KodiTips Forums

Exodus Add-on Discussion

Admin

• +27/-0
    • View Profile
    • Kodi Tips
Exodus Add-on Discussion
« on: June 18, 2017, 09:34:37 pm »
Discuss the Kodi Exodus add-on below including questions, comments, requested features, and other areas of discussion.

RodgerB

• +18/-6
    • View Profile
Re: Exodus Add-on Discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 11:25:04 pm »
With other addons using the Exodus format, it's hard to discuss it as being unique. Just another face in the crowd.

Veclinux

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 05:24:38 am »
Folks try Elysium in the noobsandnerds repo same format and everything works

Cheers
Vec

Admin

• +27/-0
    • View Profile
    • Kodi Tips
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 08:53:12 am »
Brand new Exodus update, v3.1.17 is out: http://koditips.com/exodus-kodi-addon-lambda-install-guide/

Often imitated, hard to duplicate.

Download the latest Exodus Repo 3.0 by going here: https://t.co/0dJKwdCMq0. To download, click the “free user, slow download” button twice and save it somewhere you can access from Kodi.
Go back to your Home Screen and then to SYSTEM > Add-Ons > Install from Zip File and select the repository.exodus zip file you download above. Wait for the Add-on enabled notification
Select Get Add-Ons or Install from Repository (on Isengard or higher) > Exodus Add-on repository > Video Add-ons > Exodus > Install
Wait for Add-on enabled notification

KodiTVBox

• +0/-0
  • Kodi for 
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 11:06:47 am »
Why not just putting the ZIP file on KT servers? isn't it easier for users to install and good promotion of KT?

trying to avoid copyright issues here? ;)

tony

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 11:48:38 am »
installed the new repo, but now everything in exodus says error, check the log for more information....

steve43

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 01:06:36 pm »
Make sure you delete exodus and exodus repo, then do a fresh install of Exodus v3.1.17.
Authorize trakt again, and then in tools clear cache and clear providers
Hope this helps, cheers

PrizFindr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 01:17:13 pm »
Make sure you delete exodus and exodus repo, then do a fresh install of Exodus v3.1.17.
Authorize trakt again, and then in tools clear cache and clear providers
Hope this helps, cheers

FYI - I didn't find this to be necessary. Just downloaded the new Repo and followed the other instructions and it worked like a charm. That said, would be nice if the Repo was accessible directly from Kodi rather than having to download externally and then access.

tony

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 01:28:32 pm »
thanks for the tips. i have tried these things and i got it working on my 17.3 box, but cant seem to get it working on my 16.1 box. does anyone happen to know if this update is only compatible with 17.3 by any chance?

KoLSMS

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 01:44:52 pm »
Hello,

only change in the 3.1.17 Update is the search fix, no other changes! The changelog says that german providers are fixed but i have tested it, and thats not true!!!

Who is the background of the new Update providing to us?

Deggsy56

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 02:28:52 pm »
Where do we input Real Debrid details for exodus now then? Tx

D@Cod3r

• +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 04:09:00 pm »
I installed the new Exodus repo and everything is working great. I got my Trakt account authorized also. Keep up the great work devs, even though you are always top notch ;)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:39:04 pm by D@Cod3r »

flhthemi

• +8/-0
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 05:13:21 pm »
All I get from the Exodus repo after installation is "Can't Connect To Repo" did it go down already?

hatrix

• +19/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2017, 05:17:02 pm »
All I get from the Exodus repo after installation is "Can't Connect To Repo" did it go down already?

did you remove the old repo and install the newest?
i just double checked and i was able to get the repo up.

MacPhisto

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2017, 05:24:32 pm »
Where do we input Real Debrid details for exodus now then? Tx

Unless it has changed with this update, it was always done in the URLResolver. Not directly in Exodus itself. There are detailed instructions on the koditips website.

Here is a copy and pasted instruction from the website.

From the Kodi main menu, navigate to SYSTEM > Add-ons > SYSTEM > Dependencies > URLResolver > Configure.
-In the URLResolver Configure window, scroll over to the Universal Resolvers tab.

-Scroll down to realdebrid and toggle on the Enabled and Ask for Authorization When Needed boxes.       Also, change the Priority to 90 to ensure that your real-debrid links will appear first.

-When you are done, click OK to save settings and return to the main menu.

-The first time you select a real-debrid link (in SALTs for example), you will be prompted with instructions for authorizing Real-Debrid on Kodi. It will give you a URL address to visit on your computer and a code. When you enter this code and then your Real-Debrid username and password when prompted, your Kodi video will automatically start playing and your premium Real-Debrid account will be associated with your Kodi settings.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 06:37:46 pm by MacPhisto »

Citygirl32

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 06:34:53 pm »
I followed the instructions posted by kodi tips and manually downloaded the zip files.  Both exodus and salts were automatically updated. I did not have to Uninstall the addon or delete the fusion repo. Everything worked like a charm  thanks kodi tips!!!  You're a lifesaver.  I don't know whti would've done without your posts.

Edited to add:  trakt issues aren't 100% fixed.  I can't access my trakt collection.  Everything else is working.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 07:05:56 pm by Citygirl32 »

flhthemi

• +8/-0
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2017, 06:43:24 pm »

did you remove the old repo and install the newest?
i just double checked and i was able to get the repo up.

I sure did. Removed the old exodus repo and the old addon and the folder for it in the userdata folder before installing the new repo.

EDIT: Must have been the repo was down...it's working now got ALL the updates.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 06:56:04 pm by flhthemi »

MacPhisto

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2017, 07:58:45 pm »
Does anyone else have 'The Daily Show' in their Trakt collection? I used to watch it all the time in Salts, but since it went down the other day I have been using Exodus. But I've always had trouble with that show in my Trakt collection in Exodus. It never comes up in my episode list, and if I manually search for it, it can never find a stream, even older episodes. But it's just this one show which I just find bizarre more then anything. Worked everyday finding new episodes and streams in Salts.

abbaskip

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2017, 12:05:16 am »
This worked perfectly for me. I didn't have to uninstall anything. I just installed the new repo, which saved over the old one (said it updated), then updated Exodus an all working perfectly.

On 3.1.18 now too.

Joeg8385

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2017, 12:31:39 am »
Since the update to 3.1.17 or 3.1.18 it no longer shows real debrid links. What happend? Real debrid working everywhere else.

abbaskip

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2017, 01:09:46 am »
Since the update to 3.1.17 or 3.1.18 it no longer shows real debrid links. What happend? Real debrid working everywhere else.
That's strange, mine definitely does. Maybe try removing and readding RD?

Joeg8385

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2017, 01:17:03 am »
What version are you running??? Mine still nothing with real debrid

Joeg8385

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2017, 01:34:43 am »
That's strange, mine definitely does. Maybe try removing and readding RD?

Tried it again and it worked!!! Re activated real debrid twice for it to happen. Thanks man!!!

kct

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2017, 02:33:12 am »
Hello,

I have very big problem with Exodus since I updated to v.3.1.17 from the zip file you provided!

With v.3.1.15 (latest official version) I had no contact with trakt.tv, but at least I was able to search for a movie / tv series and watch it.

With v.3.1.17 I am connected with trakt.tv, but when I choose an episode / movie immediately I get an error message instead of a list of providers / links. It seems that now Exodus cannot search for any source!!!

I tried to completely uninstall Exodus and delete all the related directories and then have a clean install of Exodus from scratch. Unfortunately the result is the same!!!

I am running kodi 16.1 on an Android TV Box.

Any advise? How can I have back my Exodus?

And some related questions...

1. Exodus v.3.1.17 is an official version from the team that created Exodus or somebody from koditips released it unofficially?
2. Is there any possibility to make v.3.1.17 work or I have to go back to the official v.3.1.15 without trakt.tv support?
3. Where can I find the official v.3.1.15 of Exodus now that TVaddons closed?

Thank you in advance,
KcT

StewieW

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2017, 03:20:45 am »
I'm using SPMC 16.6 on Android.  I uninstalled Exodus add-on and repo then installed the new Exodus 3.0 repo and then Exodus 3.1.18.

I reactivated my Trakt account and that issue seems to be resolved.

However, I have cleared the cache but it comes back with an error when I try to clear providers.  It also returns an error when I try to watch anything.

It's as a file or something is missing from the install that allows it to scrape providers to find a link.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Lara-X

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2017, 11:01:45 am »
Hi there, thank you for reading. I am trying to install the latest version of the exodus repo v3.0 I can only seem to find direct links to the download as appose to typing the url in the add source box on kodi so this is a new method for me. I am using a second generation firestick and kodi 17.3. So i tried to use the downloader app on my firestick to download the repo from the koditips website and made a note of where it had saved. Then when i go into kodi/install from zip file and navigate to where it should be which it told me was sd card/downloader it simply isn't there. Now I'm not an expert by any means but i have gotten pretty good at this and can usually figure it out on my own but this time i really am stumped. Can anyone help please?

nahidl

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2017, 11:41:50 am »
Hi there, thank you for reading. I am trying to install the latest version of the exodus repo v3.0 I can only seem to find direct links to the download as appose to typing the url in the add source box on kodi so this is a new method for me. I am using a second generation firestick and kodi 17.3. So i tried to use the downloader app on my firestick to download the repo from the koditips website and made a note of where it had saved. Then when i go into kodi/install from zip file and navigate to where it should be which it told me was sd card/downloader it simply isn't there. Now I'm not an expert by any means but i have gotten pretty good at this and can usually figure it out on my own but this time i really am stumped. Can anyone help please?

If you used downloader to download the file you should be notified that the file has been saved to the "Downloader" folder. To access the file go to "Install from zip" under addon settings. Then select "external Source" or something like that and you should see the file structure on your firestick. Select the "downloader" folder and then select the exodus repo zip. The repo should then be installed.

Hopefully that works for you!

Lara-X

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2017, 12:07:18 pm »

If you used downloader to download the file you should be notified that the file has been saved to the "Downloader" folder. To access the file go to "Install from zip" under addon settings. Then select "external Source" or something like that and you should see the file structure on your firestick. Select the "downloader" folder and then select the exodus repo zip. The repo should then be installed.

Hopefully that works for you!
[/quote]

Unfortunately not no, that's what I've already tried. When it downloaded i made of note of where it had saved sd card/downloader and then navigated to that place on kodi and there was nothing there!!

nahidl

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2017, 12:48:18 pm »

Unfortunately not no, that's what I've already tried. When it downloaded i made of note of where it had saved sd card/downloader and then navigated to that place on kodi and there was nothing there!!

When Downloader finished downloading the file did you get a popup with 3 options (I think they are open, delete and a last one that closes the popup dialog). To verify if the file did download within Downloader I there is an option on the left that says "Files" make sure that the zip file is listed there. If it isn't that means the file did not download successfully.

fishbill

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2017, 12:49:16 pm »
I like Exodus, but still hate that nothing is in alphabetical order.