KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Exodus Add-on Discussion

hatrix

• +34/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
Re: Exodus Add-on Discussion
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2017, 11:08:22 pm »
You could also make the jump to Covenant...

Some other options: Picasso, skynet, supremacy

ttown

« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2017, 11:13:21 pm »
Quote from: Dsotm link=topic=2.msg2018#msg2018 lookdate=1500600096
Not sure if this has been asked. 

I use to get a lot of Gvideos for tv shows before Tv Adonis went away, now I very rarely get any Gvideo sources.  I have a very hard time finding a good source now.

g(oogle)video links are regularly removed by Google for copyright issues, so they are good while they last, but don't last forever ... all you can do is clear providers in the tools section of the addon, on your end, or try a different add-on that scrape different providers/hosts

When searching movies I still see a lot of Gvids, tv shows doesn't seem to pull any Gvids

that's what scraper add-ons do they scrape only what's available from sites or hosted by providers, nothing is guaranteed with them, it's not like playlist add-ons where they upload content directly to the add-on

... host links were updated by ColdFire recently, otherwise it's mute point, he's casually fixing it, as needed, but there are other addons being actively maintained and offering addon support, so you get what you get on Exodus, like all 3rd party add-ons, love it or leave it, plenty of other options if you're not satisfied with results

Cool thx.  Since tva is gone exodus has been pretty shitty for me.  I've had real good luck with Elysium until today.  I saw your post in the Elysium thread and asked my question at NaN.

Thx

if you like scraper style add-ons try: *Boxset Kings and Poseidon from Soulless
*Flixnet, Showbox Arize and Genesis Reborn from JesusBox (yes it's cut-n-paste code but he's maintaining it)
*Alluc (requires free subscription credentials)
*Duckpool (originally iStream)
*Tinkelpad (from JSergio who maintains important dependencies like URLresolver)
*Universe (new dev, but getting help/tips from NaN team to improve add-on)

ttown

« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2017, 11:18:14 pm »

are you getting good results in Picasso without RealDebrid? I heard it relies heavily on RD, even though it's not required ... and SkyNet, last thing I heard SilentHunter section was pulled for maintenance, is it back up?

hatrix

• +34/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2017, 11:22:56 pm »

are you getting good results in Picasso without RealDebrid? I heard it relies heavily on RD, even though it's not required ... and SkyNet, last thing I heard SilentHunter section was pulled for maintenance, is it back up?
I have RD so I'm not sure :/. As for skynet, there's alot more than just silent hunter and I've watched plenty through it.  I've actually found supremacy and covenant are my go to add-ons now.

Dsotm

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2017, 11:24:36 pm »

Covenant is the new exodus which is apart of the Colossus repo which is the old Tv addons correct?

hatrix

• +34/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2017, 11:27:32 pm »

Covenant is the new exodus which is apart of the Colossus repo which is the old Tv addons correct?
correct it is the new exodus with continuous development, and in the colossal repo. It is not affiliated with tva though

Dsotm

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2017, 11:41:23 pm »

correct it is the new exodus with continuous development, and in the colossal repo. It is not affiliated with tva though

Where would I find tutorial to install Colossus repo and there addons ?

hatrix

• +34/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2017, 11:43:48 pm »

Where would I find tutorial to install Colossus repo and there addons ?
http://koditips.com/install-colossus-kodi-repo/
That's the guide.
Or if you know how to install a repo from a zip, here is the url www.mediarepos.net/tco

Dsotm

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2017, 12:59:22 am »
alot of the sources I get when I click on them I get a pop up asking me pair my device.  I've never done this, is this free to do or is there a fee?  Waaaaaay too many of my sources ask me this and the few that don't do not stream very well, they buffer a lot.  I have a fabulous internet speeds so the buffering is very frustrating. 

Are the sources that ask to be paired a better source?

hatrix

• +34/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2017, 01:02:35 am »
alot of the sources I get when I click on them I get a pop up asking me pair my device.  I've never done this, is this free to do or is there a fee?  Waaaaaay too many of my sources ask me this and the few that don't do not stream very well, they buffer a lot.  I have a fabulous internet speeds so the buffering is very frustrating. 

pairing is free,easy, and normal to do. Sure its a hassle but it will definitely give you better streams.

Dsotm

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2017, 01:09:34 am »

pairing is free,easy, and normal to do. Sure its a hassle but it will definitely give you better streams.

How do I do it, I have a android box.

Sorry for all the noob questions.

hatrix

• +34/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2017, 01:12:33 am »

one of the ways i usually do it on an android box is as soon as the pair thing pops up, i hit the home button, open the browser, go to the pair link, follow the instructions, then once paired pop kodi back open. works for me

ttown

« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2017, 01:34:44 am »

free pairing lasts 4 hours per host, pop-up will have site address labelled ... with Real Debrid, no pairing necessary when authorized properly

ttown

« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2017, 01:36:58 am »
Colossal/Colossus' Covenant add-on is a Exodus fork, almost all scraper add-ons are based off Lambda's original code work

flhthemi

• +22/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2017, 09:36:20 am »

Another way to pair is to use a different device. You can pair from any devices on the same network as your Kodi device.
I use my phone and a browser. I made a bookmark on my phone's home screen for the site used to pair. Makes life much easier. If you do it from a PC make sure you use a browser that has ad blocking turned ON. I use Firefox on the PC for this and also have a bookmark for pairing there as well.

Dsotm

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2017, 05:54:47 pm »

Another way to pair is to use a different device. You can pair from any devices on the same network as your Kodi device.
I use my phone and a browser. I made a bookmark on my phone's home screen for the site used to pair. Makes life much easier. If you do it from a PC make sure you use a browser that has ad blocking turned ON. I use Firefox on the PC for this and also have a bookmark for pairing there as well.

Does a person need to create a account on the websites that ask me to pair a device?

hatrix

• +34/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2017, 06:03:50 pm »

Does a person need to create a account on the websites that ask me to pair a device?
Nope

Caprica

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2017, 12:48:22 am »
When you click on a movie link and right click on the mouse, you get a popup menu. When you click on Watched in Exodus, where does that information go?

Scottyj11

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2017, 03:39:47 am »
I am having troubles with Exodus. I live in Australia and am using an NVIDIA Shield Android TV box. I have reliable, fast internet (~2.8MBPS).

I have found many sources do not work during prime time (6-9pm). When opening a source it is frozen at the beginning with the buffer icon stuck at 0%. The exact same sources work fine in the middle of the day. Other sources (eg Netflix app) will stream perfectly in the evening, so it could not be local ISP speeds. I have tried streaming using a VPN (IPVanish) to test if the sources are being throttled by my ISP and the same issue occurs (VPN does not help).

I have increased the buffer cache with Ares Wizard. Does not help.

I am not sure what else I can do? Any ideas?

broknsymetry

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 12, 2017, 07:31:02 pm »
I am having troubles with Exodus. I live in Australia and am using an NVIDIA Shield Android TV box. I have reliable, fast internet (~2.8MBPS).

I have found many sources do not work during prime time (6-9pm). When opening a source it is frozen at the beginning with the buffer icon stuck at 0%. The exact same sources work fine in the middle of the day. Other sources (eg Netflix app) will stream perfectly in the evening, so it could not be local ISP speeds. I have tried streaming using a VPN (IPVanish) to test if the sources are being throttled by my ISP and the same issue occurs (VPN does not help).

I have increased the buffer cache with Ares Wizard. Does not help.

Since it works in the middle of the day then your problem is not Exodus.  During prime time the sources you are using are being accessed by more clients which stresses them.  The Netflix app uses their own servers which have plenty of bandwidth because they have plenty of money.  Try to use sources that many others do not use like those requiring pairing or those from premium sources.

sarah

• +10/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2017, 02:20:55 am »
I think your 2.8mbps is not good enough and you may have server overload.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 02:23:24 am by sarah »

EdT

• +5/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2017, 02:38:02 pm »

You need a minimum of at least 3MBps to stream in theory and even then 6Mbps is the bare minimum in real world conditions !

Harsh 2010

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2017, 07:48:27 pm »
Covenant is new add-on like Exodus I think but I tried most streams were giving me problems

markhascole

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 11, 2017, 02:40:53 am »
I an using covenant instead of exodus . It's the replacement for exodus. If you really want exodus you will find it if you follow this guide I recently found for a live TV addon: https://goo.gl/1pG6KM
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 02:42:24 am by markhascole »

TonyH

• +41/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2017, 06:39:30 pm »
🖕🏼

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2017, 10:32:07 pm »
why is anyone even messing with exodus in light of whats gone on... why not just stick whats at least considered safe and working...

syedbasha1f

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 20, 2017, 05:07:09 pm »
Kodi Krypton 17 Add-ons is one of the first and best Exoduses, which users install for the better reason of streaming. Exodus gives the unrivaled library of the most popular movies and TV shows to you. In the Kodi Media Center Platform, Exodus is one of the amazing add-ons, and it is a third party add-on. Hence, it is not affiliated with the team of Kodi.Install Exodus on Kodi