KodiTips Forums

SALTS URL error

D@Cod3r

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
SALTS URL error
« on: June 24, 2017, 04:27:28 pm »
I installed the Smash repo and installed SALTS. When I launch it I receive a error. No URL associated with the hostname.
I received the same error when trying to install SALTS earlier today.

Has anyone seen this before?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 04:29:09 pm by D@Cod3r »

curtyman11

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: SALTS URL error
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 11:22:51 pm »
I'm getting the same error as well, I had to install through the Ares Wizard just to get it to download, but can't open the add on now.

RodgerB

• +14/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 01:52:11 pm »
Get Salts in the Kdil repo....http://kdil.co/repo

Leviathan

• +6/-3
  • Mysterious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 02:03:59 pm »
I installed the Smash repo and installed SALTS. When I launch it I receive a error. No URL associated with the hostname.

basic HTTP error for host not available or unreachable.

It's likely the plugin is trying to download a resource from a url/repo location that is not responding or dead.

a common occurance recently with plugins jumping ships quicker than pirates.

...pardon the pun.

D@Cod3r

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 03:03:48 pm »

It's likely the plugin is trying to download a resource from a url/repo location that is not responding or dead.

...pardon the pun.

Thanks for the reply Leviathan, but I don't think the URL/repo is dead because it's Smash repo. It was online when I was installing SALTS, for some reason I've always had issues with SALTS, even when it was part of TVA. It would freeze my box, crash Kodi. All kinds of problems with it, never had any problems with any other Addons except SALTS 🤔

Leviathan

• +6/-3
  • Mysterious
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 05:16:10 pm »

...pardon the pun.

Thanks for the reply Leviathan, but I don't think the URL/repo is dead because it's Smash repo. It was online when I was installing SALTS, for some reason I've always had issues with SALTS, even when it was part of TVA. It would freeze my box, crash Kodi. All kinds of problems with it, never had any problems with any other Addons except SALTS 🤔

if by smash you mean http://mediarepos.net/kodistuff then it's been down on me more times then my g/f , and currently has the message...

if cant install its cause of dns and switching to vps keep trying.zip

D@Cod3r

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 05:30:58 pm »
Thanks Leviathan, you seem very knowledgeable reading scripts and code. I am more on the analyst side of IT, started out in hardware, but I will probably be going to programming side since my job is asking for it.

Thanks again and I'll keep trying 😤

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 03:18:24 pm »

...pardon the pun.

I have always had problems installing SALTS!!
Someone @ TVA messaged me steps on how to install and config the Beta version which worked fine until all this mess started happening. I now no longer have SALTS and have tried to install from several sources and get the same error message.....

pops

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 02:27:41 pm »
I gave this a spin and got SALTS working.
see http://kdil.co/repo
As a nubi I can't say this is the best repo.

Noor666

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 03:40:27 pm »
I gave this a spin and got SALTS working.
see http://kdil.co/repo
As a nubi I can't say this is the best repo.

Seems as Pops is on to something.  This fixed it for me too. Great share pops

D@Cod3r

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 04:29:07 pm »
I was able to install SALTS on my brother in laws kodi box from that URL yesterday without any issues, but tried again on mine and received the same error I've been receiving all along. I came to the conclusion that it wasn't meant to be and there's a lot more Addons to use 🤗

Thanks for the suggestion pops

EdT

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 09:58:05 pm »
I have SALTS 2.0.200 installed on both Kodi 16.1 and 17.3.  Works without problems on 16.1, but on 17.3 I get the "Stream All the Sources error - Check the log for more information" message.  Tried uninstalling and re-installing the add-on from both Smash and Kdil repos with the same issue. I hate mysteries like this !

Update:  Issue fixed
Look for the script.module.image_cache folder in Kodi with ES Explorer and delete that folder. Open Kodi and SALTS should work now.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 10:32:17 pm by EdT »

curtyman11

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 10:19:50 pm »
It seems to be an issue with the tmdb image cache. If its been previously installed or when trying to install it on version 2.0.196 or later it brings up the URL open error message. The only way I've found to fix it is to completely wipe all data on kodi, uninstall and reinstall then start fresh. Do not install the tmdb image cache within the addon, I learned this the hard way and had to wipe and restart twice in the same day.

EdT

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2017, 10:35:07 pm »
It seems to be an issue with the tmdb image cache. If its been previously installed or when trying to install it on version 2.0.196 or later it brings up the URL open error message. The only way I've found to fix it is to completely wipe all data on kodi, uninstall and reinstall then start fresh. Do not install the tmdb image cache within the addon, I learned this the hard way and had to wipe and restart twice in the same day.

You were on the right track, but it would save a lot of work if you can find the script.module.image_cache folder and delete only that folder.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 10:36:40 pm by EdT »

curtyman11

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2017, 10:42:06 pm »

You were on the right track, but it would save a lot of work if you can find the script.module.image_cache folder and delete only that folder.

I had tried that first, plus deleted all other salts related folders and it did not fix. Thankfully I've set up kodi so many times I can get all my addons up and running in under half hour. I only use 4-5.

EdT

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2017, 11:01:23 pm »
Install the addon usb-sd_card_wizard and back-up your build once everything is working.
Takes less than 5 minutes for all the addons to install on a fresh Kodi install.