KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Covenant Addon Discussion Thread

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: Covenant Addon Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2017, 11:58:30 am »
I have not been able to get the download function to work yet.  I set it up in tools but when I right-click on a stream nothing happens.  Is there a different way to get the menu screen for a stream?  Thanks in advance.

I am using the Aeon Nox Silvo Mod skin. Your skin may present this info in a different manner but it should be basically the same.

Pretty sure you need to change some settings in Covenant:

1 Turn on DIRECTORY mode in the PLAYBACK settings

2 Setup DOWNLOADS by turning it on and then establishing a path for both movies and tv shows and don't forget to click on OK over on the right of the settings screen to SAVE these changes.

Now go to the Movie or TV episode you want to download tell Kodi to PLAY it.

Now when you select a movie/show select the stream you want to download by right clicking or using a keyboard letter "C" or by long pressing with the ENTER key or mouse pointer or finger. Context menu will not appear for a stream in any mode except Directory mode. Now the Context menu will magically appear with the word Download on it. Click it to start the download.

I usually try playing the stream 1st to avoid crappy videos or streams that may not work.

Thread modified for more details...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 08:45:08 am by flhthemi »

lukeb5301

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2017, 12:58:08 pm »
I have not been able to get the download function to work yet.  I set it up in tools but when I right-click on a stream nothing happens.  Is there a different way to get the menu screen for a stream?  Thanks in advance.

2 Setup DOWNLOADS by turning it on and then establishing a path for both movies and tv shows

Now when you select a movie/show select the stream you want to download by right clicking or using a keyboard letter "C" or by long pressing with the ENTER key or mouse pointer or finger. Context menu will not appear for a stream in any mode except Directory mode. Now the Context menu will magically appear with the word Download on it. Click it to start the download.

I usually try playing the stream 1st to avoid crappy videos or streams that may not work.

You sir are amazing! Changing to directory mode worked! Thank you!

Tarzan5432

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2017, 06:50:41 pm »
Is anyone else having a problem with the New Movies section of Covenant? The default pull is set to "Featured" in the settings. This was working fine until a few days ago. Now when I click New Movies the wheels spin for a second or two and then produce no results. It works if I change it to "In Theaters", etc but I liked that "Featured" showed new content whether it was in theaters or not. Anyone else have this issue or know anything about it?

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2017, 07:15:38 pm »
Works fine for me when set to Featured.

bor15

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2017, 04:07:39 am »
Kings to you .... i just quoted your post to my own under downloads not working

waynezo

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2017, 07:28:26 am »

2 Setup DOWNLOADS by turning it on and then establishing a path for both movies and tv shows

You sir are amazing! Changing to directory mode worked! Thank you!

Worked for me :) Thanks!

don550

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2017, 01:51:39 pm »
Hi -- can you explain how to "establish a path" in your second screen? I get as far as enable downloads, but when I click on either movies or TV, and then click on the nfs choice, it just inserts "nfs://" and nothing else. There is no option on my Minix box to enter anything in on that line.

I've successfully installed Covenant and I am able to play virtually all the movies with no problems. But almost all of the TV shows will not play. All of the TV shows, seasons and episodes display, but when I select an episode I do not get the list of streams. Instead I get a message saying "no stream available". Odd this happens only on TV shows and not movies. Is theree some other setting I need to adjust?
Thanks very much
Don550

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2017, 02:20:37 pm »
Hi -- can you explain how to "establish a path" in your second screen? I get as far as enable downloads, but when I click on either movies or TV, and then click on the nfs choice, it just inserts "nfs://" and nothing else. There is no option on my Minix box to enter anything in on that line.

Thanks very much
Don550

You need to "establish a path" to a storage device as this is where the downloaded video files will be placed. They will not get added into any part of Kodi unless you add them to the rest of your video files for Kodi and then update the Kodi library.

Does this Minix box have some sort of shared directory or USB storage? Most people use a local path to a folder on the Kodi device they have Covenant installed on. NFS paths are for things like a NAS device.

Don't use NFS if you don't have an NFS device and it sounds like you don't.
Try SMB if you want to send the downloads off to another PC. But KNOW where you're sending them so you can find them. Then you can copy them from there to your Kodi library folder and update Kodi's Library to see them show up in Kodi.
If you're on a Windows machine you should see C: show in the list. Therefore your username video folder would be a good place to send them.

If you don't understand any of this, maybe you shouldn't be trying to do it. ;)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 02:24:03 pm by flhthemi »

don550

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2017, 04:01:49 pm »
You're absolutely right -- I don't need or want to actually download shows -- I just want to watch them. I'm puzzled that movies stream OK but when I try to watch a TV episode it always says "no streams available". Is there something else I can adjust to fix this?

Thanks
Don

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2017, 07:37:19 pm »
You're absolutely right -- I don't need or want to actually download shows -- I just want to watch them. I'm puzzled that movies stream OK but when I try to watch a TV episode it always says "no streams available". Is there something else I can adjust to fix this?

Thanks
Don

The only thing I can think to tell you to try is in Covenant's settings under "General" look at the setting for "Providers Timeout". On slower devices it may need to be increased. The default value is 30 try moving it to 40 and see if that gets you anything.

TonyH

• +41/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2017, 10:07:54 pm »
if your just trying to watch, have you cleared providers and cleared cache in covenant settings?

don550

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2017, 09:27:13 am »
Thanks guys -- unfortunately these ideas did not make a difference. Is it possible that my ISP (Rogers Cable) could be blocking TV programs? Doesn't make sense to me that movies come through fine, but TV series are blocked.

I have another android box that is still using Exodus and we started to get this problem on Exodus about 4-5 days ago. I switched to Covenant hoping it would make a difference. so I'm realizing now that the problem is probably not with Covenant but something else.

I've also installed IPVanish, but it hasn't made a difference either.

Don

RodgerB

• +32/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2017, 10:20:44 am »
Don, the internet is open and tv show replays are not blocked. I live in Canada and can watch any tv rerun I want. Just use a different addon. Try Elysium...

TonyH

• +41/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2017, 10:24:51 am »
What tv shows are you trying to watch? Which ones have you tried? Maybe it's an obscure show and there are actually no streams for that show. Have you tried to watch the same shows on a different addon such as Elysium? This would help to determine if it's a covenant problem or something else

Joeg8385

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2017, 11:10:41 am »
i'm having some small issues with covenant and trying to find a working stream for a specific show but also when i click a show or movie the providers box comes up with links and if i select one that is no good and want to go back i have to wait again for the 30 seconds for providers box. in exodus it would bring me back to the providers links so i could select a different once without having to scrape them again. any fix around this or a setting maybe that i have not enabled or dissabled? the tv shows im trying to watching that do not come back with links or streams (no stream available) are 90 day fiance happily ever after season 2 (only episode 1 returns links) and heartland season 10.

Re: Covenant SLOW
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2017, 01:07:44 pm »
Hey Folks,

I have a few installs. One on a Windows workstation and one on a Firestick are rocking along fine with Kodi 16/Jarvis. But two installs with either 16 or 17 (tried both) are super-sluggish or even just getting errors.

These problem installs are both on Windows tablets with Windows 10 v. 1703 (Creative Edition). (FWIW, one is a nice Samsung 700T, the other a cheapo NextBook).

HERE IS WHAT HAPPENS: 

Sometimes just trying to open a file directory (like Conenant>Movies>Geners>Actions) results in an "error, check logs".

But most of the time I'm just getting slow response for anything that needs a list. Like "Action" or Most Popular". Then syrup-slow times to actually get the provider links. In fact the dialog comes up and can sit doing nothing for up to 5 minutes, and then finally it starts to rack through the providers. (This includes the Real-Debrid providers).

I would assume this was some server-side issues of some kind. But as mentioned, the Workstation and Firestick installs aren't having such issues.

Thank you in advance! I look forward to your thoughts.

PS: Thank you for the tip on "directory" to enable the downloads--great tip!!

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2017, 05:39:29 pm »
i'm having some small issues with covenant and trying to find a working stream for a specific show but also when i click a show or movie the providers box comes up with links and if i select one that is no good and want to go back i have to wait again for the 30 seconds for providers box. in exodus it would bring me back to the providers links so i could select a different once without having to scrape them again. any fix around this or a setting maybe that i have not enabled or dissabled? the tv shows im trying to watching that do not come back with links or streams (no stream available) are 90 day fiance happily ever after season 2 (only episode 1 returns links) and heartland season 10.

Read post/reply #31

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Covenant SLOW
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2017, 05:44:07 pm »
Hey Folks,

I have a few installs. One on a Windows workstation and one on a Firestick are rocking along fine with Kodi 16/Jarvis. But two installs with either 16 or 17 (tried both) are super-sluggish or even just getting errors.

These problem installs are both on Windows tablets with Windows 10 v. 1703 (Creative Edition). (FWIW, one is a nice Samsung 700T, the other a cheapo NextBook).

HERE IS WHAT HAPPENS: 

Sometimes just trying to open a file directory (like Conenant>Movies>Geners>Actions) results in an "error, check logs".

But most of the time I'm just getting slow response for anything that needs a list. Like "Action" or Most Popular". Then syrup-slow times to actually get the provider links. In fact the dialog comes up and can sit doing nothing for up to 5 minutes, and then finally it starts to rack through the providers. (This includes the Real-Debrid providers).

I would assume this was some server-side issues of some kind. But as mentioned, the Workstation and Firestick installs aren't having such issues.

Thank you in advance! I look forward to your thoughts.

PS: Thank you for the tip on "directory" to enable the downloads--great tip!!

MAYBE if you posted a debug log on pastbin and gave the link here, there MIGHT be someone who could read it and determine the problem.

dallasnights

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2017, 07:51:19 pm »
Everyone
Love Covenant but can not get it to import my TV Lists of shows into Library even tho I click that option and it says it is
I check Addon Data, Covenant, tv shows and nothing is there
Is there clear instructions how to get my tv show lists I created on TRAKTV into my library like SALTS did easily
Thanks all

TonyH

• +41/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2017, 08:37:41 pm »
I'm not sure about the trakt part of your question, but if your trying to add tv shows from Covenant to your library, you need to add that folder to your library.
Video tab, add videos, browse to the covenant tv shows folder, (can't remember exact path off the top of my head) userdata/ addon data/ covenant/ tv shows
And you need to show hidden folders from kodi settings first.
Sorry I don't have the exact instructions at the moment, maybe someone else can add to this.

Lara-X

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2017, 03:06:39 am »
Trying to set up covenant to download on my daughters amazon fire 7 tablet, I turned on directory mode in playback then went into download settings and set the sd card as the path then kodi crashed and now won't open again, any ideas??

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2017, 08:46:14 am »
Trying to set up covenant to download on my daughters amazon fire 7 tablet, I turned on directory mode in playback then went into download settings and set the sd card as the path then kodi crashed and now won't open again, any ideas??

Are you trying to send the downloads to an external sd card or the internal sd card?

Lara-X

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2017, 01:23:06 pm »

Are you trying to send the downloads to an external sd card or the internal sd card?

An sd card that I've put into the tablet.

Lara-X

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2017, 01:56:24 pm »

I've successfully set it up on my laptop, it just seems to be the tablet that crashes kodi every time i try and do it!!

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2017, 02:10:27 pm »
Any suggestions on either getting the download progress in the foreground or changing it to appear more frequently (currently every 10%)? I found an old post where this was changed in Exodus via the download.py script. I have been unable to find any scripts for Covenant located on my Windows 7 system.
Thanks for your help!

Robhand98

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2017, 03:14:46 pm »
I was wondering if someone could help me. I have bought an amazon fire stick a few days ago and installed Kodi on it yesterday, v 17.3 I believe. I followed multiple videos and instructions on how to install covenant and exodus (I am aware covenant is the new exodus) they both installed fine and were able to go into them. However when I go to any folder e.g. Most popular and any other,in movies or TV shows it shows it loading for a second and does nothing. No movies appear or tv shows. I have uninstalled Kodi and repeated the installation process and still no luck. Is this common if so does any one know a fix ?

Any help would be appreciated ,
Thanks !

TonyH

• +41/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2017, 04:18:47 pm »
What versions of Covenant and Exodus do you have and what repositorys did you get them from?

Lisaxaphona

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2017, 12:24:06 am »
On my setup, when you click on something to watch the sources pops up in a popup type window, instead of going to a new screen with all the sources listed. Is there a way to change this so its like Exodus where the sources have their own page?
Sometimes when the source I picked is not very good, I will go to a new source but with this popup style page, I have to reload the list of sources every time I click on the video I want.

hextejas

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2017, 05:42:57 am »

I have the same issue,,,sorta. The context menu wont open when I select the stream. Stream Context works for other addons (genesis exodus) and for other options within Covenant, like movie info but not so I can down load the movie.
Any ideas ?

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2017, 08:47:46 am »

I think due to restrictions by Android, you have to download anything from Kodi into your INTERNAL SD card. So use a file manager and make a folder on the internal sdcard name it anything you want (I would just name it Kodi Downloads and then inside it make one for TV Shows and one for Movies) and then point Covenant to that new folder and see if it works.