KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Exodus/covenant not many sources

abrook1308

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Exodus/covenant not many sources
« on: December 12, 2017, 04:34:41 pm »
Hi ive had my Amazon firestick for about 5 month and for the first 2-3 month it worked great with exodus maybe 20-30 sources all playing fine no buffering etc but then recently its started playing up no streams available buffering the lot so i decided to download covenant and thats the same (if not worse) so i thought it must be that i need a vpn so ive signed up for ipvanish but still have the problem with maybe 5-8 sources only 1-2 (if any) works could you please help ive googled it but no luck ive cleared cache/providers loads btw lol thanks in advance

PayPerView

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Exodus/covenant not many sources
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 06:30:51 pm »
I have the same issue. Exodus use to pull up well over 100 servers when I would search a show and now I'm lucky if I get 5 to 12 servers. Like you, I'm lucky if any of them play and those that do buffer so bad they're unwatchable. The only thing I can think of is a bunch of servers shut down (or got shut down) leaving a hand full of servers. The remaining servers are so over loaded by users that they either won't play or excessively buffer. I have searched around and cannot find any word of servers being shut down so I don't know. I heard Ares and some others got shut down a little while back so who knows......

PayPerView

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 12:35:43 pm »
Ok, so last night (well really this morning) at around 1:00am I fired up Exodus and searched Family Guy (I love that show don't judge me). I pulled up the latest episode and I got 248 servers. I played the episode from one of the servers I selected randomly and it played flawlessly; no buffering at all. I then search Big Bang Theory and pulled up the latest episode and I got 332 servers. Again, no problems in playback; it was an awesome viewing experience.

This morning (still the same day technically) at around 8:00am I fired up Exodus and searched Family Guy and pulled up the same episode and only got 5 servers. I backed out and came back in because sometimes you can get more servers by doing a second server search but no, I still only got 5 servers. I tried to play the episode and only one of the 5 servers would even try to play and that server buffered continuously. I gave up and search Big Bang Theory again and pulled the same episode from earlier and only got 22 servers. I didn't bother trying to play it, I just shut the system down and went back to bed.

My theory is that since these servers are off shore (I'm in the US) they are up during what is "their" day time (my night time) and have their computers turned on serving. when they go to bed at night (which is now my day time) they are turning their computers off and not serving leaving an extremely few amount of servers that stay on 24/7. Due to the amount of traffic out there the few remaining servers are getting over loaded and can't serve properly.

With the crack down on these addons and servers I figure they may be shutting down at night (their night time) to help not draw so much attention to them by lowering their bandwidth.

This is all theory and I have nothing to back this up, but so far this is all I can come up with.

adaric

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 01:37:32 pm »
When that happens to me and I can't find a working source, I just use a different addon, like Elysium or Streamhub or Spinzflix, although with Spinzflix it only lists quality and once you select it, it starts playing.   FYI, sometimes I will select a source and the movie or tv show will not play and if I select the same source again, it will play.