KodiTips Forums

Exodus not working

Exodus not working
« on: July 03, 2017, 03:33:27 pm »
Hello my Exodus is not working it keeps freezing
 I tried updating exodus according to instructions from your web page. I get this message ....Add on is incompatible or has been marked broken in repository. Dependencies not met. Contact add-on author.  Help!

Leviathan

• +6/-3
  • Mysterious
    • View Profile
Re: Exodus not working
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 03:57:26 pm »
Hello my Exodus is not working it keeps freezing
 I tried updating exodus according to instructions from your web page. I get this message ....Add on is incompatible or has been marked broken in repository. Dependencies not met. Contact add-on author.  Help!

and what version of kodi are you using and did you install the dependencies that the exodus plugin requires?

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 04:15:26 pm »
I am using V16.1 Jarvis and I don't know anything about dependencies  I just found the help page and tried updating Exodus as per those instructions

Dave_

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 05:26:55 am »
From Smash installation, the Exodus files should automatically update, you may not get the latest version though, but as up to date as your system allows.

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 07:01:43 pm »
The smash repo has been up and down, going through some maintenance. The repo was updated today. You should try to install from there again. Let us know how it works

Bombardier

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 03:38:25 am »
I just installed Exodus on my Kodi 16.1 from smash repo and it still freezes. When I click on some movie to get links then it freezes and I have to unplug my device (Rpi2).

Leviathan

• +6/-3
  • Mysterious
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 11:37:54 pm »
I just installed Exodus on my Kodi 16.1 from smash repo and it still freezes. When I click on some movie to get links then it freezes and I have to unplug my device (Rpi2).

16.x.x kodi branch cannot play HTTPS streams so will run into a lot of issues.

updating to 17.x.x is advised.

Buzz Marshall

• +16/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 09:00:22 pm »
Jarvis will work but kodi needs to be built with ssl enabled... googles download of Jarvis isn't built with it, but depending on what box your using their maybe version versions built with ssl compiled in... assuming your working on a android box...

currently i'm streaming on exodus using hd links ( ive filtered out everything lower then hd) and haven't had any issues finding things to watch, i do notice a few file lockers that are not currently working tho... same goes for speckto, mavericks and most others...

If your going to follow the suggested fixes supported here or on links from here then as Levithon hints at i'd upgrade Kodi so those fixes will work...

Bombardier

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 04:27:31 am »
I would upgrade on Kodi 17 but I won't because BBC works on 16. So when you say "Jarvis will work but kodi needs to be built with ssl enabled..." what does that mean? I am on Raspberry Pi 2.

Leviathan

• +6/-3
  • Mysterious
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 08:49:41 am »
I would upgrade on Kodi 17 but I won't because BBC works on 16. So when you say "Jarvis will work but kodi needs to be built with ssl enabled..." what does that mean? I am on Raspberry Pi 2.

bbc works on quite a few plugins?

but most streams will become secure socket layered and 16 will become deprecated.

not sure if beardys tvcatchup plugin works on 16, but you can always try.

https://github.com/beardypig/repository.beardypig.plugins/releases