KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

api keys

dudelove00

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
api keys
« on: January 21, 2018, 05:29:04 am »
Hi all,
Hope erevyone had a great xmas and new year.
what i would like to know is there a kodi addon that i can put all my api keys & login details into that then all addon can get info from?
ie. tmdb api key, tvdb api, real debrid api & login details, Alluc api & login details & fanart.tv api all in 1 add but all other addon can use them.

i think i have that right.

any thoughts anyone.

p.s
im using osmc on a rpi3 and also mbox android firmware running kplayer apk.

best regards
Dudelove00

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: api keys
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 09:21:04 am »
Not being familiar with your OS and a rpi3 I don't know if you can accomplish something like this or not:

If your OS can perform cut and paste this might be helpful.
Create a .txt file with all your api keys/codes in it.
When asked by an addon to enter the info, open the text file, copy the needed info, return to Kodi and paste it into the settings editor's space for it.

On Windows you would open the text file, highlight the needed code, press ctrl+c to copy it, then return to kodi and place your cursor in the space where you would type in the code and just press ctrl+v click save and you're done!

I know of no addon that would do what you have described. Would be pretty cool if someone could develop one though!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 09:23:22 am by flhthemi »

Iggs

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 12:43:12 pm »
Navigate to your System Settings (how you get there differs on which skin you're using) then Add-ons > Manage dependencies

In NaN scrappers >Configure you can add your Alluc account info, but no API

URL Resolver > Configure > Universal Resolvers it has a place to set your Debrid account info. 

I assume this will feed any add-ons that use these dependencies.

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 06:46:10 pm »
I don't think that's what the OP was asking about lggs. He wants an addon to keep his api keys and when needed insert the data into the addon he's setting up at that moment. Be a difficult addon to develop as each addon may refer to that data in a different way.