KodiTips Forums

Can not install adding none

tony527

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Can not install adding none
« on: July 14, 2017, 12:11:26 pm »
When I try to install an addon (firestick) any addon it tells me couldn;t retrieve directory information .This could be due to the network not being connected

nahidl

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Can not install adding none
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 12:35:36 pm »
When I try to install an addon (firestick) any addon it tells me couldn;t retrieve directory information .This could be due to the network not being connected

What addon are you trying to install? The repo could be offline or possible being hammered.

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
Re: Can not install adding none
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 02:03:36 pm »
Seeing as your saying any add-ons makes me want to ask.. are you talking about trying to add stuff from a variety of different sources or is it just one particular source your trying to get from?...

if its just one particular address your tying to get from, it may be as tony527 says and the site my just be down for some reason... seeing as there been a bunch of source locations for various things change lately i'd make sure whatever address your trying to get from is the most current address its available on... 

You should be able to check the address with your web browser and get either a directory listing or some error message from the server... not allowed or restriction messages usually mean the url your using is correct but the web servers setup to restrict showing stuff to the web browser...

Anything else would make me think either your trying to download from a old expired url and you need to look around for a more current download url...

On the other hand if your saying any addons giving your this type of grief then the problems something different... i would start by making sure under Kodi that the Systems/Settings/Addons/Unknown Sources box is checked...

Note that i am assuming your saying the Firestick Itself is connected to the Internet and working, meaning you can get to playstore or use a web browser...

If none of the Networking is working then your right theres something wrong probably in Android as Kodi basically inherits its networking from the OS unless your using something like OpenELEC or trying to use a VPN client from within Kodi...