KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Placenta add-on

Citygirl32

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Placenta add-on
« on: December 30, 2017, 10:33:31 am »
Hi everyone,

Mr Blamo and maud'dib have forked convenant and created Placenta which can be found in Mr Blamo's repo.  It looks and feels exactly like convenant.  I highly recommend it if you're looking for a convenant replacement.  I would not recommend fantastic add-on as it doesn't look like it is being supported at all.

gwilly7

• +5/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Placenta add-on
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 01:25:50 pm »
Yes looks good so far.  Cerebro Showbox is also a very good fork of Covenant.

TopekaRoy

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 03:09:01 pm »
Placenta is now my "go to first" addon for on-demand TV. Mr. Blamo is a master at taking abandoned addons and not only maintaining them, but making them better. His Neptune Rising is a great fork of Genesis/Exodus/Elysium/Posiedon/et al. and his Death Streams is a fork of the legendary S.A.L.T.S addon.

Cerebro Showbox is also very good but I get the wrong episode on a lot of newer TV shows. There are others (Stream Hub, Showbox Arize, for example) that are pretty good, too. There are so many good options to choose from, but everyone seems to be stuck on Covenant and/or Exodus. I don't understand why people want to keep using addons that are broken or no longer maintained when it takes less than two minutes to install a newer, better addon and sync it with your already existing Trakt or IMDB account.

DS30

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 12:57:12 am »
Question; I'm having luck with placenta on my box, but on my girlfriends box, same show, I get one link only and it doesn't work.  Any thoughts?

TopekaRoy

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 01:18:07 am »
Question; I'm having luck with placenta on my box, but on my girlfriends box, same show, I get one link only and it doesn't work.  Any thoughts?
Is it the same box and same version of Kodi? If she is using Kodi make sure it is version 17.6. If she is using SPMC, Placenta works fine on ver 16.7.2. These won't work on Android KitKat. You have to have Android 5 (Lolipop) or higher.

Also, make sure she has the latest version of URL Resolver (ver 4.0.16) which can be found in the TVAddons.co repo.

DS30

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 10:34:42 am »
She's running 5.1 and I updated her kodi as well to be on the safe side. It's a different box, but I don't see how that would make a difference.  Everything else looked the same as mine, in terms of Placenta settings.  Her genesis wasn't working either for some reason, and it's updated as well.  The URL resolver, I never touched, so I would assume it's where it should be. I thought TV add-ons was done?

TopekaRoy

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 11:37:01 am »
...The URL resolver, I never touched, so I would assume it's where it should be. I thought TV add-ons was done?

TVAddons.ag shut down shortly after Shani was sued over Zem TV. the original admins (the ones that didn't disappear, anyway) reopened it at TVAddons.co, without all the possibly copyright infringing addons. The official URL Resolver is developed by some of their members and hosted in their repo. It is in many other repos, as well, because so many addons rely on it to play streams, but any updates will definitely show up in the TVAddons repo first. Here is the link to their forum. https://www.tvaddons.co/forums/index.php

matt1313

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 03:55:53 pm »
This is my go to add-on for now. Works great. Updated builds and users are extremely happy again.
Blamo has some other nice stuff. Glad nobody has posted a link to it yet. Maybe it will last for a few.

kamran

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 01:36:41 am »
Great Covenant Fork. Working absolutely fine. Faced some issue during installation but got successfully after reading this guide

Joeg8385

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 02:33:00 pm »
Some of the fanart for movies is not showing, anyone else having this issue? Example movies are It, jumanji, bright, pitch perfect 3,  coco and more. In covenant these movies display fanart but not in placenta.

matt1313

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 05:49:57 pm »
Add your own API to tmdb and create a fanart account and enter the info in the tools section

1sikguy

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2018, 10:32:26 am »
The BLAMO repo has moved it's URL from 'teverz.com'  to 'mrblamo.xyz'. I installed the repo and addons under the old
repo. Will I receive updates from the old repo, or do I have to re-install it all over again??

Iggs

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2018, 11:40:51 am »
You need to use the new repo.  At some point the old might be empty, and when Kodi looks for updates there will be nothing there, and the Add-Ons will not update.

DS30

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2018, 06:08:29 pm »
Having an issue here; for tv shows, I seem to only get bad streams (huge buffering issues) or wrong shows on every one I try. Just started happening. Movies seem to be OK . Thoughts?

RodgerB

• +32/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2018, 06:42:59 pm »
Just tested the TVA standalone GitHub browser, which can be found in the TVA repository services section. I tested with username teverz, downloaded the Blamo repo, then loaded Placenta. All updates and dependencies also loaded so this appears to be a great way to load addons and repositories. Experiment with the usernames at the top of this Kodi Tips Forum thread. Cheers..

DS30

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2018, 07:16:02 pm »
I already use blamo,  and placenta updates fine

RodgerB

• +32/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2018, 08:21:14 pm »
My thought was if you are having problems, then reload it using that method, but if all ok now, good..