KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Covenant Addon Discussion Thread

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: Covenant Addon Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2017, 09:01:36 am »
Any suggestions on either getting the download progress in the foreground or changing it to appear more frequently (currently every 10%)? I found an old post where this was changed in Exodus via the download.py script. I have been unable to find any scripts for Covenant located on my Windows 7 system.
Thanks for your help!

OK I'm no expert by any means but maybe this is what you're looking for:

Inside addons\plugin.video.covenant\resources\lib\modules folder is "downloader.py". I opened it with notepad++ and at line #193 there is this:  notify += 10. Changing the 10 to your desired value may change when you get progress updates. Like from 10% (now) to 30%...

Didn't try it but you can if you want. Like I say, I'm not a dev so you're on your own. ;)

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2017, 09:09:03 am »
On my setup, when you click on something to watch the sources pops up in a popup type window, instead of going to a new screen with all the sources listed. Is there a way to change this so its like Exodus where the sources have their own page?
Sometimes when the source I picked is not very good, I will go to a new source but with this popup style page, I have to reload the list of sources every time I click on the video I want.

I have not been able to get the download function to work yet.  I set it up in tools but when I right-click on a stream nothing happens.  Is there a different way to get the menu screen for a stream?  Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue,,,sorta. The context menu wont open when I select the stream. Stream Context works for other addons (genesis exodus) and for other options within Covenant, like movie info but not so I can down load the movie.
Any ideas ?

READ POST #31! THERE ARE PICTURES! ;)

« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2017, 10:23:58 am »
Any suggestions on either getting the download progress in the foreground or changing it to appear more frequently (currently every 10%)? I found an old post where this was changed in Exodus via the download.py script. I have been unable to find any scripts for Covenant located on my Windows 7 system.
Thanks for your help!

OK I'm no expert by any means but maybe this is what you're looking for:

Inside addons\plugin.video.covenant\resources\lib\modules folder is "downloader.py". I opened it with notepad++ and at line #193 there is this:  notify += 10. Changing the 10 to your desired value may change when you get progress updates. Like from 10% (now) to 30%...

Didn't try it but you can if you want. Like I say, I'm not a dev so you're on your own. ;)

Thanks. This is what I have been looking for, unfortunately, I still cannot find any covenant related files on my computer. I am now wondering if it has anything to do with installing Covenant through Ares Wizard.

TonyH

• +41/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2017, 11:02:52 am »
You need to be able to see hidden files on your comp to navigate to the Kodi plugins folders.

C drive/users/your user name/app data/roaming/kodi/addons
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:05:45 am by TonyH »

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2017, 11:56:53 am »
You need to be able to see hidden files on your comp to navigate to the Kodi plugins folders.

Here's how to enable hidden files:

You may as well make sure File Name Extensions is checked too!

Wow, all this and free computer lessons too! ;)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:59:23 am by flhthemi »

Lara-X

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2017, 01:50:42 pm »
[quote

I think due to restrictions by Android, you have to download anything from Kodi into your INTERNAL SD card. So use a file manager and make a folder on the internal sdcard name it anything you want (I would just name it Kodi Downloads and then inside it make one for TV Shows and one for Movies) and then point Covenant to that new folder and see if it works.

I can't do that the internal storage on the tablet is full, I bought am sd card for it but then next to nothing is compatible with the card! I've just bitten the bullet and bought her an android tablet so will see if that works when it arrives tomorrow.

Robhand98

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2017, 02:30:26 pm »
What versions of Covenant and Exodus do you have and what repositorys did you get them from?

I am using Smash repo, and colossus repository

The versions

Exodus 3.1.22

Covenant 1.1.2

I find it strange how both of them have no movies of tv shows. I even tried 1channel add in at one point and it did the same.

Any advice ?

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2017, 03:42:13 pm »
What versions of Covenant and Exodus do you have and what repositorys did you get them from?

The versions

Exodus 3.1.22

Covenant 1.1.2

I find it strange how both of them have no movies of tv shows. I even tried 1channel add in at one point and it did the same.

Any advice ?

Are you sure you have connection to the internet?
Have you configured them properly?

Both are working fine here.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 03:52:00 pm by flhthemi »

Dsotm

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2017, 07:24:28 pm »

The versions

Exodus 3.1.22

Covenant 1.1.2

Any advice ?

You have to be doing something drastically wrong.  Covenant has been working amazingly for me lately, so many Gvideos I don't know which one to watch

Experien

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2017, 07:44:39 pm »
Working like a charm here. Just one thing is bugging  me .

Why TRAKT ratings and no IMDB ones?

TRAKT ratings are a joke compared to IMDB

LadyBug679

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2017, 08:55:58 pm »
Anyone else having stream issues? I went out of town for a few days and when I came back, it's a bit frustrating. The best stream, gvideo, either doesn't appear or the 1 that does, doesn't play. So I'm stuck with crappy streams that wanna buffer and stutter (even some previously reliable ones like vidzi and gorillavid). I restarted my modem when I got home bc there'd apparently been a power outage (it's one fix that works sometimes, but that was done before I even tried to watch tv). This usually happens when I'm waiting on an update to be pushed -- 1.1.2 is the latest, right? Cleared cache and providers... anything else?

linaka

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2017, 10:07:25 pm »
I have not been able to get the download function to work yet.  I set it up in tools but when I right-click on a stream nothing happens.  Is there a different way to get the menu screen for a stream?  Thanks in advance.

Pretty sure you need to change some settings in Covenant:

1 Turn on DIRECTORY mode in the PLAYBACK settings

2 Setup DOWNLOADS by turning it on and then establishing a path for both movies and tv shows and don't forget to click on OK over on the right of the settings screen to SAVE these changes.

Now when you select a movie/show select the stream you want to download by right clicking or using a keyboard letter "C" or by long pressing with the ENTER key or mouse pointer or finger. Context menu will not appear for a stream in any mode except Directory mode. Now the Context menu will magically appear with the word Download on it. Click it to start the download.

I usually try playing the stream 1st to avoid crappy videos or streams that may not work.

I have done ALL of the above and I still don't get the Download option:

(I have also uninstalled Exodus and installed Covenant.) Want to download movies and TV to my laptop but can't. Have turned on Directory mode, enabled the Download option and set up the Download Folders but when I click on my episode or movie I get a menu with Play, Show Information and More. If I select More I get a bigger menu but Download is not in the list. I used to be able to click on the episode and it would take me to the list of links to stream or download. This is no longer happening!

Do I need to uninstall / reinstall Kodi perhaps?

Noor666

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2017, 08:44:42 am »
Covenant just got an update. On version 1.1.3 right now and it lesser Real Debrid sources now. Before it gave all the links just like I get on Salts and Elysium.  Now it's like exodus. Only getting HD links for new episodes. Same episode gets more links on SALTS. Any one else have the same issue???

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2017, 09:05:59 am »

(I have also uninstalled Exodus and installed Covenant.) Want to download movies and TV to my laptop but can't. Have turned on Directory mode, enabled the Download option and set up the Download Folders but when I click on my episode or movie I get a menu with Play, Show Information and More. If I select More I get a bigger menu but Download is not in the list. I used to be able to click on the episode and it would take me to the list of links to stream or download. This is no longer happening!

Somewhere you're doing something wrong. You don't need to keep uninstalling/installing the addon. If you want to start it fresh just open the Configuration Menu and click DEFAULT and then OK. If you have the knowledge you can also just delete the settings.xml file for Covenant or any add-on while Kodi is not running.

The menu you are trying to access is called the "Context Menu" depending on the skin you are using it may or may not be available. This is why when you need help it is very important to give all the details of what you are using. Even the OS you are using is important. Context menus can NORMALLY be accessed with the keyboard "C", a long press on the keyboard ENTER/RETURN key, a mouse right click, on a touch screen a long press and/or a long press on the left mouse button. You can't get to the Download option until you have a list of streams displayed with Covenant in Directory mode. In the last picture in my instruction you can see the list of streams that were scraped. If you are not seeing this you probably do not have it in Directory mode. So go back and make sure Directory mode is set, you MIGHT have forgotten to click OK and save the new setting when you changed it.

It works like this when it's setup correctly:

Open Covenant
Select Movies
Select a category of movies
Select a movie to PLAY by clicking it
Select PLAY
Wait for streams to be scraped
Scraped streams appear
Select a stream to download by opening the Context menu while the desired stream is highlighted
Select Download

EDIT: One other thing I just noticed as well. You may need to change a Kodi setting. Open Kodi's settings, select Media Settings, select Videos, set "Default Select Action: to CHOOSE.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 09:26:23 am by flhthemi »

« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2017, 01:18:32 pm »

Thanks.

Yeah, so the problem is my search. I always have hidden files and extensions shown. When searching the C drive for covenant, no files appear. When doing the same search starting at AppData, the files appear. I added the excluded folders into the search options, but still no luck.

Anyway, thanks for the direct path as it led me to the file. I should know better than to rely on Windows to make things easy and gone through the folders manually.

TonyH

• +41/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2017, 02:55:10 pm »

I should know better than to rely on Windows to make things easy

Lol, I know what you mean

linaka

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2017, 03:41:09 pm »

Somewhere you're doing something wrong. You don't need to keep uninstalling/installing the addon. If you want to start it fresh just open the Configuration Menu and click DEFAULT and then OK. If you have the knowledge you can also just delete the settings.xml file for Covenant or any add-on while Kodi is not running.

The menu you are trying to access is called the "Context Menu" depending on the skin you are using it may or may not be available. This is why when you need help it is very important to give all the details of what you are using. Even the OS you are using is important. Context menus can NORMALLY be accessed with the keyboard "C", a long press on the keyboard ENTER/RETURN key, a mouse right click, on a touch screen a long press and/or a long press on the left mouse button. You can't get to the Download option until you have a list of streams displayed with Covenant in Directory mode. In the last picture in my instruction you can see the list of streams that were scraped. If you are not seeing this you probably do not have it in Directory mode. So go back and make sure Directory mode is set, you MIGHT have forgotten to click OK and save the new setting when you changed it.

It works like this when it's setup correctly:

Open Covenant
Select Movies
Select a category of movies
Select a movie to PLAY by clicking it
Select PLAY
Wait for streams to be scraped
Scraped streams appear
Select a stream to download by opening the Context menu while the desired stream is highlighted
Select Download

EDIT: One other thing I just noticed as well. You may need to change a Kodi setting. Open Kodi's settings, select Media Settings, select Videos, set "Default Select Action: to CHOOSE.

Its working now! Thanks so much for your help!  Everything was set up correctly.  There was one slight change from Exodus to Covenant on my Windows 10 : Your list of actions are all the same for me up till - "Select a movie to PLAY by clicking it, Select PLAY"   On Exodus, by clicking the movie it would take me directly to the list of streams. Now it displays a Context Menu with PLAY and SHOW INFORMATION and MORE.  This was my problem. I didn't want to select PLAY as I wanted to see the list of streams before selecting one to Play!

So, I did as you suggested - select PLAY and I got my list of streams and I was able to download one successfully.

Again, Thanks so much for your help and for your advice on how to post better information!

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2017, 08:01:20 pm »
Glad to see you got it sorted out! Happy Downloading! ;)

tperk100

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2017, 03:12:49 am »

After successfully downloading movies from Exodus for months on Win 10 DT, I KNOW how to set up DL and do it. I have done all of what you suggested above ....and more. However, when sources are displayed I CANNOT get the context menus for Covenant. I am stumped. Any ideas?

The SAME thing happens with Genesis Reborn. However, I can DL from other Add-ons.

UPDATE: SOLVED - Found in another forum. Had to set Add-On Playback Default option to "Directory"
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 03:28:45 am by tperk100 »

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2017, 08:42:31 am »

After successfully downloading movies from Exodus for months on Win 10 DT, I KNOW how to set up DL and do it. I have done all of what you suggested above ....and more. However, when sources are displayed I CANNOT get the context menus for Covenant. I am stumped. Any ideas?

The SAME thing happens with Genesis Reborn. However, I can DL from other Add-ons.

UPDATE: SOLVED - Found in another forum. Had to set Add-On Playback Default option to "Directory"

That's what I said in post #31...step 1 Turn on directory mode even supplied a picture. :)

« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2017, 01:33:37 pm »
Is there an official location for bug reporting?

MuZicGuY2017

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2017, 12:24:49 am »
Hey all, i have a question. TV Shows in Covenant are disappearing. For example, i was watching the new season of Big Brother, and when i opened Kodi on my Android Box, i clicked on the show and there was nothing there. Completely blank. It looks like all the seasons had been removed. It happened to another show as well. Does anyone have any info on this?

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2017, 08:26:15 am »
Just so you know...I just played Big Brother Season 19 most recent episode and it worked fine. So there may be some problem on your end. Try using the Tools to Clear The Cache.

Boxeestorm

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2017, 02:03:13 pm »
Hey all, i have a question. TV Shows in Covenant are disappearing. For example, i was watching the new season of Big Brother, and when i opened Kodi on my Android Box, i clicked on the show and there was nothing there. Completely blank. It looks like all the seasons had been removed. It happened to another show as well. Does anyone have any info on this?

This is happening to me with my Trakt watchlist. When I watch an episode in Covenant and then exit back out of my watchlist directory afterwards and then go back in, the entire show is deleted. It is also deleted from Exodus, which I still have, so it seems like the entire show is removed from my Trakt account(?)

My temporaty fix is to add the show again from history. I suppose maybe I could add it again from the show's directory immedeately instead before exiting after watching.

Have reinstalled Covenant, relinked with Trakt, cleared Covenant cache and providers. Do I need to uninstall Exodus perhaps? (I keep it because it is still a good backup when there are Covenant bugs).

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2017, 06:04:13 pm »
I believe that this action is as intended. A watch list is for those shows/Movies you want to watch. Once you've watched them they get removed from the list and I think trakt does this not the addons. So if you want a list that stays in the list create a new one for TV Shows and one for Movies. Call them what you like.

Boxeestorm

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2017, 01:19:57 am »
I believe that this action is as intended. A watch list is for those shows/Movies you want to watch. Once you've watched them they get removed from the list and I think trakt does this not the addons. So if you want a list that stays in the list create a new one for TV Shows and one for Movies. Call them what you like.

I don't think it is correct that you can have maybe 25 episodes in your watchlist and they all go away when you have watched one. Having said that there should be a hide watched function somewhere. I should check if that is on or not.

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2017, 08:33:12 am »

I don't think it is correct that you can have maybe 25 episodes in your watchlist and they all go away when you have watched one. Having said that there should be a hide watched function somewhere. I should check if that is on or not.

If you put a Season 1 folder in it, then watch even one episode from within that folder, it will all be removed. I'm pretty sure this was a topic that tknorris went over several times on the old tvaddons forum about this happening with SALTS. Sure wish I had archived some of that stuff now.

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2017, 12:29:24 pm »
ares wizard failed to get data from server? here is the solution
New Install Covenant setup for Kodi Addon Using Ares Wizard
here The most complete and exhaustif Kodi Repository (update August 2017)
http://patch-recepteur.blogspot.com/2017/08/new-install-covenant-setup-for-kodi.html
Download

What was the point of posting that entire list??? SMFH

Boxeestorm

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2017, 01:37:04 am »

If you put a Season 1 folder in it, then watch even one episode from within that folder, it will all be removed. I'm pretty sure this was a topic that tknorris went over several times on the old tvaddons forum about this happening with SALTS. Sure wish I had archived some of that stuff now.

Either it is a bug or Covenant simply handles the watchlist differently from Exodus. It works if I make my own custom list so that's fine then after all. It just means that I need to click myself deeper into the menus to get to my shows.

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2017, 07:11:19 pm »

Either it is a bug or Covenant simply handles the watchlist differently from Exodus. It works if I make my own custom list so that's fine then after all. It just means that I need to click myself deeper into the menus to get to my shows.

Here you go buddy, I dug this out of google search for everyone. This is how the trakt watchlist works:

http://support.trakt.tv/knowledgebase/articles/154739-why-do-things-get-removed-from-my-watchlist-after