KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Covenant Addon Discussion Thread

markhascole

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Covenant Addon Discussion Thread
« Reply #240 on: December 10, 2017, 04:07:16 am »
is Covenant is still working?

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 10, 2017, 09:11:38 am »
Yes it's still working for me. However, it is not getting any kind of lists from IMDB. I suspect that IMDB may have made some changes to their site, Since Covenant is no longer being supported this probably will not be fixed and you should start looking for a replacement as other things will eventually stop working too.

52kittyhawk

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 16, 2017, 01:43:14 pm »
So no covenant is going down hill?
Yes it's still working for me. However, it is not getting any kind of lists from IMDB. I suspect that IMDB may have made some changes to their site, Since Covenant is no longer being supported this probably will not be fixed and you should start looking for a replacement as other things will eventually stop working too.

DS30

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 18, 2017, 04:44:04 pm »
I get maybe 20 links and none work. I installed off a supposedly working repo, so I dunno.. Genesis reborn won't work either

bor15

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 28, 2017, 09:17:02 pm »
who is now developing updates for Covenant in the colossus repo? .... just had th erepo updated and there is a new update for covenant to 1.1.33

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 29, 2017, 10:11:40 am »
You should exercise caution in updating from that repo until more is known.

RodgerB

• +32/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 29, 2017, 02:26:26 pm »
Here is an explanation of the updated Colossus repo from Dimitrology....

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 29, 2017, 05:57:17 pm »
Boom chakalaka baby! :)

TopekaRoy

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 30, 2017, 12:25:04 am »
You guys can keep trying to keep a dead addon alive with updates from an unknown developer if you want, or you can go with something better.

Mr Blamo just released a new fork of Covenant called Placenta. In the last 4 days alone, he has updated it 6 times. Just today he:
--Updated settings for changes to scrapers (ver 1.0.2)
--Eliminated scrapers that are no longer working (ver 1.0.3) and
--Fixed IMDB pagination issues plaguing all the other forks. (ver 1.0.5)
Placenta is identical to Covenant but better, constantly updated and with more quality links. It is integrated with Trakt.tv, IMDB, TMDB, Real-Debrid, Fanart, Alluc and several other sites that require registration.
Mr Blamo is the guy who took over Poseidon (Neptune Rising) from Soulless and took over S.A.L.T.S (Death Streams) from TK Norris with their permission and their blessings. He knows what he is doing.

Try it out. What have you got to lose? You can find his repo in RogerB's URL list pinned at the top of this sub-forum.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 12:31:52 am by TopekaRoy »

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 30, 2017, 02:05:24 am »
Here is an explanation of the updated Colossus repo from Dimitrology....

Excellent!  I have been trying to update a lot of the scrapers for the last couple of days and got several working.  I'm glad to see some of the changes the dev made are the same solutions I had. :)  I have struggled with putlocker all evening and tried the changes he made but never all at the same time. :(

His "network" solution is basically the same as mine, but I've added downloading all tv networks from tvmaze so instead of 61 I get 335 USA networks and will be adding the capability of getting other countries' networks, so I think I'll keep mine for now.

Shield18

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 30, 2017, 03:16:51 am »
Covenant addon won't let me search by people.

TopekaRoy

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 30, 2017, 04:17:32 am »
Covenant addon won't let me search by people.
Did you try the Placenta addon? It is identical to Covenant, except everything works. I just did a search in Movies (People) for "Dustin Hoffman" and it found 75 movies. Read the post two up from yours for all the details.

johnnylager

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 30, 2017, 09:10:38 pm »
Incursion seems to be the new Covenant fork which is working well and has an active dev.

TopekaRoy

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 31, 2017, 12:56:28 am »
Incursion seems to be the new Covenant fork which is working well and has an active dev.

Thanks for sharing this. I would just say that "Incursion seems to be "A" new Covenant fork ..." There are several.

I had never heard of Incursion so I did a Google search. It is hosted in the //addons4kodi.site repo. The Developer is NixGates. I am unfamiliar with him and couldn't find him on Twitter, but he has a very active Reddit thread for Incursion. You can read all about it HERE.

I installed Incursion and synced it with my Trakt.tv account. For some reason nothing shows up in My TV Shows-->Collection, but Progress is populated and up-to-date. Collection is working in Placenta.

I compared the two addons by searching for a new TV show, a very old tv show and a recent movie. Here are my findings:

Gotham se4e10:
Incursion 720p 1, SD 48
Placenta 720p 10, SD 20

Dr Who se1e1 (from 1963)
Incursion 720p 1, SD 14
Placenta 720p 6, SD 28

Deadpool:
Incursion 1080p 2, 720p 5, SD 265
Placenta 1080p 3, 720p 10, SD 408

Incursion looks very promising and the developer is taking suggestions and appears to be working hard to make it better, but at this point, I think Placenta is the better option. I suggest Covenant fans install them both and see what you like better.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 01:00:28 am by TopekaRoy »

johnnylager

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 31, 2017, 05:34:45 am »
I have both as well as a Premiumize account, so plenty of 1080 sources for me, but you're right i should have said A Covenant fork.

The dev is obviously someone who wants to stay under the radar as the account was created the day he released the fork, he incorporated fixes by the user 'throwawaycovenant1' who is probably a seasoned dev who also wants to stay under the radar.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 05:45:02 am by johnnylager »

bor15

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 02, 2018, 05:56:10 am »
thanks for the info guys ... grabbed both. wonder if blamo will move from urlresolver to nanscraper on placenta as he did with neptune

TonyH

• +41/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 05, 2018, 05:31:54 pm »
thanks for the info guys ... grabbed both. wonder if blamo will move from urlresolver to nanscraper on placenta as he did with neptune

Those are two separate things. Nanscrapers have some direct links and also use urlresolver

gwilly7

• +5/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 06, 2018, 12:50:56 am »
I have been using Cerebro Showbox which is another fork of Covenant that is working very well.  He is very active on Facebook and twitter both.  His strictly HD movie addon is working great too.

RodgerB

• +32/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 06, 2018, 01:45:53 pm »
Watched Dunkirk last night on Covenant. Good stream and quality. It still works...Cheers.

eddieo

• +0/-0
  • old dog, new tricks
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 14, 2018, 11:59:14 am »
Hi all. I'm new here - so new this is my first post. I look forward to trying the Covenant forks cited by recent posters but I can state that, like RodgerB, I'm doing fine with good old Covenant. One recent change I've adopted to the way I use Kodi/Covenant is pretty unorthodox and a friend I shared it with called it "brilliant": I installed Kodi and Covenant on my Macbook and download the movies and shows I want to 64GB memory stick. This makes the actual viewing of the content easier than electing an OnDemand listing, and I can pre-screen the download to make sure it's acceptable (my Dunkirk download is 1080p, 4.29GB).

I'm guessing I may be in a minority of Covenant users that download so maybe I won't get any answers to this but does anyone know how to check download progress in Covenant, beyond the periodic update the add-on provides?

Also, since this seems to be the sole forum for Covenant discussions, has anyone found a way to filter the "To play this video, authorization is required" results OUT?

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 14, 2018, 03:11:18 pm »
In Covenant settings for Playback there is an option to turn off/on Hosters with captchas.

Don't think there is any option for download progress being in the background or windowed, like some addons have.

eddieo

• +0/-0
  • old dog, new tricks
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 17, 2018, 07:25:42 am »
....can you suggest some add ons that DO have a download progress option?

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 17, 2018, 08:10:44 am »
....can you suggest some add ons that DO have a download progress option?

Covenant, Elysium, Fantastic, Neptune Rising and Placenta all have this option as they are all pretty much cloned from Exodus.

Settings>Playback>Progress Dialog>Now choose an option with the arrows on the right of the selection option.

Death Streams (SALTS Clone)

Settings>Source Management>Show Download Progress>Now choose an option with the arrows on the right of the selection option.

So here's a little tip for you, maybe you already know how to do this... Keep in mind I'm a Windows guy and don't know squat about Macs. So I don't know if this will work on your Mac or not.

You can rename the Kodi folder, the folder that keeps your user data (Profile folder) NOT the folder for Kodi's installation. run kodi and it will create a new Kodi (Profile Folder) a clean unused system. Now get all the addons you wonder about being good for your purposes and install them to try out. Make a list of what you want to keep. When you're done...delete the Kodi (Profile Folder) and name your ORIGINAL Kodi profile folder back to Kodi again and install the ones you liked.

On Windows we can install Kodi in "Portable" mode to USB devices. This is very handy. I do not know if the Macs can do this or not.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 08:12:27 am by flhthemi »

Wilsondrake

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 28, 2018, 10:30:55 am »
Is covenant really that better than Placenta ? I came across this covenant kodi review which shows a good comparison of both the addons.

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 28, 2018, 12:09:13 pm »
Is covenant really that better than Placenta ? I came across this covenant kodi review which shows a good comparison of both the addons.

Firstly, Covenant is no longer supported and has not been updated in several months.  I still use Covenant but its usefulness is waning.  Without regular updates to the scrapers it will degrade over time.  I like to practice my programming skills by updating the scrapers myself and have been successful with many, but I do not have the time or resources to do this full time.  Incursion is a fork of Covenant and is being actively maintained but not as often as I would like.  The Placenta devs are a very energetic group and produce updates and improvements very often.

Secondly, I would not trust the repos suggested for download/update of Covenant.  I am not familiar with them all, but with the demise of many repositories due to the legal crackdown some months back I only trust a few repos.  Other posters here have greater knowledge of which sources to trust and you should seek their sage advice.

I currently use a combination of Incursion, Placenta and Covenant, each having their own unique advantages.  I do not use a debrid service so HD links are somewhat difficult to obtain at times.  I have the best luck with Incursion with very recent TV episodes (YMovies and CMovies links), Placenta with episodes at least 24/48 hours old and older episodes of current TV shows, and lastly Covenant with older TV shows where HD links are most likely nonexistent anyway.  I usually check for links in that order of the addons.  I am usually satisfied with the results obtained by at least one of the three.

It is also very important to maintain updates of UrlResolver and ResolveUrl from reputable sources.

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 28, 2018, 12:15:39 pm »
Couldn't Covenant be modded to use Universal scrapers?

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 28, 2018, 01:22:57 pm »
Couldn't Covenant be modded to use Universal scrapers?

Not sure, probably, but where's the fun in that?  :)

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 28, 2018, 03:20:52 pm »
Well if that's all that Covenant needs to be fixed, that wouldn't be fun? :)

I might tinker with this to see if *I* can do it.