My Krypton 17.3 menus dont look right

PhilClacton

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
My Krypton 17.3 menus dont look right
« on: July 16, 2017, 02:32:01 pm »
I have a brand new box running 17.3
When I google about adding Exodus or whatever, the instructions always start : 
The first thing you need to do after launching Kodi Krypton is click on the Settings Icon in the top left corner.
Then, go to System Settings -> Expert Mode -> Addons.
Make sure to turn on ‘Unknown Sources.’ Otherwise, you will not be able to install third-party add-ons.
When the warning box pops up, click ‘Yes’.

But I don't have a Settings Icon in the top left.  That says Home.  There is a Settings over on the right, a little way down, but thats not got System Settings!

Help, how can I find my way around the menu to install addons? 

TonyH

• +35/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
Re: My Krypton 17.3 menus dont look right
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 02:37:17 pm »
You need to open kodi first, then follow the instructions.
Kodi is an app on your box

Buzz Marshall

• +27/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
Re: My Krypton 17.3 menus dont look right
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 07:37:43 pm »
As tony said...

The add-ons belong to the Kodi app which is running on top of the Android system... so the add-ons or plug-ins belong to kodi not android as they extend kodi's ability's...

Its a multi-step procedure that once you do it a couple of times will start to make sense...

1st ya need to enable 3rd party stuff, then you need to go into the file manager and add the location url and name for the repo you want to get the plug-in from, once thats done you can then go into addon's and tell it you want to add a zip file and when it asks you for the zip's location point it to the location you just set up with the earlier step... if everything works out you will see the zip file for the repo show up and you can select it and let it install the zip, After that the new repo should now show up in the list of repos youve got installed... the last step is to then go into the repo you just installed and select whatever it is you want to install...

the other way would be to download the zip file to your local machine and either use a usb stick or whatever to move it to the box and go about the install zip step again but this time just point to where ever you've put the file locally...