KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Search results in Covenant different between different devices

jeck11

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Search results in Covenant different between different devices
« on: December 15, 2017, 09:08:51 am »
Hello everyone,

I'm just trying to learn more about how the process works when you click on a movie/show in Covenant. Currently I have Kodi + Covenant setup on multiple devices. When I click on the same title, the stream results vary wildly between the different devices. I used the same repo and configuration steps to set them all up. I'm also using RD on all of them. Anyone know why I would be getting very few results on one but great results on another?

Device listing:
S8
FTV2
Fire HD8
Windows 10

teltuff

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Search results in Covenant different between different devices
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 01:48:23 pm »
Hi,

You may want to look at http://forums.koditips.com/index.php?topic=892.0 posted when I noticed this behaviour of Covenant on three Windows 8.1 computers set up identically on my home network.

One of the reponses in the thread from Buzz Marshall postulated on the effect of network routes and timings and allocation of resources by the operating system on the different devices effecting the search results in Covenant. Since the last post in this thread I have tried to address these points.

My home network is not ideal with my devices contected to my router via "daisy chained" passive switches. To try to equalise any timing differences between the 3 devices on my local network I temporarily converted to a wireless network so each device connected directly to the router. This had no effect on the search results found on each device, Computer 1 always finding more streams than Computer 2 and Computer 3 always finding the least number of streams.

To look into the allocation of resources by the operating system, after restoring my home network to its original wired configuration, I installed Windows 10 on Computer 3 (always the least successfull at finding streams). After installing Kodi and addons on Computer 3 it would now find at least as many streams as Computer 1 using Covenant. So giving weight to Buzz Marshall's argument of resource allocation by the operating system.

Do you use any other addons apart from Covenant ? Maybe they would give more even search results on your devices ? I found that Elysium and Deathstreams found the same number of streams on all 3 of my computers when the Covenant results varied.

In light of Covenant no longer being maintained (as it would appear) you could be better off using a different addon.

Leviathan

• +6/-3
  • Mysterious
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 11:12:31 pm »

If you used all these devices on same network then real debrid servers would go into load balance mode and give different priorities to some requests while ignoring others or allowing timeouts, or the original host would do similar and outcomes would be sporadic.

TopekaRoy

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 10:00:09 pm »
I've also found on many of these types of add-ons, just backing out and searching again will list more sources (sometimes many more), even though it/they made it through all the aggregaters without "timing out" the first time. I'm not sure why.