KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Neptune Rising great new addon

kodidave

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
Neptune Rising great new addon
« on: January 01, 2018, 01:16:36 pm »

Nice replacment for Exodus and Covenant
that gave me no working links for the Netflix series The Punisher
This is my new go-to addon.
If it's not in your 'get more' list you have to install the Repository
My get more list is only 2000 after I updated to 17.4, used to be 2,400.
It's been a long time since I had to install a repository, ahh the good old days.

Name: Blamo Repository
URL: http://blamo.teverz.com/

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: Neptune Rising great new addon
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 08:15:09 pm »
This is new to me...What is a "get more list"?

TopekaRoy

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 09:51:30 pm »
At the bottom of your list of video add-ons, Kodi 16 has a link that says "Get more," but I can't find it in Kodi 17. If you go to Settings->Add-ons-->Install from Repository-->All Repositories-->Video Add-ons it will give you the same list, which is all the video add-ons in all of the Repos you have installed.

I love Neptune Rising. It is an update of Poseidon from the now-retired Soulless repo which was a fork of Exodus. It has everything Covenant had plus IMDB playlists, Top 100 movies by genre, a What The Fork section and a few other goodies that are not in Covenant. I highly recommend it.

kodidave

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 01:20:58 am »

In Kodi 16 'Get More' was at the bottom of your list of Videos Addons it was around 1,500 at that time
With 17 it was moved to the pop out menu on the left of the Videos Addons list.
'Get More' can be very handy if you want to explore what addons are out there to install
rather than going the repository route also I can disable addons via that list also. 
It was 2,400 with Kodi 17.4 but now I get 2,000 with 17.6, go figure.
I'm running Xubuntu on a HP dual core 2.93Ghz 4GB SSD 32GB
graphics card Video out to HDMI converter to a 50ft HDMI cable with a remote         

TopekaRoy

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 07:46:28 am »
With 17 it was moved to the pop out menu on the left of the Videos Addons list.
Thank you! I can't believe I never noticed that before and I use the pull out menu all the time to change views or re-sort large lists alphabetically.
It was 2,400 with Kodi 17.4 but now I get 2,000 with 17.6, go figure.         
It is my understanding that that list is populated only with add-ons that are in repos which you currently have installed. It has nothing to do with what version of Kodi you are using. I currently have 1272 video add-ons available on my main system. A lot of add-ons and repos have disappeared lately and my guess is that is why your list has shrunk. I could be wrong, though. It happened once before!  ;D

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 11:35:48 am »
Had an incident with Neptune Rising V1.3.2 today after the update. None of the internal artwork would show! Fanart and covers were all there but no one icon from Neptune was displayed. It's fixed now. I'm posting this in the event someone else may end up with this problem.

if no Neptune artwork shows in Neptune

Open settings for Neptune
In General (Default when opening Settings) look at APPEARANCE
IF there is a - (minus sign) in front of the word Neptune artwork will probably not show

If this is the case you need to enter the folder for userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.neptune
Open the settings.xml file with a text editor (Notepad or Notpad++)
Look at the first three lines of the file and you'll see this:

Code: [Select]

<settings>
    <setting id="HEVC" value="true" />
    <setting id="api.language" value="AUTO" />
    <setting id="appearance.1" value="-Neptune" />
    <setting id="appearance.alt" value="-" />

There's the pesky minus sign at the line <setting id="appearance.1" value="-Neptune" />. Just delete the minus sign and save the file!

Easy peasy fix but it took me about a half hour to figure out WTH was going on.

Remember you only need to do this if the icons that are Neptune's included art are not showing up.

kamal11

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 09:32:55 am »
Many kodi users are saying we are getting tvad.me/pair error , while trying to play the movie in neptune rising addon, for that we can fix easily using these methods
Url resolver and paring from tvad.me website or disable hoster with caption. you can get each guide from http://olpairkodii.com/https-tvad-pair/