KodiTips Forums

need help please

bigredlions

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
need help please
« on: June 19, 2017, 04:11:14 pm »
I reset my ms8-II back to factory setting and none of my add-on would work. I either get an 'add-on error' or 'source not found"
My android tablet running 17.1 still works fine so I backed up my tablet Kodi. Installed 17.1 on my MS8-II and restored with tablet backup hoping that would work. It has come very close. I get right to the part where I select a source to stream from then a message flashes on the screen so fast I can't read it and it's back at list of sources.
If anyone has an idea what I'm doing wrong, I'd really appreciate any help. I've tried so many different things

Vicrattlehead

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: need help please
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 04:17:58 pm »
Have you tried going to 17.3?
Also check your Internet connection make sure it is working.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 04:26:59 pm by Vicrattlehead »

MacPhisto

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 05:09:31 pm »
Could just come down to the issues with tvaddons if you are using a lot of their addons and the fusion repo.
I'm not sure why but I have noticed that people that have wiped their systems and did a factory reset all of a sudden have trouble connecting to the repos and therefore the addons. Where as people that have left their systems as is, have for the most part are still able to stay connected to the repository.
I could be wrong but just my observation.

hatrix

• +27/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 05:12:45 pm »
might be best to fresh install and use ares if you want to get set back up fast.

kjerome153

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 11:42:34 pm »
I would recommend that you do a Google and YouTube search on "how to FRESH START" my Kodi" (just an example). There is a way to do it using "INDIGO".  Hope this help you!  GOOD LUCK!