KodiTips Forums

Hello * waves*

Lara-X

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Hello * waves*
« on: June 26, 2017, 01:12:11 pm »
Hi all,

Just wanted to say hi really and tell you a bit about myself as I've been replying to a few posts recently.

I was first introduced to kodi back in December when a friend of husband put it on our firestick for us (version 15 at the time and it had a build installed) Over the next few months i learned all i could about kodi and subsequently did updates myself and installed it on my laptop and phone. I actually ended up doing a clean install of it on our firestick as well choosing to bin the build and add repos individually. I've since installed it on a few devices for family and close friends and seem to have become the go to person in the family for kodi problems and updates etc. Obviously I'm not an expert but i haven't come across many problems that I can't solve up to now.

Looking forward to speaking with you all and hope kodi is around for a long time to come. 🤞😁

dada

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Hello * waves*
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 02:11:37 pm »
Hi all,

Just wanted to say hi really and tell you a bit about myself as I've been replying to a few posts recently.

I was first introduced to kodi back in December when a friend of husband put it on our firestick for us (version 15 at the time and it had a build installed) Over the next few months i learned all i could about kodi and subsequently did updates myself and installed it on my laptop and phone. I actually ended up doing a clean install of it on our firestick as well choosing to bin the build and add repos individually. I've since installed it on a few devices for family and close friends and seem to have become the go to person in the family for kodi problems and updates etc. Obviously I'm not an expert but i haven't come across many problems that I can't solve up to now.

Looking forward to speaking with you all and hope kodi is around for a long time to come. 🤞😁

Same here....never heard of Kodi until a co-worker overheard me talking about how high my cable bill was. I was one of the suckers who fell for the "Give me $100 and I'll sell you a firestick and you'll never pay for tv again" deals. I too, learned more and more about it......mostly from Youtube videos and forums. Don't like seeing people getting ripped off like I did.....

hatrix

• +12/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 02:18:34 pm »
nice to meet you guys.

i've followed things like kodi and other tech stuff for years. first got xbmc wayyy back and have followed it since. I've had to provide multiple devices to my Ex-Pat UK family since there is no option for uk programming here in the states.
Hope to talk to many of you around here and help however i can.

D@Cod3r

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 03:26:48 pm »
Hello All,  I bought my first box a little over two years ago and love the fact that I had to install everything, from the box firmware manually (until OTA became available) to kodi and everything in between.(Full time job is an IT analyst which is why I enjoy these boxes).
I like this forum because everyone is so willing to lend a hand, which is the way it should be, as I enjoy helping people also.
I hope to be able to help more people in need and get help when needed.

Nice to meet y'all  ;)

Lara-X

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 04:40:06 pm »
nice to meet you guys.

i've followed things like kodi and other tech stuff for years. first got xbmc wayyy back and have followed it since. I've had to provide multiple devices to my Ex-Pat UK family since there is no option for uk programming here in the states.

Hatrix the other side of that is it's great not having to wait for the U.S  shows over here in the U.K and being able to watch things like Game of Thrones and The Walking dead as soon as they're aired and avoid spoilers!! 😉

hatrix

• +12/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 04:43:47 pm »
nice to meet you guys.

Hatrix the other side of that is it's great not having to wait for the U.S  shows over here in the U.K and being able to watch things like Game of Thrones and The Walking dead as soon as they're aired and avoid spoilers!! 😉
Haha my mom used to do the exact same thing with Downton abbey