KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Kodi "Not Responding" loading IPTV channels

Dee

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
Kodi "Not Responding" loading IPTV channels
« on: January 11, 2018, 07:27:57 pm »
First I'm running Kodi 17.6 on my laptop. Windows 10... I've been experiencing some problems whenever I try and use some IPTV based addons ie. Mobdina. A lot of the time, not every time, when I click on a channel... as the channel is loading... Kodi will suddenly stop responding for about a minute and the channels don't load. At first I thought I was low on memory or CPU usage was too high but when I monitored those with Task Manager that isn't the problem. Any ideas, possible solutions, out there?

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Kodi "Not Responding" loading IPTV channels
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 10:40:22 pm »
IPTV lists are generally pretty fickle, they'll work one day then not the next.  Since you're running Win 10 you might download the "Simple Streams" app from the MS store.  It's free and you can use it to test various m3u lists.  I use it as my main IPTV app.

Dee

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Kodi "Not Responding" loading IPTV channels
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 11:44:34 pm »
IPTV lists are generally pretty fickle, they'll work one day then not the next.  Since you're running Win 10 you might download the "Simple Streams" app from the MS store.  It's free and you can use it to test various m3u lists.  I use it as my main IPTV app.
Hey there brokn... I'm not a total newbie to Kodi hehehe so I know what IPTV links are like... but this isn't like that... something is causing Kodi to "hang" when trying to load IPTV channels... and it's happening on all my iptv addons... I've got about 5 of them! I do keep them updated too. Also... it's not a system hang... it's specific to Kodi. I'm not short on ram and it's not a cache problem. Scratchin my head on this one! UPDATE... found the solution... this addon requiresSports Devil... which I knew and I have installed... problem was that I needed to update my Sports Devil... DONE! hehehe
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 09:59:36 pm by Dee »