KodiTips Forums

BBC iPlayer

Bombardier

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
BBC iPlayer
« on: June 24, 2017, 06:56:09 am »
Curious thing. On one device I have older Kodi installed and I can watch videos on this addon by using proxy, but on other device I have newest Kodi Krypton 17 and can't watch any video. I try changing proxies (there are 3 to choose) but nothing. With some I get no providers while others give providers but when I click on them I just get error message or nothing at all.

rec45

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: BBC iPlayer
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 08:38:39 am »
Curious thing. On one device I have older Kodi installed and I can watch videos on this addon by using proxy, but on other device I have newest Kodi Krypton 17 and can't watch any video. I try changing proxies (there are 3 to choose) but nothing. With some I get no providers while others give providers but when I click on them I just get error message or nothing at all.

Proxy or not BBC i player .... addon =catchup4kodi    ver. 0.3.7   try with noobsandnerds too

pops

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 02:22:07 pm »
I can watch iPlayer shows on my PC. 
If you are not in UK, then you need a VPN.
iPlayer now requires a log in.  Cheers.

Buzz Marshall

• +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 07:53:02 pm »
ya... i find iplayer has really been up and down alot lately and depending on which repo you get it from some channels seem to work and some not so good...

ive used NordVPN for years and its always worked great but it seems one by one the uk is picking off the access points and from a networking point it would appear the UK is starting to clamp down on some known Vpn access points... Spoofing someone's ip i know in the UK seems to work but thats to much work just to get a Corrie Stream...

Bombardier

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 03:53:26 pm »
Proxy or not BBC i player .... addon =catchup4kodi    ver. 0.3.7   try with noobsandnerds too

Yeah I'm using that one, altough on the device I have Kodi 16 I originally installed it using superrepo but then upgraded it with noobsandnerds while on the device with Kodi 17 I first installed it with noobsandnerds.

If you are not in UK, then you need a VPN.
iPlayer now requires a log in.  Cheers.

Like I said I watch it with no problem using proxies in the program and it doesn't ask me to log in. Maybe you're talking about different iPlayer because there are two one is called something like wwwiPlayer and that is "official" one but the one I'm using used to be official but was taken over by people who wanted to make it work for viewers outside UK.

Buzz Marshall

• +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 05:42:17 pm »
ya... the www.iplayer one was a diferent dev that has nothing to do with the official bbc one... it was just designed to pull the same streams as the official one...

what works for me in older kodi 16 builds definately doesn't work for me on any of my 17 or 18 builds... 17 and 18 require the inputstream.adaptive to be proper which i think means its version needs to be specific to the player version where as 16 didnt use it...

the official BBC-iplayer is now doing geo-blocking and some vpns either only work for a short period of time or not at all...

the www-iplayer version from noobs seems to work on kodi 16 but for me not on any of my 17.1-17.4 version nor any of my 18 versions... ive always compiled my own kodi versions since the olds and stopped wasting my time trying to nail down the actual problem for now but from what some other devs have said to me the conversion over to inputstream.adaptive may have something to do with it...

when i get time i will go back and revisit the issue but for now i am tied down with newer kernel developement for the aarch64 boxes...

please post any answer you may come across in the mean time... thanx...

Deggsy56

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 10:51:03 am »
From this month BBC iplayer will only be accessible if u have a TV licence. The official all is however in play store. Outside UK will not be accessible.

sarah

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 06:12:38 pm »
From this month BBC iplayer will only be accessible if u have a TV licence. The official all is however in play store. Outside UK will not be accessible.

Will it be accessible if one installs a Vpn?

Bombardier

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 07:09:18 pm »

And yet I can still watch it on Kodi 16 with no problems, while on Kodi 17 I can't.