KodiTips Forums

Covenant issues

Waylane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Covenant issues
« on: July 21, 2017, 06:05:10 am »
I was able to download covenant and a couple other addons. I.e. Genesis reborn and movie dude.

Covenant, only movies will play. And not all movies. Just a very select few.

As for tv shows, I can find them, but they won't open up. You click on it, it thinks for like a minute and then nothing happens.

I've cleared my cache and such, I've rebooted my firestick. And still nothing.

I've been searching for answers for about five hours now with no luck. Any tips would be great full.

BogMan

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Covenant issues
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 09:29:06 am »
Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

Can you tell us which version of Kodi you are running? Also PC, Mac Linux, Android?

Did you follow these instructions?  ( http://koditips.com/covenant-kodi-install-new-exodus-addon/ )

How to Install Covenant Kodi Addon (Jarvis, Krypton, Leia)

ON Kodi 17 Krypton & 18 Leia Only: From the main menu, navigate to Settings > System Settings > Add-ons > Turn On Unknown Sources > Click Yes.

NOTE: If you prefer, you can manually download the zip file from Github here and skip to step #5 below.

From the Kodi main menu, navigate to SYSTEM > File Manager > Add Source > None
Type the following EXACTLY http://tinyurl.com/colossusrepo and select Done
Highlight the box underneath and enter a name for this media Source like “colossus”. and then click OK

Go back to your home screen.
ON Kodi 17 Krypton or later: Select Add-ons > Add-on Browser
ON Kodi 16 or earlier: Select SYSTEM > Add-Ons

Select Install from Zip File > “colossus” > Repository.colosus-999.999.2.zip and wait for the Add-on enabled notification
Select Install from Repository > Colossus repository > Video Add-ons > Covenant > Install
Wait for Add-on enabled notification

Thank you to all the developers and other who work behind the scene
 to make Kodi & Kodi tips work.

Good Luck

Waylane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 10:28:42 am »

Can you tell us which version of Kodi you are running? Also PC, Mac Linux, Android?

Did you follow these instructions?  ( http://koditips.com/covenant-kodi-install-new-exodus-addon/ )

ON Kodi 17 Krypton & 18 Leia Only: From the main menu, navigate to Settings > System Settings > Add-ons > Turn On Unknown Sources > Click Yes.

NOTE: If you prefer, you can manually download the zip file from Github here and skip to step #5 below.

Highlight the box underneath and enter a name for this media Source like “colossus”. and then click OK

Select Install from Zip File > “colossus” > Repository.colosus-999.999.2.zip and wait for the Add-on enabled notification
Select Install from Repository > Colossus repository > Video Add-ons > Covenant > Install

Good Luck

Currently it's kodi 17.1. The firestick is plugged into my smart tv. I've been using it this way for months. Until recently.

I first downloaded using the tinyurl, it didn't work. So then I went and downloaded Aires. Same issues. I've went to my home/settings/applications/manage and cleared cache for kodi. I've rebooted the system after doing so. And I'm still getting the same errors.

Thank you for your reply and input. Maybe this info can help you help me figure this out. Haha.

hatrix

• +25/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 10:30:37 am »
missing dependencies maybe?

Waylane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 10:33:38 am »
missing dependencies maybe?

Not sure I'm following on that one. Could you explain a little. I'm not a crazy tech savvy guy. Thank you.

hatrix

• +25/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 10:46:00 am »
scratch that, just saw that you are able to play some movies. it sounds like possibly something in you network/connection is blocking the streams.

Waylane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 10:54:46 am »
scratch that, just saw that you are able to play some movies. it sounds like possibly something in you network/connection is blocking the streams.

Hmm. Well I did download ipvanish. But ipvanish is not wanting to run. It just keeps saying it's loading when I click to turn it on. I've already emailed ipv to see what that issue is. Waiting for reply. I wiped kodi clean and went and re downloaded everything just now. Still same issues.

sgj169

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2017, 08:54:24 am »

Good Luck

Currently it's kodi 17.1. The firestick is plugged into my smart tv. I've been using it this way for months. Until recently.

I first downloaded using the tinyurl, it didn't work. So then I went and downloaded Aires. Same issues. I've went to my home/settings/applications/manage and cleared cache for kodi. I've rebooted the system after doing so. And I'm still getting the same errors.

Thank you for your reply and input. Maybe this info can help you help me figure this out. Haha.
Have a problem trying to install colossus on a Mac  running kodi 17.3 i get as far as installing form zip the icon is listed but nothing happens when clicked 

Marquiz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 10:26:34 am »

I actually have the same problem. Only SOME of the TV series work, while other have the same problem as descrobed above. Therefore I presume it isn't an ISP issue.
The problem is the same in Exodus, Convenant and Elysium.
Ideas anybody?

Waylane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2017, 09:08:12 am »

I actually have the same problem. Only SOME of the TV series work, while other have the same problem as descrobed above. Therefore I presume it isn't an ISP issue.
The problem is the same in Exodus, Convenant and Elysium.
Ideas anybody?

It's still not working for me. So ended up downloading Wolfpack. Everything seems to be working fine with that addon.

BogMan

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2017, 11:55:09 am »

Waylane
= If you are running 17.1, you need to upgrade to 17.3. IF this was mine, and remind you others might have a different way to go. I would reset the fire stick to factory original, then side load a new copy of Kodi 17.3. install Kodi. REBOOT the device and then setup Kodi, REBOOT then try again to follow my posted instructions

sgj169= You can try to do the same, but in kindness you should start your own thread since your OS is different.

Waylane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 06:25:58 am »

Waylane
= If you are running 17.1, you need to upgrade to 17.3. IF this was mine, and remind you others might have a different way to go. I would reset the fire stick to factory original, then side load a new copy of Kodi 17.3. install Kodi. REBOOT the device and then setup Kodi, REBOOT then try again to follow my posted instructions

sgj169= You can try to do the same, but in kindness you should start your own thread since your OS is different.

I got it working yesterday. Thank you.

riwyz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 02:35:54 am »
Hey guys, just need a little help with covenant on a firestick. I have real debrid connected to covenant but when I click a specific 1080p link to load it still searches through the rest of the links and opens one I didn't click. Any suggestions? :)

TonyH

• +35/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 10:14:48 am »
That is normal, not every link works and covenant is going through the list trying each link until it finds one that works.

bawnie

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2017, 05:04:41 pm »
how did you manage to get this sorted in the end? I am having the same issues now
thanks

TonyH

• +35/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 05:12:20 pm »
how did you manage to get this sorted in the end? I am having the same issues now
thanks
That is normal, not every link works and covenant is going through the list trying each link until it finds one that works.