KodiTips Forums

Streams are all in CAM version

blueys007

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Streams are all in CAM version
« on: July 15, 2017, 10:37:05 pm »
I have just updated to the new Covenant today and everything seems to work just fine. When I go into Movies then In Theaters I pick a random 2017 movie and I get the list of providers, I then pick the HD provider who does not have cam listed and when the movie starts to play, guess what? It's on cam. I then go back out pick another movie and the same thing happens. I have done this 4xs different movies and it's all the same. I then went to Elysium and picked a movie from there and the same thing is happening. I am sure that this is probably 100% user error and if I remember correctly I can go into settings and do something under providers but I cannot remember what to do. I am sorry if others have reported this, I am new to the site and trying to learn my way around. Any help would be great. Or a link on how to fix this.
Maybe providers are not listing their source correctly? I'm just frustrated at this time.  :'( :( >:(

hatrix

• +12/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
Re: Streams are all in CAM version
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 10:41:06 pm »
It's completely normal. New movies aren't always available in good copies for a while. Usually cams and telesync copies are up first. The hd doesn't always mean the actual rip quality is hd. My girlfriend always complains about this.

blueys007

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 12:10:00 am »
Thank you so much for the reply. These movies have been out for longer than a month, would that still be the case? Some even longer.

stfu

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 02:44:44 am »
Totally normal, don't expect high quality rips of movies that are <3 months old

Kruncy

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 03:36:57 pm »
Keep tabs on when a movie gets released on DVD.  You will find High Quality/HD shortly afterward:

http://www.dvdsreleasedates.com/

taylor96

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 04:00:42 pm »
good info. tks

EdT

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 10:23:08 pm »
Unless there are "screeners" that somehow made it out of the Oscar judges desk, cam quality comes out the day most films hit the cinema. Most of the time most big Hollywood epics come out now in China and Russia first before they are shown here in North America so you will still be ahead. Watching a film before anyone here in North America is like having a time machine and your friends and family are stuck in the past not knowing what you know or have seen ! ...LoL

EdT

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 10:32:25 pm »
My girlfriend always complains about this.

It always drives me insane when people aka snowflake generation complain about things that are even free.
Maybe this is why companies and organizations rather throws things out then to give it away to charities for risk of being sued or avoid negative feedback !

« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 10:41:23 pm by EdT »

Buzz Marshall

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 10:53:12 pm »
i download a lot of movies from file lockers via warez forums and always found a pretty safe indicator is if the file locker downloads are still all cam then any streams will be no better quality... usually worse as the file locker downloads are usually from a variety of people that re-encode the cam to try and better the quality...

To some i think its more important just to watch the newest without worrying about the quality, me tho i'll wait for at least a TS or something like a screener... i quess it all comes down to what your willing to sit thru...

Admin

• +25/-0
    • View Profile
    • Kodi Tips
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 08:30:23 am »
I'm always surprised how fast people expect a perfect HD rip. "But it's in theatres" is a frequent excuse I get on social media for why a full 1080p rip should be available. What a time..

EdT

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 12:09:40 pm »
I'm always surprised how fast people expect a perfect HD rip. "But it's in theatres" is a frequent excuse I get on social media for why a full 1080p rip should be available. What a time..

That is why the world is still full of suckers paying for cable, not only will they not able to watch whatever in the theatres for at least another six months to a year !

I deal with the snowflake generation on a daily basis and I can produce a comedy show with all the cases I have seen ! 
One customer's wife phoned us for support because the channel where his soccer game was on wouldn't stream.  So I told her to turn on the TV and the box so we can diagnose the problem together over the phone. She then said her husband is in the corner having a fit and crying and won't turn on the TV.  I asked her then why did you even bother to phone us ? ...yeah that is the kind of calls we get on a daily basis !

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 12:16:53 pm by EdT »