KodiTips Forums

covenant downloads - SOLVED

bor15

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
covenant downloads - SOLVED
« on: July 17, 2017, 02:01:37 am »
Covenant is updated to 1.1.2, downloads are enabled and locations for tv and movies are selected. when i go to anything, get a list of streams then try to get the menu to pop up i get nothing. no menu at all, not even info. is it only me? i have tried on win10, OSX and sont tv. all running 17.3 but win10 is running 17.4 rc1 of kodi

Boris
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 04:00:57 am by bor15 »

TonyH

• +22/-3
    • View Profile
Re: covenant downloads
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 02:34:17 am »
I have read about some people having that problem. The fix is supposed to be reset kodi/ and or your device. Hope that helps

bor15

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 03:53:29 am »
*** Please disregard this post as a fix was found and posted in the following post ***

thanks TonyH but that didn't work. NONE of my covenant installs will allow me to download. i do the exact same process as i would in exodus but after i click to get streams i am unable to right click mouse/long click on the remote to bring up the context menu. if i do this on say a movie listing before i click to get streams, i get the context menu to be able to look at info, trakt manage or auto play for example. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 04:02:05 am by bor15 »

bor15

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 04:00:04 am »
found the fix in another thread only posted up yesterday ... just looked at the time stamps and was posted only 4 hours ago

I have not been able to get the download function to work yet.  I set it up in tools but when I right-click on a stream nothing happens.  Is there a different way to get the menu screen for a stream?  Thanks in advance.

Pretty sure you need to change some settings in Covenant:

1 Turn on DIRECTORY mode in the PLAYBACK settings

2 Setup DOWNLOADS by turning it on and then establishing a path for both movies and tv shows

Now when you select a movie/show select the stream you want to download by right clicking or using a keyboard letter "C" or by long pressing with the ENTER key or mouse pointer or finger. Context menu will not appear for a stream in any mode except Directory mode. Now the Context menu will magically appear with the word Download on it. Click it to start the download.

I usually try playing the stream 1st to avoid crappy videos or streams that may not work.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 04:04:09 am by bor15 »