chronicles" season 2 finale right now on a non-paired source in 720p.  I have not had any of the issues that you describe.  I am unable to watch GVideo/CDN sources regardless of resolution.  Sometimes the resolution is reported incorrectly even with Openload as 1080p or 720p when it is actually SD (720x404).  In the old days of filesharing with Kazaa the RIAA/MPAA often would distribute the wrong files.  They even became creative by starting the media out with the correct audio/video and then switch it.  I don't put them and the TV industry counterpart above doing this once again and in fact I've wondered what is taking them so long.

P.S. I use NoScript and UBlock Origin so I don't have to put up with the ads.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 10:43:10 pm by broknsymetry »

PeterPan

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
I'm watching "The Shannara Chronicles" season 2 finale right now on a non-paired source in 720p.  I have not had any of the issues that you describe. 

Well good to know its not a universal problem. But I'm growing more suspicions about the providers. What I described happened with every "found" provider of the 720 content, which means SOMEONE likely got credit for sending them all bogus episodes. If I knew a way to figure out the actual URL to some of these providers, I might take the time to at least use their contact forms to let them know.

RCCS

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
We were using Covenent to keep up with a few TV shows, namely the latest season of One Upon a Time" and the new Star Trek Discovery. About a month ago we noticed that despite finding latest episodes within  a week of being televised, the latest episodes from ANY provider with 720p or higher content were actually sending us the first episode of the season. This continued week after week. At the same time, just about any providers "SD" episodes were indeed current. I have a feeling the providers, who normally make their money from people going directly to their websites, are intentionally substituting these less desirable (past) episodes from users. perhaps they remember our IP addresses, which though dynamic actually seldom change. Usually I can go to any of the "openload" SD providers, go to their website to "pair" (which means I'll see some of their ads), and all will work find. And for most TV shows, SD isn't really so terrible. But it is a recent occurrence... no truly LATEST episodes of anything 720p or better. Anyone else finding this?

Hey Peter Pan, we had this same issue last night with Life in Pieces.  First of all my Covenant hasn't worked all week..no streams and no providers.  Finally found some providers for the latest episode of this show and it linked to the first episode of the season.

ANyone else having major covenant issues?

flhthemi

• +11/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
No problem here...Star Trek: Discovery S01E09.

Have you updated URLresolver to V4.0.15?

RCCS

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Thanks for trying.  Yes I am updated.  But a question about URL Resolvers...i understand that you can update them from a number of sources.  Are they all created the same?  Is one better than others?

Thanks

flhthemi

• +11/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
I really can't tell you, I just don't know. I only accept updates for it from the TVA repo (xbmchub repo). I would say if it's NOT a version in the 4.X.X series, leave it alone as there is one that you could accidently get from the kodi repo which is in the V2.X series.

Saw that pop up when I updated on one of my machines the other day. I also set my automatic update settings to OFF and make updates manually so I can control what I get.