KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

How to remove Kodi build

fireuser

• +0/-0
  • today is the best day
    • View Profile
How to remove Kodi build
« on: January 18, 2018, 10:14:15 am »
I installed Misfit Mods Lite build yesterday and could not find any way to remove it. Lastly, I had to uninstall Kodi app in order to get rid of it. Before I install any other build, I want to know how do we remove any build from Kodi?

flhthemi

• +18/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: How to remove Kodi build
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 10:16:49 am »
I installed Misfit Mods Lite build yesterday and could not find any way to remove it. Lastly, I had to uninstall Kodi app in order to get rid of it. Before I install any other build, I want to know how do we remove any build from Kodi?

Are you using an Android device, Windows PC or an Apple or pI device?

fireuser

• +0/-0
  • today is the best day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 12:10:52 pm »
I am using MacBook

Iggs

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 01:45:59 pm »
I don't know Mac, but in Windows if you rename your Kodi folder to Kodi 1 or anything else, when you run Kodi again, it will start up with a fresh virgin install, and your build will be gone; but saved as Kodi 1 or whatever you renamed the folder. The userdata folder (in windows) in located in the Kodi folder.  I don't know where you will find the Kodi folder on a Mac, but the instructions below look like they will get you there.

1 Location of the userdata folder
Note: In older versions of the software (before v14) the kodi directories were named xbmc.

Mac   /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/ (see note*)

*3.2.2 Userdata folder and logs are hidden
Link
By default, Mac OS X 10.7 hides the user's Library folder, which is where Kodi's userdata folder and logs are stored. There are a few ways to get around this:
While in the Finder, click on the "Go" menu and hold down ⌥ Option, then select Library.
You can use programs such as TinkerTool to change the visibility of all or some hidden files/folders.
To permanently reveal the ~/Library folder, open up Terminal and run this command:
chflags nohidden ~/Library
Note: Anytime there is an OS X update (e.g. from version 10.7.3 to 10.7.4) you will have to run this command again as the folder will be hidden again