KodiTips Forums

Force updates? How???

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
Force updates? How???
« on: June 27, 2017, 03:03:24 pm »
I know alot about Kodi, but don't know enough!! Would someone please explain to me how to force update an addon????

Thanks

TonyH

• +15/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Force updates? How???
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 03:14:28 pm »
I personally go to settings/addons/my addons/video addons
Highlight your addon and press 'c' on computer, hamburger button on amazon devices, go to information, then select update.
The easier way is probably video tab/addons, highlight your addon and either press c or hamburger options button, information, update.

Hope that's not too confusing, let us know if you get it

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 03:24:04 pm »
I personally go to settings/addons/my addons/video addons
Highlight your addon and press 'c' on computer, hamburger button on amazon devices, go to information, then select update.
The easier way is probably video tab/addons, highlight your addon and either press c or hamburger options button, information, update.

Hope that's not too confusing, let us know if you get it
Ok thanks will do!!

Leviathan

• +6/-3
  • Mysterious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 02:33:17 pm »
I know alot about Kodi, but don't know enough!! Would someone please explain to me how to force update an addon????

Thanks

There is no "Force update", there is update and update alone, you find this under the plugin  information, depending on device it's right clicking the plugin and go to information.

In the information dialog is a update button that will attempt to update the plugin from it's listed repository.

If the plugin exists in other respositories installed on your box, kodi will display the repository and what version it has if you want to tell it to update it from that one instead.

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 02:51:51 pm »

Thanks

There is no "Force update", there is update and update alone, you find this under the plugin  information, depending on device it's right clicking the plugin and go to information.

In the information dialog is a update button that will attempt to update the plugin from it's listed repository.

If the plugin exists in other respositories installed on your box, kodi will display the repository and what version it has if you want to tell it to update it from that one instead.

Now thats how I've updated stuff before.
Thanks

RodgerB

• +14/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 08:47:09 am »
There is a force update in The Community Repo maintenance. What is the usefulness? Who knows?