KodiTips Forums

No Kodi version will parse

Rop

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
No Kodi version will parse
« on: July 08, 2017, 04:39:56 pm »
hello, i have an android box, 4.4.2 version which wont parse any kodi version.. we re looking for an app that can go on our box and need a step by step installation guide. If anyone can help us..  :-[

EdT

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
Re: No Kodi version will parse
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 05:56:32 pm »
Do a factory reset of your box and then reinstall Kodi.

northernga1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 08:05:28 am »
hello, i have an android box, 4.4.2 version which wont parse any kodi version.. we re looking for an app that can go on our box and need a step by step installation guide. If anyone can help us..  :-[

try loading a fork of kodi instead try this one and see if it will install - save the file to a zip stick and insert into your android box
http://www.apkmonk.com/download-app/org.xbmc.cemc/2_org.xbmc.cemc_2017-07-04.apk/

Buzz Marshall

• +16/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 02:49:20 pm »
not quite sure what you mean "wont parse any kodi version" but i am going to assume your trying to get to a newer version of Kodi that supports streaming of ssl based links...

Assuming what i am saying is correct you basically have 2 choices which are either to find one of the versions of Kodi 17.xx that have been compiled with a new enough version of python to support ssl... MyGica is one that comes to mind but i think theres others as well... its either that or depending on which box you have you may be able to update it to Newer Android versions which will allow you to download the actual native and current versions of Kodi from Kodi itself...

The issue is that Android 4.4.2 uses a version of python that doesn't support ssl which is what the newer versions of Kodi have been compiled to use so it can make use of ssl links as one of its many downloadable types...