KodiTips Forums

Specto ?

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
Specto ?
« on: June 26, 2017, 10:01:52 am »
After TVA went offline I started using specto so heres my question I always get the popup openload or video me authorization pop up box so I was wondering if it is safe to do so?

jacksuarez7

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Specto ?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 10:34:32 am »
Same pop up as Exodus used to give - you can disable the 2 sources or pair (once the device you're pairing with is on the same wifi). Was always fine for me if slightly inconvenient....I now use RD so no need to pair, might be worth considering....

Lara-X

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 12:36:45 pm »
After TVA went offline I started using specto so heres my question I always get the popup openload or video me authorization pop up box so I was wondering if it is safe to do so?

I try to avoid these ones if at all possible as they're a pain but i find on the firestick that just pressing the back arrow whenever the message comes up seems to work. A bit more of a faff but not the end of the world.

Mobboro

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 03:02:09 pm »
Open load Is fast and good alternative to gvideo .You'll just see some ads when pairing and then you are good to go

dada

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 04:31:19 pm »
Open load Is fast and good alternative to gvideo .You'll just see some ads when pairing and then you are good to go
Exactly how do you pair? I've seen it popup, but always been afraid of going

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 07:47:21 pm »

I use my cell phone and type in the link since it is on the same wifi as my laptop.

Mobboro

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 12:06:42 am »

To pair, Use a web browser and go to olpair.com.Takes less then a minute

jacksuarez7

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 03:48:00 am »

I try to avoid these ones if at all possible as they're a pain but i find on the firestick that just pressing the back arrow whenever the message comes up seems to work. A bit more of a faff but not the end of the world.

I have a feeling that when you back arrow you're skipping that link and going to the next one rather than circumventing the pairing for these sources - I would recommend real-debrid which, for relatively small money, opens up a whole host of new/reliable sources. I used xbmc/kodi for many years without and tried around 6 months ago and wouldn't go back, especially considering the current circumstances. Having said that you'll probably always find a decent source for most things and debrid is more successful for newer shows/movies - why not try for a month, which is what I did, and knock it on the head if you don't see the value.

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 02:43:33 pm »

I have a feeling that when you back arrow you're skipping that link and going to the next one rather than circumventing the pairing for these sources - I would recommend real-debrid which, for relatively small money, opens up a whole host of new/reliable sources. I used xbmc/kodi for many years without and tried around 6 months ago and wouldn't go back, especially considering the current circumstances. Having said that you'll probably always find a decent source for most things and debrid is more successful for newer shows/movies - why not try for a month, which is what I did, and knock it on the head if you don't see the value.

I do have an account for the free real-debrid. Been thinking about getting a paid account only thing  is I think the dollar amount are in euros and I'm not sure how to convert them!!!  :-[ :-[

D@Cod3r

• +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 03:09:49 pm »
Sara5dawn, Google can convert currency from one country to any other country.

Here's a link to do your conversion, but there are numerous other sites that do the same thing.

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/

...and it's nothing to be embarrassed about  ;)

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:14:33 pm by D@Cod3r »

Leviathan

• +6/-3
  • Mysterious
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 01:58:55 pm »

These pairing sessions are tied to your IP Address.

If you're on a Dynamic IP Address (it changes) , you will have to pair again...and again.

If you want to get rid of them, you can sign up to a debrid service that supplies you with premium links and pairing is not required.

Otherwise, to use these free hosts, you must pair or disable them as hosts in your plugin settings or url resolver.

Dave_

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 01:55:28 pm »
Go to playback in tools and disable hosters with captchas

flhthemi

• +8/-0
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 08:59:37 am »
If you are going to pair make sure you have an ad blocker. I paired several times with IE and no ad blocking and got redirected when I clicked on the Pair button. So now I use Lightning+ browser on Android devices and Firefox with uBlock Origin plugin.

Buzz Marshall

• +16/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2017, 07:40:05 pm »
i find openload links are usually pretty good here and pairing may be a bit of a pain but i just use the browser on one of linux boxes to pair and then the rest of the house boxes run fine for the rest of the night most times...

awhile back you use to be able to circumvent the pairing but unless someones come up with a new method i dont think theres any way around it...

leahswift

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2017, 01:40:08 pm »
I don't like pairing so I just usually cancell out then choose anything with Vidzi and it plays that link all the time for me, maybe try that see if that will work.

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 02:31:36 pm »
I don't like pairing so I just usually cancell out then choose anything with Vidzi and it plays that link all the time for me, maybe try that see if that will work.

I don't care  for pairing as well so I got Real Debrid after I posted the first post about specto and pairing. RD works really well, you still get openload links but you don't have to pair.

For some reason yesterday 7/13 RD was not working in Specto.

Once I was able to install the new colossal repo and covenant I uninstalled Specto.

curtyman11

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2017, 03:12:34 pm »
I could not get specto to install from the ares wizard last week, but now i have three other similar addons so I don't really need it

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2017, 03:54:34 pm »
FYI Ares has a new URL and the wizard was updated two days ago

http://repo.ares-project.com/magic/

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2017, 06:01:17 pm »
FYI Ares has a new URL and the wizard was updated two days ago

http://repo.ares-project.com/magic/

TonyH  I used the ares wizard from the other url several weeks ago. That is how I got an updated version of Exodus and the Exodus repo.

So do I need to uninsall the old source and use the new one?
Thanks

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2017, 06:05:13 pm »
I would use the newer Ares source since all future updates will be added there

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2017, 08:25:41 pm »
I would use the newer Ares source since all future updates will be added there

ok, now I need help do I add the new one first and then delete the old one and will it update the repos and addon that I
installed or do I have to uninstall everything and then add the new url?????

Sorry but I'm still learning!