KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Lack of sources in Exodus, and forks Covenant, Neptune Rising, and Rebirth?

I have happily been using Covenant with free and Real Debrid sources since Exodus was shut down some months ago, but in the last week or so, although I can still watch most major TV shows, like say the Walking Dead, a lot of the US late night shows have stopped working - and that is just what I have noticed so far.

For instance, some shows which would always have many sources before, and that I have just tested and have zero:

Tonight with Jimmy Fallon 5x43
Late Late Show with James Corden 3x48
Late show with Stephen Colbert 3x54
Daily Show 23x32
Conan 8x14
Jimmy Kimmel Live 15x160

Exodus (Installed 4.1.07 from tknorris repo)
Covenant (Installed from XvBMC repo)
Neptune Rising
Rebirth

Are you able to play these episodes using your Exodus fork?
Is there an Exodus version or fork somewhere which would restore the old sources?

I am happy to use any addon with Exodus functionality, especially Trakt mimicking library integration, and working ignore sources with captchas (Some have this option but it does not work).

RCCS

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
I have the same issue.  Used covenant and exodus for every show with no issues until last week.  All of a sudden shows had no sources.  Every now and then I will get a show to play but it buffers non stop, totally unwatchable.

Is his all because they are cracking down on providers?  Itís funny how some users donít have any issues with covenant and others do.  Any ideas?

I will try the Fantastic add on to see if it works.

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
I don't know about Neptune Rising or Rebirth but Exodus and Covenant use URLResolver. The latest version I think is V4.0.15. If you're still using an earlier version this could be your issue. I just got 45 1080 sources for the movie Logan Lucky but I have the latest version of URLResolver. I know there is now an issue of either one pulling lists from IMDB. Something at IMDB may have changed, I don't know. But as time goes on these two addons WILL fail. Best start looking for a replacement.

TopekaRoy

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
I've had good luck with Poseiden and now Neptune Rising but there is a known issue that should be fixed in a coming update. often when you click on the link it doesn't return all the sources the first time, but if you back out and click it again you get about twice as many links as you did the first time. It's not an issue with with the time out setting. Some sources just don't show up the first time.

I've also found that S.A.L.T.S. or Death Streams finds sources that don't show up in any of the other Exodus type clones, like more obscure movies and episodes of Dr. Who from the early 70s, for example, but they have a lot more dead links so you have to try and remember which ones have worked for you in the past.

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
In SALTS and many other addons, you can disable the sites that are not returning good links or fail at getting any links. SALTS will report the ones it hangs on if you watch the progress bar you can catch them so you know which ones to disable. It will speed things up.

Search the kodi.log for "timeouts:" if you can't see all the ones that do display in the SALTS progress bar. Then disable them in SALTS settings. Disable all the ones tossing errors in the log too. The line in the log will look similar to this:

Code: [Select]
08:58:48.545 T:3600 WARNING: Stream All The Sources: Error (HTTP Error 522: Origin Connection Time-out) during scraper http get: https://fmovie.co/results?q=Just+Getting+Started

fmovie.co doesn't exist any longer. I think it's now fmovie.se This can be edited in the scraper settings in SALTS. Don't know if editing it will help but worth a try.

Very surprised SALTS still works as well as it does (and glad that it does still work).

« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 09:35:01 am by flhthemi »

bor15

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Hey TopekaRoy,

have you authorised trakt in Neptune rising? ... i cant seem to get it to pop up and allow auth

TopekaRoy

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
Hey TopekaRoy,

have you authorised trakt in Neptune rising? ... i cant seem to get it to pop up and allow auth
It worked fine for me the first time I tried a couple of weeks ago. Make sure you have the latest version 1.2.1 from the blamo.teverz repo (NOT LookingGlass repo). If you've done that try tweeting Mr. Blamo directly and see if he can help. His twitter handle is @MRBlamoforkodi.

bor15

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
thanks TopekaRoy ... will tweet him as i have 1.2.2 from Blamo

TopekaRoy

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
thanks TopekaRoy ... will tweet him as i have 1.2.2 from Blamo
1.2.2? The latest version I have from blamo.tevers.com is 1.2.1 and I just now checked for updates. hat migh be your problem. Where did you get it from. See if you can find 1.2.1 and roll it back. That should work.

bor15

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
i just checked and the url is correct and if i go to NR info and update, it says Blamo repo v 1.2.2.

update your repo and see if 1.2.2 will show up. not saying to update to it, just check

TopekaRoy

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Lack of sources in Exodus, and forks Covenant, Neptune Rising, and Rebirth?
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 02:33:28 pm »
i just checked and the url is correct and if i go to NR info and update, it says Blamo repo v 1.2.2.

update your repo and see if 1.2.2 will show up. not saying to update to it, just check
Now I'm even more baffled ... I checked for updates again (on my android box) and I STILL had repo ver 0.0.1 and only Neptune Rising ver 1.2.1. So, on a hunch, I installed the repo on my windows laptop. I even double checked the url, because I wasn't sure if "teverz" was spelled with a "z" or an "s." To my surprise the same url installed repo ver 0.0.2. I then installed Neptune Rising and it was indeed ver 1.2.2.

Why couldn't I update on my box when I checked for updates? I uninstalled the repo 0.0.1 and reinstalled it and there was ver 0.0.2! It auto updated Neptune to 1.2.2 and all is well.

Then I went back to my laptop to activate trakt, pulling up the activation page on my box. Entered the code and it was activated almost instantly. Checked the addon. It showed my TV shows and they play just fine.

So, thank you for helping me keep my Kodi up to date. Unfortunately, I still have no idea why you can't authorize trakt. Did you tweet MRBlamo and if so what was his reply?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 02:35:23 pm by TopekaRoy »

bor15

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
TRAKT auth problems for Neptune in Leia kodi 18
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 08:12:37 pm »
Hey TopekaRoy,

Apologies and clarification.

I was using the nightly 64bit windows Leia. Neptune being a fork of exodus/covenant seems to suffer from the Trakt auth problem (kodi 18). In covenant, there is a special Auth trakt for leia link in the settings. I went back to my 17.6 build that i run along side 18 and all authed correctly in 1.2.2.

TopekaRoy

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2017, 01:02:05 am »
I see. Kodi 18 is not ready for release, yet. Other than the authorization problem, what do you think of it so far?

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
Re: TRAKT auth problems for Neptune in Leia kodi 18
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2017, 09:01:39 am »
Hey TopekaRoy,

Apologies and clarification.

I was using the nightly 64bit windows Leia. Neptune being a fork of exodus/covenant seems to suffer from the Trakt auth problem (kodi 18). In covenant, there is a special Auth trakt for leia link in the settings. I went back to my 17.6 build that i run along side 18 and all authed correctly in 1.2.2.

For trakt authorization in Neptune with Kodi 18 I just copied and pasted the info from the V17.6 Neptune settings.xml file into the one for Kodi 18. Bam! Trakt lists!

bor15

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2017, 06:43:02 pm »
TopekaRoy,

would def look into it. way quicker than 17.6 but remember i am using th e64bit ver only on my windows 10 unit. As for android and mac i have no first hand experience..

flhthemi,

thats great to know. I will have a crack when i get home and have time.

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2017, 09:56:15 am »
The lines you need to edit are at the bottom of the settings.xml file. Should look like this when you're done editing:

Code: [Select]
    <setting id="tm.user">60d221ddc0292274e877199912b00000</setting>
    <setting id="trakt.refresh">515f4ef7384869ee18c6b6839dac793f4764f2cb084db54954be5b00000000000</setting>
    <setting id="trakt.token">faa75f50a18dc3d4b84874000000000033c757a6256c2ca19efbf00816331340</setting>
    <setting id="trakt.user">your_user_name</setting>

*API keys here are not real keys! Get them from a V17.X install of Kodi