KodiTips Forums

Indiago replacement

buff54

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Indiago replacement
« on: June 29, 2017, 06:56:54 pm »
what's up everyone! was just wondering what the community recommends replacing indiago with? just looking for something to clear cache and check log if needed

Thanks!

D@Cod3r

• +8/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Indiago replacement
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 07:01:22 pm »
The Ares Wizard will do the same stuff that indigo used to do 👍

buff54

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 07:04:55 pm »
The Ares Wizard will do the same stuff that indigo used to do 👍

Thanks. checking it out now

hatrix

• +19/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 08:52:31 pm »
As buff said ares would be the most similar. I highly recommend learning how to install add-ons and repos yourself. It'll unlock all kinds of new stuff. Read through the forums and koditips page and try some stuff out on your own.

D@Cod3r

• +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 09:51:23 am »
Agreed hatrix, there's a feeling of accomplishment after installing an addon, resolving an issue for yourself after research. That's why I got into IT, it's the challenge of making something works yourself, even if you have to ask questions. That's how you get experience with similar issues.

Leviathan

• +6/-3
  • Mysterious
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 10:43:14 am »
Best staying away from wizards and installers for now, they will just give you more headaches then they're worth with links constantly going down.

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 10:51:00 am »
You can also clear the cache in kodi settings, and install log viewer from the kodi repository.

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 10:53:16 am »
Best staying away from wizards and installers for now, they will just give you more headaches then they're worth with links constantly going down.

So it's best to uninstall Ares wizard and if I do will it also uninstall the Ares addons? I actually don't use them anyway...

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 12:21:32 pm »
I would not uninstall ares wizard. They keep their repo pretty up to date.

Chinrest

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 01:44:45 pm »
You can also clear the cache in kodi settings, and install log viewer from the kodi repository.

I wondered if this was possible, now that indigo is no more a maintenance add on would be handy. I've installed bubkodi, noobs and smash but wasn't sure if Ares is worth it just for maintenance tool?

Leviathan

• +6/-3
  • Mysterious
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2017, 03:23:58 pm »

So it's best to uninstall Ares wizard and if I do will it also uninstall the Ares addons? I actually don't use them anyway...

yes, you don't need the wizard, just the repo, the wizard is just that, a startup wizard, you don't need it anymore.