KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Neptune rising not working right

Saint056

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Neptune rising not working right
« on: January 07, 2018, 09:14:26 pm »
On Kodi 17.6, Neptune rising shows 400+ streams and when it finishes the search on programs, and when it stops searching it only shows 8, or 15, 20...  but not nearly what it says is available. Very few streams truly available. What’s going on? Also, the streaming that is available in the few streams is slow with buffering.  What’s going on???

Bew99cdn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Neptune rising not working right
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 12:42:16 pm »
I have been experiencing the same with with Neptune and with Elysium.  Placenta seems to be working much better.  I have my own API Key setup in Elysium, so I am stumped as to what is causing this issue too.

husoi

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 05:44:45 pm »
Since the last few days the movies listing is only showing the first page.
Tried all I can find on the web but it just doesn't work.
I cleaned cache, library, updated everything but still no sign of the "next page" bit :'(

TopekaRoy

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 01:56:39 am »
Mr. Blamo just posted an update but I'm still having this issue with the links. I asked him about it on twitter. I will let you know when I get a reply.

TopekaRoy

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 03:33:54 am »
Mr Blamo is unable to duplicate the issue so I'm afraid he wasn't much help.
Replying to @TopekaRoy
I just checked received 6 free 1080 a bunch of HD and quite a few SD so problems your guys end

@MRBlamoforkodi
Replying to @TopekaRoy
That is false cause I've not seen that many I think you need to either clear your Kodi or make sure it's upto date
I replied "Confused. Just cleared cache and providers in Neptune. Searched for the Orville s1e12. Found 3 HD and 375 SD but only listed 3 HD and 3 SD. URL Resolver and NAN Scrapers up to date NR ver. 1.3.2, Kodi 17.6. Android 5.1.1, Tried new install on SPMC, Android 7. Same result."

I'll keep you "posted."

upsidedown

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 10:48:03 am »
It seems to be just a false reading with  addons that use Nan Scarpers  because these type addons has never found that many links like Exodus  forks if you have RD .   

Complaining  to  MR. Blamo about the amount of  sources  or false readings  that  Neptune Rising  finds will do no good  because he cant do nothing about it but report it to noobs and nerds  witch you can do yourself .  Neptune Rising  don't have built in  scrapers . Nan Scarpers witch is  from noobs and nerds does all this,  so  you need complain to them or go back to a older version of them tell they sort it out . Or  just switch addons  I find Neptune Rising to be fine because i cant  watch but once link at a time  and i have all 3 addons from Blamo repo and Release Hub from another repo if one don't find what i want i just use another one.

TopekaRoy

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 11:31:45 am »
Thank you, Upside, for your very informative post.

I wasn't "complaining" to MR Blamo, at all. I was merely asking him if he could shed some light on this issue. Since he maintains the add-on and updates it frequently, I figured he would know best why Neptune Rising is doing what it is doing and how to fix it. I realize there is only so much info you can provide in a tweet, which is why I included a link to this thread, in the hopes that maybe he would reply here.

He said it was working fine for him and the problem was probably on our end, which I don't understand because I am using the same version he is. You say it is probably an issue with NAN scrapers and that makes sense. I don't use Exodus or any of the other forks that rely on NAN scrapers so that didn't occur to me. Actually, since he released Placenta, I've pretty much stopped using NR, except for checking out the added sections that aren't found in other add-ons. Death Streams and Cerebro Showbox are also working very well for me. I also have Stream Hub, but haven't used it in a while.

Anyway, thanks again for your input.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 11:34:41 am by TopekaRoy »

upsidedown

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 11:48:15 am »
Placenta and Cerebro Showbox  are Exodus forks also Covenant  is a Exodus fork  .  Neptune is just a fork of Poseidon witch is a fork of ZEN / Elysium. But yes there's lots of good working Exodus forks out there right now.  But  I don't use but one  since Placenta came out ,  i  use it  instead of Covenant or any of the others  that are Exodus forks. Because i don't find very much difference in them but maybe a scraper or two .

I still have Elysium witch i used to set up NAN Scrapers  the way I wanted them but I don't really need it because I have Neptune as well , i just have better luck tuning up NAN Scrapers with Elysium for some reason  .
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 12:10:57 pm by upsidedown »

D8210

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 08:37:18 pm »
Neptune Rising as well as Placenta are giving me the same exact problem. I even went as far as factory resetting my firestick and reinstalling Kodi as well as all the other add-ons. I have no idea what's going on but out of nowhere this started happening 2 days ago after everything had been working fine

I cleaned cache, library, updated everything but still no sign of the "next page" bit :'(

JCRED

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 06:04:44 pm »
Neptune still mainly down????????????

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 08:33:06 am »
I am having the same exact issue in all 3 sources. Neptune, Placenta and Death streams, anyone figure this out yet? I also did a full delete and full reinstall nothing has fixed this, so annoying because I loved Neptune. I to asked Blamo on twitter , He says he's not having the issue but i agree that is impossible.

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 10:34:12 pm »
So what happen to keeping us updated, Because as of right now, this problem still persist, I tried the New death streams RD and i am not a fan, and the artwork does not work. Shit is aggravating, I also don't understand why Governments keep ensuring this programs go down, Seriously leave us the F*ck alone and quit ruining our quality of life. Im sure when your parents where younger the took VCR tapes to their friends to watch together, really no difference all we are doing is sharing. Not everyone can afford 150 a month to go to the theaters or or $300.00 a month to watch tv . Fuck you can't even afford a study apartment on minimum wage, America is out of control thats for sure. They bumped min wage up a few cents, roflmao, What difference does that make, If you are not making 12 and above you can not survive, and if you have child support you need no less then 15. You want people to stop living off the government, pay people so they can its that simple, and leave our damn Apps alone. The problem is the Government thinks they are entitled to everything, charge you to fish, Hunt, for water, Air, electric, this are all things needed to survive. You can build a car but can't drive it unless you pay, then you have to pay for that car to exist by buying plates. Then if you work your taxed before you get your money, taxed when you cash the check, then taxed by child support, then taxed when you spend it, then you get taxed on your property you already own. Give it a rest. Unfortunately we have all become nothing but slaves, They abolished black slavery to enslave all races within its borders. I just want to watch some damn TV, the fuck is wrong with that? The government down own or make this country operate, the citizens do, and this citizen has had about enough. The government does not own the internet, The people do. Leave us alone, Before we all wake up and shut everything down. You only sit in those office seats because we allow it, we put you there and we pay you. You would do good to remember that before the country is on your door step demanding them back.  Anyways rant over. Someone please fix our add ons, Fight the power, do not let them win, we need you...

D8210

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2018, 09:13:20 am »
All of a sudden Neptune Rising is working today. Don't know what changed but I'm not complaining

Neptune Rising as well as Placenta are giving me the same exact problem. I even went as far as factory resetting my firestick and reinstalling Kodi as well as all the other add-ons. I have no idea what's going on but out of nowhere this started happening 2 days ago after everything had been working fine

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2018, 02:52:51 pm »
Maybe the update for it and URL resolver fixed it.