KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Best vpn service for addons

MarKenal

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Best vpn service for addons
« on: January 18, 2018, 09:56:31 am »
hey my subscription of ipvanish is off, I need the recommendation to get a new one. Wouldn't go back to ipvanish since its customer service is so bad, and makes internet connection drop instantly. So I wouldn't go back in any case. I have read a lot of good reviews about nordvpn, and the number of servers is much more significant. So I am considering between protonvpn and nordvpn. What would you recommend? thank you

RodgerB

• +30/-7
    • View Profile
Re: Best vpn service for addons
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 11:20:35 am »
Hey MarKenal. I don't use a VPN and I watch live tv, shows, movies without problem. It just takes a little work to find the best streaming addons...See my daily use list. Cheers.

Dave_

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 11:45:45 am »
Nordvpn is the only one I have used, 6 months now and no problems, its a faff to set up account details but is worth it I think...

Sask3m

• +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 11:48:29 am »
Instead of a vpn better off signing up for a debrid service like  Premiumize or Real Debrid (depending on which addon).  Better links and everything goes through them so zero risk for you.

jjninja

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 11:43:26 pm »
Instead of a vpn better off signing up for a debrid service like  Premiumize or Real Debrid (depending on which addon).  Better links and everything goes through them so zero risk for you.

What if Real Debrid logs the data we are going to use with it?

jjninja

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 11:52:13 pm »
I have tried PureVPN, IPVanish, NordVPN, and ExpressVPN so far.

PureVPN - Cheapest option but the connection drops frequently.
IPVanish - Support staff sucks. Takes a lot of time to reply a simple query.
NordVPN - Worked fine but I didn't like their interface.
ExpressVPN - Works great, support is very helpful, but pricing sucks.

Here're some recommended VPNs for Kodi. Though the list carries all good VPNs, VyprVPN seems fishy since it logs the data for few days. So, I won't go with VyprVPN since it defeats the whole purpose of staying anonymous.

Wilsondrake

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 05:37:46 am »
I have tried PureVPN, IPVanish, NordVPN, and ExpressVPN so far.

PureVPN - Cheapest option but the connection drops frequently.
IPVanish - Support staff sucks. Takes a lot of time to reply a simple query.
NordVPN - Worked fine but I didn't like their interface.
ExpressVPN - Works great, support is very helpful, but pricing sucks.

Here're some recommended VPNs for Kodi[/url]. Though the list carries all good VPNs, VyprVPN seems fishy since it logs the data for few days. So, I won't go with VyprVPN since it defeats the whole purpose of staying anonymous.

I have also used the above VPNs but all of them keeps log and it shall not be the issue i guess since online space is open for everyone hence your data is open too.
Some of the best vpn for kodi are already mentioned, but to add few more

• Private Internet Access (PIA)
  • Tunnel Bear
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 05:39:18 am by Wilsondrake »

RodgerB

• +30/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 10:27:11 am »
Starting to think VPNs are a conspiracy to sell us something we don't need. So many "partners" pushing VPNs. RB

jwbrett

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 10:37:07 am »
Starting to think VPNs are a conspiracy to sell us something we don't need. So many "partners" pushing VPNs. RB
I understand what you are saying, but it's simply a blog seeking a little financial return for the work they are doing.
Affiliate marketing, nothing nefarious.
VPNs are important and do work. And there are a lot of them.

markhascole

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2018, 04:39:28 am »
I am a huge fan of Kodi and love to watch movies and different tv shows on Kodi but problem is that some Kodi repositories are restricted in my region that is why i am using NordVPN to enjoy full freedom on kodi.