KodiTips Forums

Kodi box has a menu full of addons that don't work.

PhilClacton

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Kodi box has a menu full of addons that don't work.
« on: July 10, 2017, 02:41:15 pm »
Bought a loaded box a year or so ago, and added a few more repos.  Haven't used now for several months, and on starting it again, my video add-ons is full of add-ons which just don't work any more.  Is there a way of deleting items in the list I don't want, please?
And how can I update my version of Kodi please? 

hatrix

• +12/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
Re: Kodi box has a menu full of addons that don't work.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 02:44:15 pm »
since you bought a loaded box my advice would be to wipe the entire kodi install. install a fresh copy of kodi krypton 17.3 and then follow the guides on koditips homepage to get new and working addons installed.

Buzz Marshall

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 04:59:39 pm »
ya i'd agree and say its probably better to totally remove kodi and restart with a fresh install... the only thing i'd caution about tho is assuming your still running android you need to make sure to install the newest version of Kodi that works with the version of Android on the box...if Android is really old you may want to look into whats available for your box in Android upgrades prior to the kodi reinstall...

hatrix

• +12/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 05:43:38 pm »
ya i'd agree and say its probably better to totally remove kodi and restart with a fresh install... the only thing i'd caution about tho is assuming your still running android you need to make sure to install the newest version of Kodi that works with the version of Android on the box...if Android is really old you may want to look into whats available for your box in Android upgrades prior to the kodi reinstall...
This is true. if you are on kitkat you will need kodi jarvis or one of the forks.

let us know if we can help