KodiTips Forums

Smash repo for Exodus not working

icpryde

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Smash repo for Exodus not working
« on: June 27, 2017, 12:03:27 pm »
I'm trying to install the latest exodus with the smash repo and it worked early yesterday but than tonight I tried setting it up on my other device and I keep getting "cannot connect to repository".

Is t currently down?

hatrix

• +12/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
Re: Smash repo for Exodus not working
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 12:18:04 pm »
smash is having issues with his server. he just tweeted that hes going back and forth with support and hopefully it will be back up soon

D@Cod3r

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 06:21:10 pm »
I just heard it was a DDoS attack on the server but it's supposed to be back up now. Can't keep us down, we will always pick up where we left off. ✊️

harmonyjim

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 07:06:49 pm »
I just heard it was a DDoS attack on the server but it's supposed to be back up now. Can't keep us down, we will always pick up where we left off. ✊️

I tried to add the source at 7 pm edt. No luck.

D@Cod3r

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 07:24:08 pm »
That's the way a DDoS attack works, a systems gets flooded with so much traffic that it affects the network bandwidth, and legitimate users can't access the network. It only lasts usually 20 minutes or so, and then another attack can be initiated. The post I seen the user had accessed the repo, so it must've been at a time in between attacks.

I apologize for jumping the gun 🔫

Hopefully they trace back to the culprit machines; the biggest DDoS in American history was last year and it took down most of the DNS infrastructure in the states and Europe, affecting numerous sites.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:31:29 pm by D@Cod3r »