KodiTips Forums

Confused about multiple repo's and addons

1sikguy

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Confused about multiple repo's and addons
« on: July 16, 2017, 11:46:33 pm »
Things are changing so fast in KODI, that I am confused. I have multiple repo's (such as Colossus, Smash, Ares, and
Cipherlocker) ALL which contain multiple copies of addons such as SALTS, EXODUS, URLRESOLVER, CCloud, F4mtester, and others. Do I need to keep all of these? Will these multiple addon copies, will updated process correctly?

Please clear up this confusion...

EdT

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Confused about multiple repo's and addons
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 12:03:35 am »
Just keep the repos that are the true "caretakers" of the add-ons.
Smash and Colossus are the main ones now.
Smash is the repo for 1Channel, IceFilms, SALTS and Exodus which are the longest running add-ons so it should be the one you keep.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:06:10 am by EdT »

1sikguy

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 12:22:22 am »
Just keep the repos that are the true "caretakers" of the add-ons.
Smash and Colossus are the main ones now.
Smash is the repo for 1Channel, IceFilms, SALTS and Exodus which are the longest running add-ons so it should be the one you keep.
As an example, EXODUS is in SMASH repo, and has not had an update of EXODUS since June. I just installed the
Cypherlocker repo (from Ares), and I instantly got an EXODUS update from Cypherlocker, while no update from SMASH.

ttown

• +5/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 12:51:44 am »
that unofficial "update" was by ColdFire ... Cypher may just have it in his repo, as it seems like everyone wants to host Exodus nowadays, without actually maintaining it

ttown

• +5/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 12:54:06 am »
and the dependencies like URLresolver are maintained officially by JSergio who resides in Colossal Repository, but associates with Smash