KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Kodi wont update

amateur56

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Kodi wont update
« on: December 17, 2017, 01:54:19 pm »
Hi

I've tried updating kodi from 15.* to the latest ver 17.6 I think it is (had it off for a bit so never been updated since)

It downloads the update then tries to install but always fails to install it, Ive updated before ok, any ideas as to how to get iot back to normal as most of the addons are now incompatible.  :-[

I'm a noob so affraid to do anything for now.

Thanks
Richard

flhthemi

• +18/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: Kodi wont update
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 05:23:42 pm »
It would help to know what you are installing it on.

PC
Android
  what box brand and model
  version of Android
Kodi 17.x needs at least Android V5. or better

amateur56

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 09:45:36 am »
It would help to know what you are installing it on.

PC
Android
  what box brand and model
  version of Android
Kodi 17.x needs at least Android V5. or better

Ah sorry here it is .....
(I have win 7 but its not installed on there just the box)
Kodi 15.2
M8S+ - Android 5.1.1

It downloads
Then asks if I want  new or all and Ive tried both
and both says
installing with moving bar at top then
X App not installed.

So still on 15.2 and most dont work?

When it tries to load CerebroTv
it says  "sorry SPMC encountered a problem and had to close"
then I send in a report

Ran APK Installer  still no good.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 09:55:22 am by amateur56 »

flhthemi

• +18/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 09:33:44 am »
Sounds to me like you have SPMC installed on your box. SPMC is a fork/version of Kodi, that is for Android devices. If it is SPMC then you need to download the latest version of SPMC which appears to still be Jarvis not up to Kodi version 17.X Krypton yet.

http://spmc.semperpax.com/

You can install Kodi 17. It should install with SPMC still on your box. The link below is for the ARMV7 32 bit version which I think should install on your box. I would suggest you check with the support site for the box and make sure you have the latest firmware installed first. Or you can just try to get SPMC updated. Might require you to download it from the site linked above and then install it. It might also need to be uninstalled, your current version, and then install SPMC fresh. It might even be that you need to factory reset your m8s+, that's a last resort.

https://kodi.tv/download-thanks?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmirrors.kodi.tv%2Freleases%2Fandroid%2Farm%2Fkodi-17.6-Krypton-armeabi-v7a.apk

I'm really not up on Android any longer as I tossed all my Android boxes in the trash and switched to Windows based Zotac Zboxes because I just plain old don't like Android....but that's just ME. I know how to use Windows as I've been at it since Windows 3.0 and before that MS DOS. All Android, Linux and openelec ever did for me was raise my frustration level. Not saying these are BAD OSs, I just don't have the time left in my life or the desire to learn a new OS and how to use it effectively. Since switching I have a lot less issues with Kodi. My OPINION is that the Kodi developers really don't like Android as these boxes are what has given Kodi a bad name due to the cheaper boxes and the sellers loading them up with addons, builds and who knows what else, and selling them to unsuspecting new Kodi users. Pretty much think this is why Koying left Kodi and now supports his fork, SPMC.

So I wish you luck and I'm not being sarcastic. I do hope you get it going but it won't be easy.