KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Help me chose a kodi builds that allows download to local file system

opale7000

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hello Kodi fans

Please Help me chose a kodi builds that allows download to local file system if such a thing is available.

Dgl0497

• +0/-0
  • Live high, Die Happy
    • View Profile
Re: Help me chose a kodi builds that allows download to local file system
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 09:26:16 am »
Hi opale7000,
In my opinion using "builds" is the wrong way to go about using KODI as they are often full of useless/broken addons and dont always provide addons with the latest updates.
The best way i have found is to decide on what you want from KODI e.g. Stream media, play games ect.
Once you know what you want a quick google search will show you the best current addons that provide that service. E.g. Best kodi addons for streaming 2018.
After you have decided on the addon you want download the official repository of the developer who maintains it as this will have the current edition and will receive updates.
I use Neptune rising and Placenta to download media and both of these addons can be found in the Blamo repo.
Once you have them installed you want to open them and go to the tools section. 
Click on "Playback" and make sure the option box is set to "Directory".
After this go down to the downloads section (still in tools) and enable downloads.
There will be space underneath for you to select a location to save movies and tv shows.
Click on the space under "movies" and select the location you wish the files to save too and repeat for "TV Shows"
(Note: Android devices often have trouble saving directly from the addon to external storage)

Hope this has been of some help to you and good luck with it,
Dgl0497

hatrix

• +33/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
Re: Help me chose a kodi builds that allows download to local file system
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 12:04:53 pm »
i don't believe it matters what build you use. Being able to download to local should be an option in most addons.