KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Exodus and Covenant links to TV networks not working

figure2

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Exodus and Covenant links to TV networks not working
« on: December 26, 2017, 02:29:09 pm »
Greetings, I began to experience a problem with the links to the TV networks in Exodus yesterday (12/25). I ended up deleting Exodus and installed Covenant and found the same problem. I also had Specto installed and the same problem carried over to that app.

I can get into the list of TV networks but clicking on any of the choices in the list has no effect. On one attempt I saw an error message "No stream."

I can still use the search and many of the other methods to get to the content. It's only the TV network links that is experiencing a problem.

Is this something I can fix on my end or is this a problem with the app?

Re: Exodus and Covenant links to TV networks not working
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 03:43:19 pm »
I guess it's not just me. I had the exact same issues as you with Exodus and Covenant and also with Elysium and Gurzil (I think it's spelled like that) too.

I tried everything, so since it's not just me, I'm thinking it's likely an issue with the add-on or a hosting provider or something... Now in my experience I was able to access networks I had already viewed. Unfortunately I lost that ability upon setting up Kodi from scratch to try and fix the issue.

I recommend you wait and see at this point, but maybe somebody else will have a solution.

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 08:12:55 pm »
You might try updating URLResolver, latest version at the present is 4.0.16.

figure2

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 07:44:31 am »
Thanks. I will give URLResolver a try.

figure2

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 12:58:06 pm »
According to this page, I am running the most current version of URLResolver.

Looks like all the video apps are suffering from the same glitch.

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 08:45:34 pm »
After re-reading the OP, I understand your problem a little better.  Networks is a function of Covenant that I've not used before (looks kinda useful though).  After selecting a network the busy cursor appears but then no shows appear.  After checking the kodi log I see that Covenant is scraping the tvmaze.com website but fails.  The website is up and after entering the same url in a browser it does list that network's shows.  My best guess is that tvmaze.com has changed something in the way the page is presented and the scrapers have not yet caught up with those changes.  I'll try to check into this more, but reverse engineering the code for Covenant takes time.  Things like this will get worse over time for all addons that are no longer being updated.  Is Specto being updated?  I have it installed but rarely use it directly.  For all addons that are updated and have this function you should put in a bug report on their GitHub page.

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 10:33:55 pm »
It is what I thought, tvmaze changed their web page.

Solution for Covenant (and others, but may not match exactly) assuming on a Windows machine:

• open C:\Users\[your user name here]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.covenant\lib\resources\lib\indexers in Windows Explorer.
  • open the file tvshows.py using Notepad++ (or equivalent)
  • go to line 707 (or there about) or search for "def tvmaze_list"
  • somewhere below that you will see the line "items = client.parseDOM(result, 'li')"
  • change that line (or comment out and add) to "items = client.parseDOM(result, 'article', attrs = {'class': 'card grid-x'})"
  • save and exit
  • delete the file tvshows.pyo (note the "o" on the end) if it exists
  • clear the Covenant cache
  • enjoy! :)

New code should look like this:

Code: [Select]
def tvmaze_list(self, url):
        try:
            result = client.request(url)
            result = client.parseDOM(result, 'section', attrs = {'id': 'this-seasons-shows'})

#items = client.parseDOM(result, 'li') #commented out 27/12/2017 by me.
            items = client.parseDOM(result, 'article', attrs = {'class': 'card grid-x'}) #added 27/12/2017 by me.
            items = [client.parseDOM(i, 'a', ret='href') for i in items]
            items = [i[0] for i in items if len(i) > 0]
            items = [re.findall('/(\d+)/', i) for i in items]
            items = items[:50]
        except:
            return

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 11:39:24 pm »
Specto (and probably Exodus) can be modified the same way just browse the addons\plugin.video.specto folder)

You can also add networks by following the pattern in the "networks" function, get the url from tvmaze.com and find a logo somewhere.  I added Discovery Science and Hulu.

figure2

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 06:27:38 pm »
Thanks! This worked.

I am on a Mac but was still able to find the file.

For other Mac users, the path to the "tvshows.py" file is: from the Finder, hold down the "Option" key and click the "Go" menu (Library folder is normally hidden). Follow this path: "Go-->Library-->Application Support-->Kodi-->addons-->script.module.covenant-->lib-->resources-->lib-->indexers-->tvshows.py".

The code to be changed is exactly al line 707. I would recommend a code editor like Brackets to edit the file. The TextEdit app can sometimes convert straight quotes to curly quotes which can cause errors.

Jodee929

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 06:49:54 pm »
Greetings, I began to experience a problem with the links to the TV networks in Exodus yesterday (12/25). I ended up deleting Exodus and installed Covenant and found the same problem. I also had Specto installed and the same problem carried over to that app.

I can get into the list of TV networks but clicking on any of the choices in the list has no effect. On one attempt I saw an error message "No stream."

I can still use the search and many of the other methods to get to the content. It's only the TV network links that is experiencing a problem.

Is this something I can fix on my end or is this a problem with the app?

I had a similar issue and the fix was really simple for me. The post below helped me...it had to do with the TMDB API key no longer working.

http://forums.koditips.com/index.php?topic=1225.0

Glenn1946

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 09:50:31 pm »

Solution for Covenant (and others, but may not match exactly) assuming on a Windows machine:

• open C:\Users\[your user name here]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.covenant\lib\resources\lib\indexers in Windows Explorer.
  • somewhere below that you will see the line "items = client.parseDOM(result, 'li')"
  • change that line (or comment out and add) to "items = client.parseDOM(result, 'article', attrs = {'class': 'card grid-x'})"
  • save and exit

try:
            result = client.parseDOM(result, 'section', attrs = {'id': 'this-seasons-shows'})

items = client.parseDOM(result, 'article', attrs = {'class': 'card grid-x'}) #added 27/12/2017 by me.
        except:
            return

• save and exit

try:

except:
            return

I have the same  problem with networks but I have a Android streaming box. How do you make the changes on them?

Thanks