KodiTips Forums

Exodus strange interactions

lakis1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Exodus strange interactions
« on: July 20, 2017, 08:54:07 am »
Hey!
   I was using Kodi 16 for a while but recently I thought it is a good idea to install Kodi 17.3.  So I have installed Kodi 17.3 and I used smash repo to download correctly Exodus! I didn't have any problems while I was using Kodi 16 but since I downloaded Kodi 17.3 I realiszed some strange and annoying interactions:
1) I am using Viber for Desktop Computers, and every time I get a message at viber while I am watching series, kodi freezes! By the way, after of some search I found out that the notification message is responsible for that, no the sound!
2)  So I disabled the notifications for messages (http://prntscr.com/fy1gbq) but I found another problem. When I change screen (using alt + tab) kodi pauses, and it doesn't play at the background, but some times I need it to play at the background because I may listen the series' action while I am doing something else!
3) The last one is that also when I change screen while I am watching series, and the come back to kodi, the audio resume but the screen stays black for a while!

// I am sorry about my english

I would appreciate any help! 
Thank you in advance!

BogMan

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Exodus strange interactions
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 09:31:01 am »
Hi,
What is "Viber for Desktop Computers" please

maria

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 05:42:11 pm »
Same problem for me!!
He is talking about Viber which is similar with Messenger App
Check this link for more informations: https://www.viber.com/blog/category/desktop/

Buzz Marshall

• +27/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 08:43:00 pm »
What device are we talking about?  Desktop Computer or a Android Device... Kodi switching on full computer with a bunch of memory i would think should be ok...

Kodi on a full computer wouldn't normally have any problems storing its current state when switching apps but on a Android box where its got to share what little memory its got with the OS and then Kodi and still find enough to properly store Kodi's active state when switching apps starts to get dicey... The Android OS is a real memory waster with all of its tracking apps and core parts running in the background... As well theres been a few core changes in the jump up to Kodi 17 and higher... more then the previous changes from say 14-15 or 15 to 16...

Kodi freezing usually suggests its looking for something that it cant find or the system wont let it run... while resuming from a pause on a running stream playing catch-up could be a few different things...

But if were talking about a normal desktop i wouldn't think the above should be that much of a issue...

maria

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 05:06:32 am »
We are talking about a Desktop PC with those specs (http://prntscr.com/fyu156). It is a very big problem for me because the most times I prefer to just here the audio from Kodi, while I am doing my job, because I don't have enough time to watch series! So is there any way to prevent kodi to pause every time I change screen ?

taylor96

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 09:50:08 am »
In view of the fact that Exodus is no longer being updated and is dying, I wonder why people are still even talking about it.. R U not beating a dead horse.. just saying...

BogMan

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 11:36:28 am »
Trouble shooting

1) - Can you uninstall viper, REBOOT, run Kodi, for 30 - 60 minutes. (report any issues)
2) - Reinstall viper, REBOOT run Kodi, for 30 - 60 minutes. (report any issues)

taylor96 is right about Exodus so maybe try Covenant instead. Good catch Tony96.

Although I'm thinking the problem might be with Viper not being compatible, or a Windows 10 issue, more than Kodi and addons
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 12:33:08 pm by BogMan »

maria

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 03:51:31 am »
Kodi still has the playback issues, it pauses when I change screen and some times when I go back to kodi, the screen stays black for a while!

I will try Covenant  and I will tell you if there is any problem!

Thanks both of you!

maria

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 04:40:27 am »
I have tried COVENANT! This time, when I change screen , audio still playing, but when I turn back kodi stays blacks for a while! Like Exodus

Temporary/Permanent solution:
1) Unistall Kodi Krypton
2) Install official Kodi Jarvin 16.1 from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/
3) Using Ares Wizard install covenant
4) Now the problem about pausing when you change screen is solved! But I have realized that "Watched on COVENANT" doesn't work, it just stucks and you have to reboot kodi. Furthermore seems to find less providers too.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 06:01:56 am by maria »

BogMan

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2017, 11:56:52 am »
maria, did you try my trouble shooting? 

maria

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2017, 03:10:13 pm »
Yea! I have tried it, and I as said there is nothing solved with this troubleshooting. I am sorry :/

ttown

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2017, 03:51:20 pm »
Yea! I have tried it, and I as said there is nothing solved with this troubleshooting. I am sorry :/

I don't know if this has been suggested, but have you tinkered with the playback settings in Covenant? default action, progress dialog and resume playback ?

maria

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 06:57:28 am »
Yep! I have tried, but I didn't find anything that would help

Buzz Marshall

• +27/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 03:54:36 pm »
going back onto Jarvis(16) will probably show less links because a lot of servers are posting their links using https which requires ssl... ssl unless youve got a specially compiled version is not built into Jarvis... thats probably why your seeing less links in some cases...