KodiTips Forums

Colossus Updates

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
Colossus Updates
« on: July 18, 2017, 10:11:39 am »
When I got the colossus repo I went to the main page and downloaded it, then saved it to a thumb drive.

I then proceeded to install from zip from the thumb drive.

My question which may sound a bit strange is

Since I didnít add it as a source and it doesnít show up in add source directory where are my available updates coming from?

Yesterday I got a notification that version 999.999.6 was available. I was just wondering if was safe to install the update, as I did check the Ares wizard website and it said there colossus had been updated.

Sorry just still trying to figure stuff out.

Thanks!! :-\ :-\ :-\

Leviathan

• +6/-3
  • Mysterious
    • View Profile
Re: Colossus Updates
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 11:08:15 am »
When I got the colossus repo I went to the main page and downloaded it, then saved it to a thumb drive.

I then proceeded to install from zip from the thumb drive.

My question which may sound a bit strange is

Since I didnít add it as a source and it doesnít show up in add source directory where are my available updates coming from?

Yesterday I got a notification that version 999.999.6 was available. I was just wondering if was safe to install the update, as I did check the Ares wizard website and it said there colossus had been updated.

Sorry just still trying to figure stuff out.

Thanks!! :-\ :-\ :-\

a repo has xml data pointing it to the repos website that kodi uses to periodically check for new versions of the plugins in it, updating the actual repo may not work however unless it hosts it's own repo in the addon repository directory.

TonyH

• +35/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
Re: Colossus Updates
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 11:24:03 am »
You can in the future bring up the context menu for an addon, click information, click update. This will give you a list of possible sources to update your addon from. In this way you can see, and choose, where to update from. There may only be one source, but that's ok also