KodiTips Forums

Rss feed help

Ashleyj1980

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Rss feed help
« on: July 07, 2017, 07:37:06 am »
Hello there again. A week on the forum and I'm already becoming a pain!!  😂. I've been using the new Fuse Neue skin for about 2 weeks on my build, but I can't seem to get the Rss feed working on it. I've added the relevant url details in the Rss section, enabled it. But nothing. It's quite annoying as I use it to let anyone using the build that there is an update available. One of my family members still uses my build from a few months ago which uses the Aeon nox skin and she was still getting my updated feed.

Hope there's a simple fix.
Many thanks 👍😉

Buzz Marshall

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Rss feed help
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 03:16:59 pm »
generally speaking the RssFeeds.xml file resides in the Userdata directorys root, you should be able to make your edits to that file and if one doesn't exist create it and put your edits in it...

depends on the system your using but generally kodi's compiled to use what ever files are in the Userdata directory to override any versions of the file that may exist in other kodi locations...

usually things like advancedsettings or rssfeeds and a few other xml files will get picked up by kodi and use them rather then the existing versions of those files installed with kodi's installer..

Ashleyj1980

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Rss feed help
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 06:15:44 pm »
That's what I've been doing, adding my Rss.xml into my userdata as I've always done but nothing. Just a bit annoying. Hoping the Ares wizard guys get the notification of build update sorted that way I can do without using the Rss feed!
Thanks for replying appreciate it.