KodiTips Forums

Trying to build

Carltron

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Trying to build
« on: July 06, 2017, 03:08:39 am »
Hi guys...im looking for some help or suggestions...I have been trying to kind of make my own customized kodi but everytime i get several hours in I start to have problems with addons stopping working... Im not changing anything to do with the addons but they just cease to work and some of them even disappear...could someone give me advice on what might be happening and how to fix it. Im using windows 10 and using krypton 17.3 and jave been using a few different skins ie Aeon Nox both modded and plain and Chroma...cheers in advance

Leviathan

• +6/-3
  • Mysterious
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to build
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 08:03:37 am »
Hi guys...im looking for some help or suggestions...I have been trying to kind of make my own customized kodi but everytime i get several hours in I start to have problems with addons stopping working... Im not changing anything to do with the addons but they just cease to work and some of them even disappear...could someone give me advice on what might be happening and how to fix it. Im using windows 10 and using krypton 17.3 and jave been using a few different skins ie Aeon Nox both modded and plain and Chroma...cheers in advance

what file or settings are you trying to mod?

Buzz Marshall

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to build
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 04:15:54 pm »
I don't use builds but if the issues your having are skin related i'd take a quess and say it may have to do with...

If things are there in one skin and gone after having installed a different skin and then moving back to the 1st skin it may be because of remnants from the unused skin that have overwritten or altered some settings in the various xml files of the 1st skin... Even tho Krypton skins are getting better i still run across a few skins that were messing with things here and there when moving from one skin to another as compared to the older Jarvis or Isengard ones...

If thats the case then i would change back to the generic skin and before starting kodi go into its directory and toss out the skin directory for the one that stopped working right and then when starting kodi back up go and re-install that skin again and see if that helps... i have had working skins not work quite right after changing back to them from a different skin i had installed and unless you want to spend hours and alot of time trying to find the changes in the xml files its just easier to reinstall the skin... on a linux box its easy to use a tool to do a compare and diff to find the changes from a before and after but your using winblows so i'm not sure whats built into it to accomplish that without adding a 3rd party program...

If its something else to do with builds, hopefully Leviathon or someone can help sort you out...