KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Genesis Reborn - a couple of questions

dcassidy

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Genesis Reborn - a couple of questions
« on: January 26, 2018, 10:24:30 am »
Hi,
    Genesis Reborn seems like a fairly good Add on...but a couple of questions.

1. Is there no context option on a TV episode to mark 'Watched in Trakt' or how do I enable it ?
2. When downloading a file it is sometimes useful to KNOW which provider (e.g. PRIMEWIRE SOLARMOVIE/OPENLOAD, CDN) the file came from...helps when looking for 720 versions (when 720 does NOT always indicate from the results on the screen). Is it possible to WRITE this information e.g. SHOWTIME|CDN into the file name ??

Cheers,

D

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis Reborn - a couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 03:06:37 pm »
Context menus can be activated several different ways

The "C" key on a keyboard
  The mouse's RIGHT click
  A long press of the ENTER Key
  The mouse's long press of the LEFT Click
  On a touch screen a long press on a menu item (like a Movie name)

There probably are more that I can't recall

When you have the list of each episode displayed you can then activate the context menu on the episode you desire marked as watched in trakt.

As for file names...No. A) you're not presented with an option to name a file when you download it. B) Since you can't name it then you would have o get all those sites to go along with a standardized method of naming the files. That's not going o happen. YOU can rename the file when downloading is completed.

I try playing a file prior to downloading it. If it is what it says it is then I stop the play and start a download.

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 06:36:57 pm »
If you change the name of a file or its containing folders, meta data may not present and tracking may not operate.  This is fine for "throwaway" files but not ones you will want to add to your library.

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 08:57:19 am »
If you change the name of a file or its containing folders, meta data may not present and tracking may not operate.  This is fine for "throwaway" files but not ones you will want to add to your library.

Change file name using your OS THEN add them to your library. Just make your download folder in all the addons a folder that is not in your library. You can use the same folder for all the addons that can download files. I send all mine, for example, to a folder on my NAS that is not included in Kodi's library. I rename it the way I want it and then cut and paste it to the proper Kodi library folder and then update the Kodi library. Might be a little extra work, but I get it the way I want.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 09:02:05 am by flhthemi »