KodiTips Forums

Foreign Languages

pops

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
Foreign Languages
« on: July 05, 2017, 09:54:41 pm »
I've been trying to get some non-English (German, Danish, Italian, Japanese) language videos to play on Kodi using Exodus, Specto, etc.  I.e., Tatort (Scene of the Crime) is a long running German crime TV drama.  While I can bring up episodes menu, nothing plays and I get "no streams available".  Same for the others, except I did get Montalbano (IT) to play.  Since it seems these addons do not want to use the German providers, do I need to turn off non-German providers?  Or do I need to change some language preference every time I wish to change language?

Leviathan

• +6/-3
  • Mysterious
    • View Profile
Re: Foreign Languages
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 08:08:15 am »
I've been trying to get some non-English (German, Danish, Italian, Japanese) language videos to play on Kodi using Exodus, Specto, etc.  I.e., Tatort (Scene of the Crime) is a long running German crime TV drama.  While I can bring up episodes menu, nothing plays and I get "no streams available".  Same for the others, except I did get Montalbano (IT) to play.  Since it seems these addons do not want to use the German providers, do I need to turn off non-German providers?  Or do I need to change some language preference every time I wish to change language?

The sad truth is most localized tv shows never get uploaded to these host sites by their locals (ie: germans in this account) so while it's listed, nobody actually uploads the series online because they get it on their local tv. this is the same for british and other country local shows also, and only the most common us shows make it to the hosts.

pops

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 02:25:09 pm »

The sad truth is most localized tv shows never get uploaded to these host sites by their locals (ie: germans in this account) so while it's listed, nobody actually uploads the series online because they get it on their local tv. this is the same for british and other country local shows also, and only the most common us shows make it to the hosts.

Thanks.  That answers part of my question.  And don't get me wrong.  I can view Tatort episodes.  But just not on Exodus, et al.  I use a German addon.  This still leaves questions: Are all of the German providers on Exodus not able to show Tatort?  Or does Exodus not call up their German providers?  Are Exodus German providers empty shells?

Leviathan

• +6/-3
  • Mysterious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 05:59:29 pm »

Thanks.  That answers part of my question.  And don't get me wrong.  I can view Tatort episodes.  But just not on Exodus, et al.  I use a German addon.  This still leaves questions: Are all of the German providers on Exodus not able to show Tatort?  Or does Exodus not call up their German providers?  Are Exodus German providers empty shells?

I'd imagine if the german providers have the show on their web page but exodus is not getting them then the german providers scraper/url resolver is broken in exodus/urlresolver and needs to be fixed.

pops

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 02:15:06 pm »
Interesting thing happened when I experimented using Genesis Reborn.  I changed language setting to "German + English".  Subtitles were enabled.  I selected an episode of popular USA crime drama.  It showed successfully in HD, English subs, and dubbed in German.  Switching back to English language only, same episode, I got no HD, English subs, and English spoken.  Sehr interessant! 
BTW I retested a very popular German TV series using Genesis Reborn.  I got a complete list (30+ years) of episodes, but after trying 10+ episodes over several years, no luck, no streams available.