KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Thevideo.me Pairing Problem on Exodus

trinity666

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Thevideo.me Pairing Problem on Exodus
« on: January 22, 2018, 04:54:58 am »
Hi,

I paired successfully my laptop with thevideo. Message "happy streaming for 4 hours" is shown. But Exodus on my Kodi on raspberry pi still says 'authentication is required, please pair". IP Adress from my laptop and my Kodi are the same!
Can you offer a solution for me?

With openload it works fine.

Thx
Thomas

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Thevideo.me Pairing Problem on Exodus
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 12:17:36 pm »
i've had this problem for months now and have yet to find a solution.  I've noticed that devs for URLResolver are working on the pairing modules (thevideo, vidup, vshare, etc.) and I have tried their changes to the thevideo module but it didi not work.  Maybe when they release the next vesion?

trinity666

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 04:14:29 am »
Thx for your comment!

jessisweet

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 02:42:49 am »
Hey, Stream authorization required your IP to be authorized. I guess it doesn't matter which device you are authenticating it. you can use your laptop or mobile to do this. And once your IP is validated, you can use Kodi in any of the device connected to the same network. I tried this on my firestick, it worked! I know my explanation is a bit fuzzy, I got this method from https://kodiforu.com/vidup-thevideo-me-pair-kodi/. If my explanation is not sufficient enough, you can check this post.

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 03:40:39 am »
The problem with all these "Pairing Authorization Error Fixes" websites is that this is NOT an error, this is how pairing is designed to work.  You have the choice to pair your device, reject pairing, or you may choose to ignore Captchas (sources that require pairing) globally.  The issue I am having is that I pair my device at the appropriate website but Kodi does not recognize this pairing.  This is one of the functions of URLResolver but it is not working for thevideo, vidup, vshare but is working for openload.  I assume it is being repaired and readied for the next release of urlresolver but it doesn't look like it has been worked on for the last two weeks.  I may have to try to repair it myself if I can find the time.

In any event, thank you for your interest and input. :)

[edit] VShare appears to be working again. :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 05:05:06 am by broknsymetry »

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 08:59:38 am »
It appears resolverurl is the new replacement for urlresolver. Several addons have already made the change to it.
Videos on youtube from some asshat named "mitch" are attempting to poo-poo it and the nan/jen community. The resolverurl is being maintained by the SAME dev as urlresolver (jsrego?). *I* think 90% of this mitch's videos are BS so I ignore them, maybe others should too.

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 06:58:27 pm »
It appears resolverurl is the new replacement for urlresolver. Several addons have already made the change to it.
Videos on youtube from some asshat named "mitch" are attempting to poo-poo it and the nan/jen community. The resolverurl is being maintained by the SAME dev as urlresolver (jsrego?). *I* think 90% of this mitch's videos are BS so I ignore them, maybe others should too.

Excellent! Thank you.
Here's the KodiTips page on it: http://koditips.com/resolveurl-kodi-dependency-urlresolver-fork/

To get it to work with Covenant you only need to tweak two lines:

In the plugin.video.covenant addon.xml file add the line <import addon="script.module.resolveurl" version="5.0.00"/> to the requires section.

In the script.module.covenant sources.py module implement this change:
Code: [Select]
# try: import urlresolver
try: import resolveurl as urlresolver

I will try it out with the pairing sites and report back. :)