KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Can't connect to any Add-on repositorys

DjKodi

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Can't connect to any Add-on repositorys
« on: January 06, 2018, 08:58:32 am »
Hi there I am having some problems trying to get some new add-ons on my kodi 7.6 running on my linux mint computer  :(  Every repository I try gives me a can't connect to repository error and I am pretty sure that there all up and working. I am getting the add-on repos from this list "http://www.wirelesshack.org/top-best-working-kodi-video-add-ons.html" it's the most up to date list I could find. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks! :D - DjKodi

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: Can't connect to any Add-on repositorys
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 11:34:00 am »
Is KODI making a connection to the internet? Not talking about Linux connecting via a browser. Check Kodi system info and see if it shows an IP. (System Info>Network)

Can you install any addons from within Kodi's own repository?

I traversed to each of the mentioned repos and could have downloaded any one of those repos using Chrome. However, Chrome stopped me from #9 on that list because the site has a bad security certificate. Site #10, just looks like a dump ground for a lot of garbage and *I* would not take anything from there unless I was sure it was safe.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 11:44:12 am by flhthemi »

DjKodi

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 02:45:28 pm »
Is KODI making a connection to the internet? Not talking about Linux connecting via a browser. Check Kodi system info and see if it shows an IP. (System Info>Network)

I traversed to each of the mentioned repos and could have downloaded any one of those repos using Chrome. However, Chrome stopped me from #9 on that list because the site has a bad security certificate. Site #10, just looks like a dump ground for a lot of garbage and *I* would not take anything from there unless I was sure it was safe.

Yes Kodi is connected to the Internet and no I can't install most addons from the kodi repository :( I have also tried Kodi on my phone with the same results. My goal is to get at least 10 good movie and tv show addons in kodi. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks! :D - DjKodi

kodidave

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 10:59:55 pm »
Hi there I am having some problems trying to get some new add-ons on my kodi 7.6 running on my linux mint computer  :(  Every repository I try gives me a can't connect to repository error and I am pretty sure that there all up and working. I am getting the add-on repos from this list "http://www.wirelesshack.org/top-best-working-kodi-video-add-ons.html" it's the most up to date list I could find. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks! :D - DjKodi

Start with Neptune Rising

http://blamo.teverz.com/

NEVER un-zip a rep zip file leave it as-is 

I use my windows pc to download the repo zip and then copy it to a flash drive
and then plug the flash drive into my Xubuntu rig with Kodi

To install the Repository
Kodi home page click on system >addons > go to the top of menu untill you see the two dots click on it
do the same for the next menu and then next short menu >install from a zip >
click on the rep zip on the flash drive

once it installs it go back to 'Videos Addons' and the 'get more' list (pull out menu on the left side of the Videos Addons icons and Neptune Rising should be around the the top of the list
because it's a new repo install and will not be in Alphabetical Order on the list
click on install and your done
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 05:08:25 pm by kodidave »

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 10:02:57 am »

Yes Kodi is connected to the Internet and no I can't install most addons from the kodi repository :( I have also tried Kodi on my phone with the same results. My goal is to get at least 10 good movie and tv show addons in kodi. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks! :D - DjKodi

Try checking System>Settings>Addons>"Unknown Sources" needs to be ON.

TopekaRoy

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 07:36:14 pm »

That would be my guess. Still that wouldn't stop DJ from installing add-ons that are in the official Kodi Repo. ???
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 07:52:37 pm by TopekaRoy »

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 07:42:32 pm »

That would be my guess. Sill that wouldn't stop DJ from installing add-ons that are in the official Kodi Repo. ???

Sounds more like Kodi is being blocked from the internet....maybe a firewall?

DjKodi

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 01:57:48 pm »

That would be my guess. Sill that wouldn't stop DJ from installing add-ons that are in the official Kodi Repo. ???

Sounds more like Kodi is being blocked from the internet....maybe a firewall?

That would make sense why I am also having the same problem with other devices. Probably something to do with my router and modem :(  Could you guys tell me how to check if this is the promblem and how to fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks! :D - DjKodi

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 06:20:23 pm »
What router and model do you have? Is Linux using any firewall? Not being familiar with Linux...Windows has it's own firewall and needs to have permission granted for Kodi to get through.

Most routers have a DMZ mode. You can place your linux box's IP in the DMZ to test and see if it is the router. Just be sure to remove the setting when done testing.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 06:23:35 pm by flhthemi »

DjKodi

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 02:28:45 pm »
I tried the DMZ idea with my Android phone and Linux mint laptop still getting the can't connect to repository error :( I am starting to think it might not be the router and modem because i tried to connect to the Blamo Repo using my phones cellular getting the same problem. The only repo I was able to get working was Cypher Locker :) Just in case it is a router problem I have a D-link AC2600 Thanks! :D - DjKodi

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 04:57:14 pm »
Damn! Only other thing I can think of is it bad repos web address...

DjKodi

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 12:37:59 pm »
Damn! Only other thing I can think of is it bad repos web address...

I don't think its bad repos because I was able to get it to work on my friends phone  :)  It seams to work fine on any new device but anything that has had Kodi installed before doesn't work  ???  Hey do you know if its possible to build a Kodi build on a Android box if so I wouldn't need to use my Linux Mint computer with Kodi. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks! :D - DjKodi

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2018, 07:12:57 pm »
Yeah playstore has Kodi for Android.

Are you using a build on mint and the phone you have?

pete_e

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2018, 09:32:30 am »
Hi. Having the same problem.
 I have a new install of kodi on my laptop, running windows 10. I have tried to install blamo from the new url & getting the same failed to install repository.  Any help will be appreciated

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2018, 03:54:44 pm »
See if this works for you

https://github.com/teverz/blamo/blob/master/zips/repository.blamo/repository.blamo-0.0.4.zip

Save it, open the addon browser, install from zip, then just go to it and see if it will install the repo.

Wilsondrake

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2018, 04:13:55 am »

If you can try to clear cache on your Kodi and then try reinstalling among these best kodi addons https://www.kodivpn.co/kodi-krypton-add-ons/ which might help you with the best addons for movies and tv shows.